Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-29, 05:30   Link #1441
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Welp, I dunno if this is legit or not, but I figured I'd drop this lil' ol' spoiler here:

Spoiler:

If it's true, then I'm sure this will delight a lot of folks (personally, I could care less).....
That's from the York Shin arc.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 05:42   Link #1442
marvelB

^Yeah, I already noticed my mistake and edited the post. The REAL spoiler is way more interesting, anyway.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 08:09   Link #1443
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-29, 08:29   Link #1444
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

That picture of Killua and Alluka just screams potential incest

I'm also a little disappointed that Gon and Killua parted ways just like that but, then their promise had always been to meet Ging together, which they did.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 10:52   Link #1445
kakakka

Saw the raws

Ging is taking care of Renhos*, I see...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 16:49   Link #1446
Excelion

Reminds me of the Gourmet World from Toriko. Big huge world bigger than our own and lots of crazy strong creatures. Torikos now one of the big 3 in Jump, so I can't blame him for taking that approach.

I was also getting Korin's Tower vibes (from Dragonball) when Gon climbed that tree, but it proved to not be that difficult.

This new world is interesting, but it feels like it sort of came out of the blue. We need some new bad guys and a bit more direction. It feels like a totally different series now with Killua leaving and Gon possibly teaming up with his dad.

edit: corrected a couple errors

Last edited by Excelion; 2012-02-29 at 17:37.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 23:57   Link #1447
Xion Valkyrie

I guess one way to make new enemies that top the Ants is to do it this way. I guess the Ant Queen was escaping from even stronger foes from the 'outside' world.

I hope we get to see Kurapica soon. I feel like they need to resolve the Spider story thread sooner or later.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 08:40   Link #1448
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Saw the raws

Ging is taking care of Renhos*, I see...
That was my exact thought when I saw those "birds". I wonder if Togashi is a Gintama fan

I hadn't realized what the final page truly represented (didn't initially notice the map of the world at the bottom). Holy crap, the outside world is enormous.
Old 2012-03-01, 10:27   Link #1449
marvelB

Actually, I also believe Toriko's Gourmet World may be a better comparison in this case than OP's New World, what with the whole "lost world" thing Togashi's got going on here.....

Anyways, I'm also a little sad that Killua is splitting from Gon for a while, despite him even managing to free Alluka. Well, on the plus side it's not like they're permanently parting ways. After all, this is a grand opportunity for my man Leorio to get some more screentime!

Oh, and I see the scribbles aren't as bad as the previous chapter's. Hopefully this means the art will improve for the coming chapters as well, considering there's no pesky hiatus to get in the way....
Old 2012-03-01, 20:00   Link #1450
Excelion

Alluka's ability is just too hax to keep around in the main story, so I guess this is why the separation was necessary.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 01:07   Link #1451
n0m@n
C-Z

Lol, I thought I was reading Gintama after seeing lots of Elizabeth...... But this means that this series is far from over so that's a good news.
Old 2012-03-07, 09:06   Link #1452
Simonsy

ha not much translating in 339 looks like
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 09:13   Link #1453
kakakka

Looks like that coin guy is really dead. That fox from the start of examination returned just to visit. *edit: Toto y Moi brought up that the fox guy was covering for Gotoh, since Killua is yet to know that he's dead.*

Now that the last arc is finally wrapped up, I guess it's the zodiacs' turn next.

Last edited by kakakka; 2012-03-07 at 09:32.
Old 2012-03-07, 09:37   Link #1454
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The art's back to normal. I guess Togashi has recovered from what was ailing him those past couple weeks.

I was surprised Hunter x Hunter was released so soon compared to usual, but after "reading" the chapter, I understood why
Old 2012-03-07, 10:01   Link #1455
kakakka

People complaining about the art -> Authour releasing a picture only chapter (well, not completely)
Old 2012-03-07, 11:35   Link #1456
marvelB

Yep, nice to see the art looking normal again (guess that's a benefit of the minimal dialogue, heh ). Anyways, this chapter is leading me to believe that this series is gonna jump on the timeskip bandwagon, as well. Plus, it would most certainly the perfect excuse for Togashi to go on his next hiatus.....
Old 2012-03-07, 13:20   Link #1457
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yep, nice to see the art looking normal again (guess that's a benefit of the minimal dialogue, heh ). Anyways, this chapter is leading me to believe that this series is gonna jump on the timeskip bandwagon, as well. Plus, it would most certainly the perfect excuse for Togashi to go on his next hiatus.....
In my opinion, this chapter would have been the best one for him to go on a hiatus. It's the definite end of the arc, showing all characters, even Kurapika. If he didn't do it, maybe he wiill still go on for a while?

...I know, wishful thinking, but still...
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 14:28   Link #1458
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Looks like that coin guy is really dead. That fox from the start of examination returned just to visit.

Yeah, I was gonna respond to this before you edited your post, but yeah, turns out that Gotoh didn't actually die after all. Thank God too, because I had really wanted to see more of him and his badass coin fighting style.

Anyways, I'd also like to think that the zodiacs will be involved in the next storyline, as well. Also, we still don't know what happened with Hisoka since his killing spree from a while back. And what the heck are Jairo and the Ryodan up to? Yes, the next storyline should be quite an interesting one indeed (especially if a timeskip really IS involved).....
Old 2012-03-07, 20:56   Link #1459
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

togashi did troll with that first goto image, anyway, i still dont know what to think about the alluka/nanika thing beign left unsolved, this migth end up as a plot device that will kill a lot of the tension about what could happen in the story, pretty much a magic-fix-all solution ala dragonballs.
Old 2012-03-07, 23:28   Link #1460
Xion Valkyrie

Togashi once again shows his master storytelling skills. A lot was 'said' even though there was barely any dialogue.

It looks like Kurapica is going to be coming into the spotlight next? Maybe Hisoka wants to manipulate the Zodiacs into fighting the Ryodan so he can have Kuroro all to himself without his pesky teammates. This means Kurapica would be heavily involved.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overpowered villain