Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-07, 11:53   Link #42
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'd forgotten how bad Popp was.
As a first time experience of this story, I knew he was gonna be bad when he was practically going to let his master die in the prev episode without even trying to help, but this....was even more unbearable. I. HATE. personalities like Popp; full of himself, annoying, and a coward . I'm quite disappointed that Avan died, as when he was first introduced, I could definitely see him being a fun, comedy-type character to have around. Unfortunately, since he passed, the author chooses the worst of the two alternatives(1) being Dai traveling by himself, least initially, and 2) travelling with Popp) to continue the story with.

I'm also particularly fond of the main[male] MC interacting with main[of the episode] female characters, and Popp ruined that too.

That being said, I liked the rest of the episode. The fight between Crocodine and Dai was pretty enjoyable, and it was fun to see his skills put to the test with a non-cannon fodder enemy. I'll be looking forward to the conclusion of the fight, now that(most likely) Dai will be able to move again. I'm also interested in learning more about Maam's abilities too =03.

Last edited by frubam; 2020-11-07 at 22:53.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-07, 13:09   Link #43
Homura7

In about a few episodes you won't be hating Pop's guts ever again.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-07, 14:00   Link #44
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
In about a few episodes you won't be hating Pop's guts ever again.
Maybe, but annoyance is going to be a constant...
Old 2020-11-07, 19:45   Link #45
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Popp feels like proto-Usopp. But unlike Usopp who still acts like a coward after 100 volumes, I've heard Popp actually grows a lot as a character.
Old 2020-11-07, 22:51   Link #46
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Popp feels like proto-Usopp. But unlike Usopp who still acts like a coward after 100 volumes, I've heard Popp actually grows a lot as a character.
I hope it happens sooner rather than later.
Old 2020-11-08, 03:03   Link #47
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I hope it happens sooner rather than later.
Sadly it is going to be latter.
But his growth is truly something worthwhile.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-08, 12:39   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Oh boy...Popp is pretty bad here. Can we just straight up leave him behind and replace him with Maam? She seems a far better character and actually happens to be useful . Well I suppose that's not an option they'll explore.

Would have been a fitting end for him to get killed after abandoning Dai. Run away from danger into the jaws of a waiting beast. All you can do is hope he matures...someday.

At least Maam is pretty cool. Reflective of someone that properly graduated from Avan's lessons. She knows what she is doing, has the physical strength to cover for mostly being a ranged fighter, and the intelligence to know how to respond to a crisis. Honestly the worst thing I can say about her is the unfortunate ship they seem destined to set her up with involving Popp.
Old 2020-11-08, 14:07   Link #49
Lex79

Nice things in this episode:
-Hadler is pragmatic enough to realize that he has to kill Dai as soon as possible and sent one of his best warriors after him;
-we get a simple but nice explanation for why despite Dai already being able to defeat Hacker the six commanders are still a serious threat to him;
-Dai has gotten strong, but he still can't take an enemy at the level of a commander on his own without the power of the dragon crest;
-Crocodyne doesn't act as the stereotypical arrogant villain but fights Dai seriously and properly acknowledges his strength.
Old 2020-11-08, 19:22   Link #50
grecefar

at least usopp is funny in his own way, popp doesn't have even that... is going to be hard to stand him, at least maan will join to have some eyecandy in each chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-14, 18:08   Link #51
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What a small world, Maam isn't only a disciple of Avan, she's also the daughter of his former party members.
Old 2020-11-14, 23:43   Link #52
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Lol at that random villager boy's voice... I guess they probably reused one of the VAs, but he wasn't able to pull off a kid's voice really well.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 00:05   Link #53
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well at least Popp is going to be useful for charging up bullets for Maam. May not be all that useful outside of that but it should be enough .

I do feel iffy about whether they should just be honest with the villagers. At the very least I kind of feel like Avan's former party members be informed of his death. I get that the death of a legend would hit hard and people need to keep their spirits up during this crisis. But I think those close to Avan should be kept up to date here.
Old 2020-11-15, 18:01   Link #54
grecefar

Story repeats itself and now a party of three is going agains the demon lord. I didn't expect dai to lie about avan, I can see it from popp but not dai.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-21, 17:03   Link #55
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

In this week's episode of "Popp freaking sucks" we have Popp being absolutely pathetic. He should join the fake hero's team. He'd fit right in with that bunch.

An effective tactic if nothing else used against Dai. I suppose if Crocodine tosses his pride he can get work done for sure.

Thank goodness this monster army isn't interested in killing people though. Or else the fight would already be over with the amount of monsters flooding into the city without much to get in their way.
Old 2020-11-21, 19:39   Link #56
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Crocodine will probably be revealed to be the weakest commander, but it's still pathetic he can't beat Dai who hasn't even mastered his dragon knight powers at all without resorting to treachery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
In this week's episode of "Popp freaking sucks" we have Popp being absolutely pathetic. He should join the fake hero's team. He'd fit right in with that bunch.
It looks like next week will be Popp being awesome though.
Old 2020-11-22, 02:25   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Crocodine will probably be revealed to be the weakest commander, but it's still pathetic he can't beat Dai who hasn't even mastered his dragon knight powers at all without resorting to treachery.

It looks like next week will be Popp being awesome though.
Thankfully. Though even then I was left groaning at the narration of the preview talking about "what will Popp do!?" while showing exactly what he's going to do...Not the first time an episode preview has dropped the ball pretty hard, I suppose.
Old 2020-11-22, 02:40   Link #58
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Though even then I was left groaning at the narration of the preview talking about "what will Popp do!?" while showing exactly what he's going to do...Not the first time an episode preview has dropped the ball pretty hard, I suppose.
Well, to be fair, with both of Dai and Maam being incapacitated, it's not like there is anyone else who can save the day
So the preview doesn't spoil much actually.
Old 2020-11-22, 02:42   Link #59
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Well, to be fair, with both of Dai and Maam being incapacitated, it's not like there is anyone else who can save the day
So the preview doesn't spoil much actually.
Brass pulls a Darth Vader by shaking off the brain washing and throwing Crocodine down a shaft.
Old 2020-11-27, 22:08   Link #60
Xical
Phantom User

I hope your opinion of Pop changed a little now.

Tags
adaptation, dai no daibouken, dragon quest, remake