AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-21, 05:39   Link #61
Glitch87

what I mean is are there any groups that are anxiously awaiting the airing of the first episode so that they can obtain the raw and then begin the process of subbing that episode and releasing it so people who want to watch the show can.

Obviously I know its not out yet.
Glitch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 10:44   Link #62
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Nobody has announced it yet, according to this fairly well-updated wiki at least: http://fansub.andrewlb.com/pukiwiki.php?Spring%202007

Since this is a big budget Production I.G show, it's a guaranteed instalicense. I.G folks have already been sending promotional out material to potential partners long ago, so don't get your hopes up.

Still, while this is AnimeSuki and we don't talk about things like that in open, you'd know what to do if something like that does happen. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 20:17   Link #63
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

It's the first title made using the fund that was part of the agreement that Geneon Ent. shares were acquired with by d-rights. Maybe they didn't feel the need to announce it. It even goes by an English title, Guardian of the Sacred Spirit.

This baby is prob. pre-licensed imo.
Old 2007-03-22, 06:09   Link #64
BluWacky
尻の竜

Geneon Entertainment isn't the same thing as Geneon USA, though.

Doesn't alter the fact that Geneon USA announced they'd licensed Seirei no Moribito at the Tokyo Anime Fair today/yesterday (not sure which, this is second-hand news), though. Not a surprise, and I'm sure they'll do a bang up job on it.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 07:12   Link #65
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

From this link which was on the page that I originally linked to....

Quote:
Dentsu and Mitsubishi Corporation have agreed to make Dentsu subsidiary Geneon Entertainment (USA) Inc. (President: Eiji Orii; Head Office: Long Beach, California) a joint venture between Dentsu and d-rights. Geneon Entertainment (USA) is involved in the planning and distribution of entertainment content in the United States, focusing primarily on Japanese animation. Dentsu and d-rights plan to cooperate closely in the management of this company. Pursuant to Geneon Entertainment (USA) becoming a joint venture, d-rights will acquire a 34% equity stake in the company from Dentsu, and nominate two members of its board of directors.

In addition to undertaking sales activities in the United States of works developed through the joint investment fund, Geneon Entertainment (USA) will also aggressively develop these works for use in such new media as the Internet and mobile devices.
It was a pre-licensed title imo. The fund makes it and then hands it off the Geneon USA to distribute it.

There's also this and another linky.

It's now an announced pre-licensed title imo.
Old 2007-03-22, 07:24   Link #66
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

argh.... watching that youtube clip just doesnt do me any good..... makes waiting for the release so much more unbearable

Any idea on the date of release on this baby yet?
Old 2007-03-22, 07:26   Link #67
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Any idea on the date of release on this baby yet?
Two weeks on Saturday (April 7th, I believe). Easter weekend.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 08:13   Link #68
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Looking forward to this one as well, though I wish that Barusa didn't look quite so much like Saya. I guess I'll get over it once I start following the series.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 16:56   Link #69
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

It was a pre-licensed title imo. The fund makes it and then hands it off the Geneon USA to distribute it.

There's also this and another linky.

It's now an announced pre-licensed title imo.
Well I'm not surprised it's pre-licensed. Especially after they announced the conference was bilingual. I hope the dvds get their R1 release soon after the series has finished in Japan.

In the meantime here's some Barsa cosplay

Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 01:00   Link #70
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post

wow that was fast,lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Kenji Kamiyama directing and Kenji Kawai doing the music?
Kenji kawai

pre-liscened thingy is meh .... limits the choice of good fansub
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 01:10   Link #71
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
wow that was fast,lol
It's one of those "official cosplays". Basically, a showgirl at the Geneon booth at, I believe, this year's TAF industry fair.
Old 2007-03-23, 04:30   Link #72
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Well I'm not surprised it's pre-licensed. Especially after they announced the conference was bilingual. I hope the dvds get their R1 release soon after the series has finished in Japan.
It'd be BEST if the DVDs came out as fast as Chevalier - which were released before the show even ended! Oh man...

...Of course there's no hope of Singapore getting that treatment So I guess it's on to my pirating ways...

