Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2020-10-19, 11:59   Link #6961
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeGundam View Post
Yeah, yeah... those are all drawings you commissioned, right?

Not all of us hate the IS girls, you know.
Well, I just wanted to present some of us members didn’t like the IS girls. But there’s plenty of posts on IS reddit.

Edit: I think it was an anonymous commissioner. I just happened to find ‘em.

Last edited by Chaos-Zero; 2020-10-19 at 12:23.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-28, 06:01   Link #6962
Tsundere89

Ok, I am confused why does everyone hate Houki so much and why do people not think she will end up with him? Its obvious that among the girls the only one he seems to have the most feelings for is houki? Did you guys forget she the only girl Ichika almost kissed on his own accord? He also got jelious of how houki fawning over his dream counterpart in the world purge arc. He thought the other girls dreams were shallow. houki dream was also not driven by lust like the other instead her dream was just to have a quite happily married life with him. She also had the courage to try and confess her feelings not only once but three times! Ichika also went nuts in volume 12 when houki was captured and was so focused oh her he disregard the other girls safety which they call him out on. He also told her esentially that she didn't need to be the strongest person in the world for him to love/care about her because he loves/cares for her for just being her. Houki IS also seemed satisfied that Ichika at least somewhat loved houki and retured her feeling because it said her dream was fulfilled and she was happy..
Houki dream was for ichika to love her so i think that says a lot unless someone can tell me if i am totally interpreting her IS words of her dreams and mission being fulfilled is wrong.

The author seems to be hinting houki is really the main love interest. Houki is also shown to be in the process at the end of volume 12 of working on her weakness and fears so she can grow as person. She also feels real guilt by how she lashed out at ichika because of her pride and insecurities. Feeling sometimes like she doesn't deserve him dispite loving him deeply.. Which is something I don't think people give her credit for. So can someone explain to me why some of you guys dont think he will end up with houki in vol 13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertail View Post
Using Google Translator, I've managed to get a rough idea of what's these short stories are about.
Charlotte's story is about the amusement park date she made Ichika promise her after he saved her in volume 8.
I forget what Laura's was about.
Cecilia's is about doing some business in Japan with Ichika acting as her butler during that time, as set up by Chelsea.

So, what happened between Charlotte at the amusement park. Anything romantic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post

- Cecilia once again showed how much she was Izuru's favorite instead of Houki. She had got a date with Ichika at an amusement park, while the other harem members--wearing the costumes of the park's mascots no less--tried and failed to trash their date
Just because Cecilia date wasn't ruined doesn't mean she Izurus favorite. You forget Houki went on two dates with ichika which were pretty romantic. The first kind of date was the one at the shinnono festival. The second one was when they did that photo shoot and went to that fancy restaurant. Neither of which were interrupted. I think that took place in vol 8 or 9.

Quote:
As usual, here is me spoiling Volume 12:

- Houki had been a nervous wreck since seeing Ichika kissing Cecilia in the last volume, and it showed when Ichika visited the Shinonono on the first day penultimate the new year. It later turned out that the nervousness was also caused by Houki seeing visions of unfamiliar memories
Ichika did not kiss Cecilia. He hugged her as a Birthday present. Houki was still upset though.

Last edited by LKK; 2020-10-28 at 09:54. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use Edit or Multi-Quote button instead.
Tsundere89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-28, 08:56   Link #6963
darkofficer
just a devil

Main reason for disliking houki. She is one of those violent tsunderes where somehow everything goes good for her. Example the world purge dreams

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-28, 13:30   Link #6964
Chaos-Zero

I’m not sure if Ichika and Houki’s time at the Shinonono Festival qualifies as a real date. Some people saying that doesn’t count as a date. They say is more like getting together thing. Houki doesn’t make much progress with Ichika as if things don’t move forward between the two of them due to such mishaps and stuff.
Old 2020-10-29, 02:41   Link #6965
JusticeGundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere89 View Post
Ok, I am confused why does everyone hate Houki so much and why do people not think she will end up with him? Its obvious that among the girls the only one he seems to have the most feelings for is houki? Did you guys forget she the only girl Ichika almost kissed on his own accord?
A lot of people, myself included, dislike Houki because we think that the writing is making the other girls meaner and less sympathetic in order to make Houki look better by comparison. And that the author is trying to force us readers to like her and doesn't want us to root for the other girls.

