AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 16 Rating
Perfect 10 11 28.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 23.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.56%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-11, 09:48   Link #41
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

So it's NT9 time for Kamisato?
And sadly if this the case I'll barely care. I just can't seem to like him.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-11, 10:01   Link #42
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
And sadly if this the case I'll barely care. I just can't seem to like him.
wouldnt you care if his NT9 consists out of 200 pages full of detailed torture-explanation and than he gets to experience scenarios where he murders his parents and friends and than gets raped to death over and over again??
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-11, 10:27   Link #43
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

There are summaries by Chinese readers, and he was awesome dealing with Yuitsu and lecturing how she was living her life incorrectly.

It reminded me of Touma lecturing Vento.

I share their feelings when he when full hero while Touma was there again doubting what to do.

@Loremaster
Spoiler for ~:
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-11, 11:46   Link #44
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
wouldnt you care if his NT9 consists out of 200 pages full of detailed torture-explanation and than he gets to experience scenarios where he murders his parents and friends and than gets raped to death over and over again??
Nope, why should I care for someone who only been in this for 3 novels and leaving so quickly. Was he suppose to be a mirror of toumas old self I don't know. But Kamachi has at least failed to convince me to
Like this character in this amount of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
There are summaries by Chinese readers, and he was awesome dealing with Yuitsu and lecturing how she was living her life incorrectly.

It reminded me of Touma lecturing Vento.

I share their feelings when he when full hero while Touma was there again doubting what to do.

@Loremaster
Spoiler for ~:
So basically he's Touma 2.0 this doesn't change my feeling towards him. His entire position in this Niel felt awkwardly placed in.
Old 2016-08-11, 11:51   Link #45
WiliamZ0

Kamisato gone? YAY!
Hostage situation? YAY!
Finally something good gonna happened right !

Spoiler for Don't wanna spoil everyone:
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-11, 12:03   Link #46
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
Kamisato gone? YAY!
Hostage situation? YAY!
Finally something good gonna happened right !

Spoiler for Don't wanna spoil everyone:
Regarding your spoiler I'm not shocked by this development. She seems very capable to adapting and this is someone who worked up to level five. This development is actually something I predicted last volume.
Old 2016-08-11, 12:41   Link #47
LevelSeven

Quote:
seriously? not sure but damn the good guys in toaru can be so arrogant (who are they to tell someone that the way they live is correct or not?)
Talk no jutsu-ing is one of the worst thing a author can use imo, number 2 is incredible obvious plot armor :/

@Lore

what i meant was, wouldnt you even care about him if he got such a volume?
i can be not caring too but at least that would give him at least some of my interest
either way, now that i have heard that he will use TnJ i guess im ok with him dying in a garbage can :/
Old 2016-08-11, 13:04   Link #48
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
seriously? not sure but damn the good guys in toaru can be so arrogant (who are they to tell someone that the way they live is correct or not?)
Talk no jutsu-ing is one of the worst thing a author can use imo, number 2 is incredible obvious plot armor :/

@Lore

what i meant was, wouldnt you even care about him if he got such a volume?
i can be not caring too but at least that would give him at least some of my interest
either way, now that i have heard that he will use TnJ i guess im ok with him dying in a garbage can :/
No I wouldn't care even if he did get NT9. It's honestly not the right type of development for him. What made it work for Touma is because we know most of his history, the other guy on the other hand is barely 3 volumes old. No real connection and no long lost memories to get lost in. He doesn't have the same connection so a NT9 for him will fail.
Old 2016-08-11, 13:45   Link #49
Chosen_Hero

^Agreed,
Spoiler for continuation:

I'll try keeping away from the spoilers as much as I can, I want to go into this volume expecting nothing.
Old 2016-08-11, 14:49   Link #50
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Good news for you then, already stated he is coming back ★ somehow with Touma's help(and return the favor).

Spoiler for -:
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-11, 16:23   Link #51
LevelSeven

^so....if hat is true than i think i now understand the forte of kamachi: character design, power creation, powersystem and worldbuilding plus interesting fights
Im still naive to think that something could happen :/
Old 2016-08-11, 16:24   Link #52
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Oh god fucking damn it Kamachi
Spoiler for Spoils:
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-11, 16:28   Link #53
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Interesting volume ahead it seems. At the very least /she/ finally returns, proving she didn't die somewhere during the old volumes or during Railgun...

Spoiler:
Old 2016-08-11, 17:09   Link #54
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsurin View Post
Interesting volume ahead it seems. At the very least /she/ finally returns, proving she didn't die somewhere during the old volumes or during Railgun...

Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-11, 17:32   Link #55
LG-MAX 2.o

then another volume with predictable and simple resolution? normal.

It is now expected to translations begin and have fun with the best series offers, comedy.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-11, 19:07   Link #56
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Good news for you then, already stated he is coming back ★ somehow with Touma's help(and return the favor).

Spoiler for -:
After I read the volume myself I will quote you with my reply, expect an essays' worth.
Old 2016-08-12, 00:58   Link #57
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
After I read the volume myself I will quote you with my reply, expect an essays' worth.
Dude I don't know how to take this statement. Is the volume good? Is it bad? Or should I wait?

That aside...
Touma is back to breaking illusions guys, let's hope his roar at the end of the volume is a sign of the series returning to it's former glory.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-12, 05:49   Link #58
LevelSeven

^doubt that will be the case,
the first things that wouöd need to happen for this are story arcs involving the former main chars accel and shiage, than pulling it together into a big final, i would say shiage deals with takitsubo and her lvl5 thing, accel finally gets a story explaining his wings to some extend and touma deals with laura and index bwing hostage (she will never be anything else),

And shiage finds out that in england the stonehenge can turn back time for the objects inside of it which is the key to reverse the issue with takitsubo who is about to die mentally due to inability of controlling her powers (simiöar to misaka and her lvl6 shift), but the only one who knows the spell is Index,

But they dont stand a chance against the saints who work for laura but luckily accel has a reason to be there, he found out the same as shiage but he wants to use it in order to see into his past and learn from where he comes from, so the big battle begins that destroys london and sends great britian after accel, shiage and touma,

they need stuff for the spell and etc etc spell works any takitsubo is saved, accel does his own thing which ends with thw group getting swallowed in a big light ball, volume NT19 ends there,

NT20 is accels flashback that also FINALLY connects the cast with aleister, after coming back they see that archetype controller changed the whole world, now the group of 5 must destroy that machine....and the enemys are all the people the team is close to

Imo this sounds like a freaking awesome plot, but will never happen
Old 2016-08-12, 07:16   Link #59
mark1246

Spoiler for Spoil update:

Our lord and savior Js06 got her copy and finish reading it, she enjoy it she says.
now to play the waiting game for December for NT17

PS: I didnt know about this and got on the JOJO hype train last year, but on the Toaru Majutsu no Index:Crossover Chapter 1

WE HAVE A CHARACTER CALLED "KILLER QUEEN".......KILLER QUEEN

Geez i dont know if Kamachi like JOJO or what but for those who read part 4, that freaking cool >.<
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-12, 08:33   Link #60
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Spoiler for Spoil update:

Our lord and savior Js06 got her copy and finish reading it, she enjoy it she says.
now to play the waiting game for December for NT17
Uh... I don't seem to recall js06 ever being known as a woman...?

A volume with no newly introduced characters though, how rare and enjoyable.