If it matters at all I vaguely read some comments about the preview screening this show had some time back (before TAF, too). They showed the first two episodes and of course the response was largely positive (from what I remembered). The visuals were, needless to say, awesome.

Whether I.G. will keep this up or not is another matter - I hope they do, seeing it's NHK and not-typical-anime-ish and all...
Old 2007-03-23, 06:26   Link #73
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

With NHK and Kenji Kamiyama, the animation quality should be quite consistent. Though, the story might be quite different from the novel source. In essence, GitS was very different from the movie and the manga although in a good way imo.

I'm kinda disappointed with their choice of artist for OP, i imagined it would be something more akin to Juuni Kokki's OP by Hari Kunihiko which is more oriental style.
Old 2007-03-23, 12:44   Link #74
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Looking forward to this one as well, though I wish that Barusa didn't look quite so much like Saya. I guess I'll get over it once I start following the series.
Actually I like that she does since I really like the design, and I like finally getting this person's character designs in a lavish Production IG TV series. Her strong personality and action make me think this might be the more detailed anime I was expecting from Blood+. Blood+ was good, but the art style made it feel so much more mundane than I was expecting.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 09:17   Link #75
Iwanihana

You can see some scans from the April issue of Newtype here.
Iwanihana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 18:32   Link #76
7Th
Mixtape

No idea how this came un-posted until now, probably because the guy who took all other TAF videos didn't uploaded this, but someone grabbed the opening with a hand-camera, here it is, my sister called me since she found it and I told her to lend me post it in the forum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeB8qZrvs8I

WAIT A SECOND... THERE'S DIRECT FEED OF THIS?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2Kk2...elated&search=

It's a boring but somewhat well done opening to be honest, it is only good to showcase budget even if not really the animation quality. 2nd Gig's was much better, that one is legendary, so catch is is really a far shot.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 18:57   Link #77
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwanihana View Post
You can see some scans from the April issue of Newtype here.
Nice images and info, thanks!
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 19:38   Link #78
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Well, here's a link with the OP and ED as well for this upcoming series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj3hS...elated&search=

not exactly what i had in mind but oh well, can't judge an anime by it's cover... or OP n ED here to be exact.
Old 2007-03-28, 03:05   Link #79
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Nice. Although, it's rather typical. 8)
Old 2007-03-28, 05:59   Link #80
wao
OK.

Well, it was nothing mindblowing and it was perhaps a little typical, but it was undeniably solid and well-produced at any rate. More than the animation or storyboarding, it was about how everything looked so movie-like together. The colours fit in extremely well, and also the camera work seemed really good in a non-obvious way. I think my favourite part was that bit with the sunset and how the camera sort of sped past it.

Either way though, it's certainly a lot more upbeat than I thought it was. I had a look at the ED and it confirmed what I had been hearing, that Eureka 7's director Tomoki Kyoda storyboarded and directed the OP. Kyoda sure keeps getting bashed on 2ch so it was inevitable this'd get brought up as well. Perhaps while he knows how to utilize the amazing production capability of I.G. he hasn't come to the level where it can be more than just pretty, or something.

By the way, for those of you here who were Chevalier fans, the OP was almost entirely animated by the Chevalier mainstays. I saw the Chiba brothers (?), Hajime Shimomura, and hell, even Tomomi Ozaki (Chevalier's charadesigner) was there.

While I had a look at the ED though, I was surprised that I saw absolutely none of the big names I thought would be involved with this show. Where's Nishio?! No Okiura or anything - in fact I don't even recognize almost all of the names. Turns out this show will be co-produced with P.A. Works (I believe this also happened in GITS:SAC). Well, I guess this show will be more of a great-production than great-sakuga show then? That's okay for me, I have Dennou Coil and Gurenn Lagann if I want to fangirl over sakuga.

...argh, but I still do wish they had gone with an epic instrumental OP like Twelve Kingdoms rather than Laruku. -_- It kind of spoils the mood a bit... but I guess I'll get used to it.

Tags
drama, fantasy, historical, production i.g.