Quote:
He also got jelious of how houki fawning over his dream counterpart in the world purge arc. He thought the other girls dreams were shallow. houki dream was also not driven by lust like the other instead her dream was just to have a quite happily married life with him.
See? That's what I mean. The writing here is blatantly trying to tell us that "only Houki really loves him, all the other girls are just thirsty", which for me is utter BS. It's a cheap way of forcing the author's intended pairing by disqualifying the other possible love interests by making them worse, when Yumizuru should instead develop the intended pairing and be fair to the other characters.
JusticeGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-29, 09:06   Link #6966
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

The thing is , Houki circumstance compare to other girl is laughable , she also receive the best treatment just for being existed .
Take Charl for example , mother ded , no father love , have to use outdated IS .....
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-29, 09:30   Link #6967
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Ok, I am confused why does everyone hate Houki so much and why do people not think she will end up with him? Its obvious that among the girls the only one he seems to have the most feelings for is houki? Did you guys forget she the only girl Ichika almost kissed on his own accord? He also got jelious of how houki fawning over his dream counterpart in the world purge arc. He thought the other girls dreams were shallow. houki dream was also not driven by lust like the other instead her dream was just to have a quite happily married life with him. She also had the courage to try and confess her feelings not only once but three times! Ichika also went nuts in volume 12 when houki was captured and was so focused oh her he disregard the other girls safety which they call him out on. He also told her esentially that she didn't need to be the strongest person in the world for him to love/care about her because he loves/cares for her for just being her. Houki IS also seemed satisfied that Ichika at least somewhat loved houki and retured her feeling because it said her dream was fulfilled and she was happy..
Houki dream was for ichika to love her so i think that says a lot unless someone can tell me if i am totally interpreting her IS words of her dreams and mission being fulfilled is wrong.

The author seems to be hinting houki is really the main love interest. Houki is also shown to be in the process at the end of volume 12 of working on her weakness and fears so she can grow as person. She also feels real guilt by how she lashed out at ichika because of her pride and insecurities. Feeling sometimes like she doesn't deserve him dispite loving him deeply.. Which is something I don't think people give her credit for. So can someone explain to me why some of you guys dont think he will end up with houki in vol 13?

So, what happened between Charlotte at the amusement park. Anything romantic?

Just because Cecilia date wasn't ruined doesn't mean she Izurus favorite. You forget Houki went on two dates with ichika which were pretty romantic. The first kind of date was the one at the shinnono festival. The second one was when they did that photo shoot and went to that fancy restaurant. Neither of which were interrupted. I think that took place in vol 8 or 9.

Ichika did not kiss Cecilia. He hugged her as a Birthday present. Houki was still upset though.
Let's see. I think the reason why some people dislike Houki is due to the way she treat the poor man. Some say Houki doesn't truly love Ichika for who he is on the inside. She only love him just for his strength. If you look on Infinite Stratos subreddit describes Houki's Punishment, then I think you can find the answer.

For those who can't google their way, here's the shortcut: https://www.reddit.com/r/InfiniteStr...is_punishment/
Old 2020-10-29, 13:35   Link #6968
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
The thing is , Houki circumstance compare to other girl is laughable , she also receive the best treatment just for being existed .
Take Charl for example , mother ded , no father love , have to use outdated IS .....
Charlotte’s father does love her, though. V11 revealed that.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-30, 07:37   Link #6969
Chaos-Zero

Please tell me something. Does Charlotte Dunois truly love Ichika for who he is on the inside or no? By my suspicions, she seem to lust after Ichika like all the rest of the IS harem.
Old 2020-10-30, 08:32   Link #6970
Silvertail

The main girls do love Ichika. Its not weird for teenagers to fantasies about the opposite sex, especially if its someone they like.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-30, 10:13   Link #6971
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
Please tell me something. Does Charlotte Dunois truly love Ichika for who he is on the inside or no? By my suspicions, she seem to lust after Ichika like all the rest of the IS harem.
then the authors plot worked on you

