AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-07-12, 13:23   Link #21
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I occasionally take "3am" walks (dating back to college days). However, night time rain or fog is a great "out and about" moment.

A lot depends on the location. A '24 hr' city gives a very different result than a 'walk in the woods' -- but both can be a great experience.
Old 2012-07-12, 13:38   Link #22
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I occasionally take "3am" walks (dating back to college days). However, night time rain or fog is a great "out and about" moment.

A lot depends on the location. A '24 hr' city gives a very different result than a 'walk in the woods' -- but both can be a great experience.
Are there 24 hr cities in North America? :S Toronto turns into a ghost town at around 1 am, and this is one of the most populated places here. =/ Only exception is holidays.

I've never had time to wander around at night when I'm in New York City so I don't know what it's like in Manhattan that late. Anywhere else that's not Manhattan is probably not safe that late. I miss the night crowds in Asian cities ;__;
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 13:44   Link #23
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Are there 24 hr cities in North America? :S Toronto turns into a ghost town at around 1 am, and this is one of the most populated places here. =/ Only exception is holidays.

I've never had time to wander around at night when I'm in New York City so I don't know what it's like in Manhattan that late. Anywhere else that's not Manhattan is probably not safe that late. I miss the night crowds in Asian cities ;__;
Los Angeles and San Francisco have '24 hr' parts of town, Can't speak for Seattle or Vancouver yet... Portland kind of mostly shuts down after 2am but there are a handful of hangouts that are 24hr.

Note I'm talking about over-18 or over-21 places, almost everywhere largely sucks for younger people.
Old 2012-07-12, 15:26   Link #24
BradleySmith
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
i remember once i went to a late night movie show with my friends, the movie ended at 1:30am, then we went on a long bike ride, driving on main road, with almost no traffic and cool wind, really great , then we had a sizzling brownie with vanilla ice cream at a 24 hour cafe, then got home by 4 am in the morning
Now that sounds like a night!

Wish i had the balls to go for a walk in the woods at night too many films like the hills have eyes have i watched lol

Check me out!
BradleySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 19:27   Link #25
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Is your schedule more cramped than before? I lose interest in all the little things whenever I'm back in my study term =(
The schedule is more full than before, but even when I have periods with greater amounts of free time it's the same.

I'd imagine that it has to do with one's experiences and work. Back in high school, it felt like nothing that I did really mattered. At this point in my life I've gained enough knowledge and skills to do something useful. I can no longer simply enjoying myself with activities that I used to like, such as taking long walks or trying to do something like playing a long video game. Every five minutes I think to myself about how others in my position are out there working, making a difference, and advancing their careers. It ruins the mood.

It may also be a "been there, done that" type thing. By now I've seen enough sunrises, sunsets, walks through fog, rain in a forest, etc. that I'm no longer impressed to the same degree as I once was by them.

Yet another possibility is grounding to reality. When I was younger I used to play tons of video games and watch tons of anime. I was arguably living somewhere between reality and fantasy. Seeing a wondrous scene in nature was like a real-life link to many of those wonderful scenes from games or shows. Those types of scenes ignited memories of the game or anime where they came from, and probably made reality seem somewhat enhanced. Now that I can't get into games or anime as I used to, I've lost that.

Quote:
I've been out at late hours. There are still people around. I think that living in cities ruined things a bit for me, actually. In a city, there are tons of visual and auditory stimuli. It's very hard to get lost in your thoughts, or to focus on any one thing. It's also harder to just wander. If you take your time going anywhere, you hold up a dozen people who are all trying to go somewhere with a purpose. You pretty much have to know where you're going, at least loosely. Out in nature, you're free to move at your own pace. There's no worry about inconveniencing others, or drawing anyone's attention.
Old 2012-07-13, 03:31   Link #26
Tammuz

It's one of my favorite past times. Just going out for a drive to God knows where at 2 o'clock in the morning. Or putting my headphones on and going for a walk in the woods around my house. Or going to this old bridge close to my house and just leaning over the edge, smoke a cigarette or two.

The night atmosphere makes pretty much anything enjoyable- for me, at least.
Tammuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 06:06   Link #27
BradleySmith
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammuz View Post
It's one of my favorite past times. Just going out for a drive to God knows where at 2 o'clock in the morning. Or putting my headphones on and going for a walk in the woods around my house. Or going to this old bridge close to my house and just leaning over the edge, smoke a cigarette or two.

The night atmosphere makes pretty much anything enjoyable- for me, at least.
Umm a nice cig over a leaning bridge sounds good right now

Check me out!
BradleySmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
random bike rides