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-30, 20:43   Link #6972
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertail View Post
The main girls do love Ichika. Its not weird for teenagers to fantasies about the opposite sex, especially if its someone they like.
Are you sure the main girls truly love Ichika for who he is on the inside? Because it seems to me that they want to have him for their own selfish desires. Besides, not one of them have made progress with him so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
then the authors plot worked on you
I guess you can say that.
Old 2020-11-01, 01:41   Link #6973
Malicre

Personally i always thought Houki was just a replacement for Chifuya (as a love interest) because he already made his sister the perfect women so hes trying to replicate her to some degree without delving into incest territory.

TLDR: i think he royally messed up making Chifuya his sister, shes by far the best girl in this entire series.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-01, 13:11   Link #6974
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
Personally i always thought Houki was just a replacement for Chifuya (as a love interest) because he already made his sister the perfect women so hes trying to replicate her to some degree without delving into incest territory.

TLDR: i think he royally messed up making Chifuya his sister, shes by far the best girl in this entire series.

I disagree. It's because she is the sister, that she is the best heroine. Though Madoka would take that spot for me, if she was a heavy brocon for me.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-01, 15:56   Link #6975
Silvertail

The older sister of the main male character in a harem series is suppose to represent the forbidden fruit of women; beautiful, sexy, strong and smart while being extremely important to them. At the same time, they're already family (be by blood or adoption) and can't pursued a relationship due to it being immoral. That's what makes it interesting for fans. We want to see whether or not the sister and brother will cross the line.
Old 2020-11-03, 02:58   Link #6976
JusticeGundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
Are you sure the main girls truly love Ichika for who he is on the inside? Because it seems to me that they want to have him for their own selfish desires. Besides, not one of them have made progress with him so far.
I am sure that all the girls love Ichika for who he truly is, otherwise I don't think they would keep going after him, even with how dense he's pretending to be. XD
JusticeGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-10, 16:13   Link #6977
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeGundam View Post
I am sure that all the girls love Ichika for who he truly is, otherwise I don't think they would keep going after him, even with how dense he's pretending to be. XD
I see. So, the IS harem does love Ichika for who he is on the inside as if they keep going after him. If they haven’t made any progress with Ichika, then volume 13 will be their last chance to close the deal with the boy. The reason why I asked if the IS harem truly love Ichika for who he is on the inside because I wouldn’t want them to meet the same fate as Samson and Delilah.
Old 2020-11-11, 04:28   Link #6978
Tsundere89

Quote:
As you may know, Izuru made his Twitter private years ago. However, for some reason he recently made the account public again. I am going through his feed to see any mention of IS. For now it seems like he is really into somekind of mobile gacha game.

Also, he has a Twitch channel now.

In other news, Izuru within the last two years made three short stories, the first about Charlotte, the second about Laura, and the third about Cecilia. The stories were only available online for a limited period of time. I am trying to find out if any thoughtful Japanese fan out there had archived the webpages on Wayback Machine. For now all we know are the basic premise of the stories thanks to the short blurbs in these three news articles:

- Charlotte: オーバーラップ広報室 IS<インフィニット・ストラトス>外伝・ シャルロット編『秋空ふわり』を期間限定公開!

- Laura: オーバーラップ広報室 IS<インフィニット・ストラトス>外伝・ ラウラ編『ガール・アット・カフェ』を期間限定公開!

- Cecilia: オーバーラップ広報室 【オーバーラップ7周年記念】IS<インフィニット・ストラトス>外伝・ セシリア編『英国令嬢に仕えよ、男子!』を期間限定公開!

I am confused why doesn't Houki get a story? I wonder?
Tsundere89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-11, 08:27   Link #6979
Silvertail

Quote:
I am confused why doesn't Houki get a story? I wonder?
Probably because she gets enough attention in the main story. A least that's my guess now that you brought the question up.
Old 2020-11-11, 09:45   Link #6980
Chaos-Zero

Has Houki and the other IS girls, along with Chifuyu, face their own weaknesses?

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen