5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 2.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 1.29%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.06%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.54%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-24, 21:53   Link #601
Dyllani

Suzaku finally made to decision to fight for what he wants. He's sees what needs to be done, and he plans on doing it. He's not doing a very good job, but I have to say, he's making sense (more or less). Go!!! Lord Kururugi!!! Go!!!

Schniezel, who is this guy? What does he really want? Schniezel despises his father, and views Charles as an unfit ruler. Schniezel projects the propper image, but I just don't know if I buy it. Even so, Charles clearly doesn't give damn about his nation or its people. Schniezel is taking the steps necessary to bring Charles down. I wish him well. He seems to have placed some fate in Suzaku's newfound resolve, I just hope he has another plan up his sleaves just in case. No good can come from relying on Suzaku (unless your Cornelia, he saved her a lot for some reason). Time to pick sides. Cornelia was shocked by her brother's power play, but didn't seem to oppose him. I guess she'd rather stand by her brother, than her Geass mad father. Oh well, thanks to Lelouch, Charles may very well be out of the picture. Maybe Schniezel has already won. It seem a bit too easy though. His Majesty, Schneizel el Britannia, I guest we'll have to wait and see if it actually happens.

Marianne is back and planning god knows what. I wonder who C.C. will chose to follow, Mother or Son. Hopefully Mommy isn't some evil bitch out to rule the world. Last thing Lelouch needs is another crazy parent.

Last edited by Dyllani; 2008-08-24 at 22:03.
Dyllani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 22:04   Link #602
X18999
Zeig Zeon!

Out of everything that happened I'm most happy about Kaguya being suspicious about Zero's death saying she only know one person who'd go after the emperor at a time like this
X18999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 22:07   Link #603
scifijimmy

When she said that, I was pretty sure she meant Zero/Lelouch. She may not know who is behind the mask, but that only Zero could have created the chaos.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 22:15   Link #604
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
2 most ponderous things to me about this episode

1. Schneizel quote from Gino scene "Do you know the other meaning of authority": could he be referring to Geass? Did he end up getting one somehow?

2. Marianne's objective. I have great doubts that she'll be a support protagonist. "Do you think I was that ideal of a mother?", "So, what should I do? Should I save him?". The first quote obviously instills doubts about her motherly love for Lelouch. However it's the second one that makes me think more. Who is "him" referring to? Although we see Charles as the badguy in the series, to Marianne, he was her lover.
Sprite_Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 22:18   Link #605
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
1. Schneizel quote from Gino scene "Do you know the other meaning of authority": could he be referring to Geass? Did he end up getting one somehow?

2. Marianne's objective. I have great doubts that she'll be a support protagonist. "Do you think I was that ideal of a mother?", "So, what should I do? Should I save him?". The first quote obviously instills doubts about her motherly love for Lelouch. However it's the second one that makes me think more. Who is "him" referring to? Although we see Charles as the badguy in the series, to Marianne, he was her lover.
1. No, he couldn't possibly have one. He's only recently even been clued in.
2. She might have been messing with C.C., so I wouldn't judge her yet.
Old 2008-08-24, 22:18   Link #606
NettoSaito
Black Knight

Send a message via MSN to NettoSaito
I'm still a bit confused how Lelouch's mom is alive! Was she not really killed and then her memories were redone so she thought she was someone else? or what? Also it's pretty sad that Rolo is gone. Yet again they lose another friend. Also how Suzaku changed. It's kind of strange seeing him act like this but looks like he wants to end it all now. Not finishing it sooner caused so much damage so I guess he is just tired of it and doesn't want to lose anyone else.

Also as for Lelouch locking him self in with the king. Looks like he has finally won in a way. Sure he didn't make the world safe for Nanally (well she IS in Heaven now so.... she is in a safe happy world forever) but Lelouch wanted to make sure she was safe and happy on Earth.

Another thing though. Even though the Black Knights turned on Lelouch, he still has pretty much 3 of them still on his side. Kallen you can tell is still on his side, and Orange is willing to turn at anytime and follow any order he is given (+ there is C.C.). So really he hasn't lost EVERYTHING.

Oh and the scene where there is the huge explosion and he is walking toward the screen was amazing! It was like season 1's intro all over again!
NettoSaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 22:20   Link #607
Monkey D. Luffy

Atleast someone.....Gino is questioning what is going on with Schniezel. Everything seems to just have fallen in Schniezel's favor, intentional or not. Granted Gino's resolve and loyalty are towards Charles and he probably has no idea on what Charles is attempting but atleast he is showing some restraint to what Schniezel's attempting other than being drawn in by his words. There's still so many questions about this guy.

Now things have gotten that much more hectic with the revelation about Anya. whatever Marianne has done, is doing or is attempting to do will have the potential to affect Lelouch's assumption of everything, whether crushing it or giving him some sort of resolve.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 22:21   Link #608
NettoSaito
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
1. No, he couldn't possibly have one. He's only recently even been clued in.
2. She might have been messing with C.C., so I wouldn't judge her yet.
Yeah I don't think he would have geass. I mean who else could give it out? No other characters with the code have been shown so.... yeah..... (unless there was someone behind the scenes again which would also help there be a season 3)... But yeah I don't think he has one.
Old 2008-08-24, 22:24   Link #609
scifijimmy

Well, at least we got a view of Lelouch's new army.

Spoiler for The new army:
Old 2008-08-24, 22:27   Link #610
NettoSaito
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifijimmy View Post
Well, at least we got a view of Lelouch's new army.

Spoiler for The new army:
yes! with them he will pwn all! the former black knights will run in fear and britania will run in fear!

but really though....

in the next ep......

Spoiler for Ep 21:

and then

Spoiler for Ep 22:
Old 2008-08-24, 22:33   Link #611
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Lelouch looked so badass walking under all those kneeling KMF >_>
LastOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 22:33   Link #612
arkxkra
全力全開

good episode.

Spoiler for :

look forward to next episode.
Old 2008-08-24, 22:34   Link #613
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Geass runs in the family. Marianne has a geass that persevered her mind in another or what. I wonder how she raised those two in the past.
Suzaku started to talk like Lelouch for a bit but his act sucked. Being like Lelouch is obviously against his entire nature. Which is far worst. I don't comment me on that.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 22:40   Link #614
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Here what I think is going to happen in the future:

1. Lelouch will become emperor. (but we all knew that)
2. He will use his geass to make a totally obedient army.
3. Destroy all of the Geass ruins.
4. Destroy all those who will oppose him.
5. Make a just and peaceful world.

But I can only hope
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 22:47   Link #615
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

First of all, Nina's comment at the very start pissed me off. How could you NOT know that a huge fusion bomb would kill millions of people, bitch?!?!!? Her self pitying attitude did not help my impression that Nina should die a horrible, extremely painful, and prolonged death. At the very least, she could commit suicide. But knowing her, she'd be too cowardly to do so.

Also, I don't understand what's going on with Anya at all. Did Lelouch Geass her to think she was Marianne, or was she Marianne all along, memories altered by Charles? Ugh, it makes me head hurt.

And the ending of this episode was amazing. I think sealing yourself away in an inescapable place to defeat your greatest enemy and to repent for your sins is quite possibly the most badass thing ever.
Old 2008-08-24, 22:47   Link #616
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Great episode for the most part. Interesting twist in the beginning and C.C. got her memories back. Looks like a final confrontation between Lelouch and Charles is about to take place. However alot about the episode along with a lot of episodes recently feels rushed and not enough time I think is spent on certain scenes.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 22:50   Link #617
scifijimmy

Marianne aparently had a geass all along and somehow used it to stay an influence in the world through Anya, Spectacular Insanity.

Marianne broke the contract by dying.
Old 2008-08-24, 22:51   Link #618
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Also, I don't understand what's going on with Anya at all. Did Lelouch Geass her to think she was Marianne, or was she Marianne all along, memories altered by Charles? Ugh, it makes me head hurt.

Speculation for now until we get confirmation next week, but it seems that Marianne's geass have the ability to implant her personality/memory/identity into others, or at the very least, something to that effect.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 22:52   Link #619
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM View Post

Its a Geass that C.C. gave to Marianne. Apparently she did something that violated that contact, what? they didn't say
Anya is being possessed by Marianne. She didn't violate their contract, she just never fulfilled her end.
Old 2008-08-24, 22:54   Link #620
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
First of all, Nina's comment at the very start pissed me off. How could you NOT know that a huge fusion bomb would kill millions of people, bitch?!?!!? Her self pitying attitude did not help my impression that Nina should die a horrible, extremely painful, and prolonged death. At the very least, she could commit suicide. But knowing her, she'd be too cowardly to do so.

And the ending of this episode was amazing. I think sealing yourself away in an inescapable place to defeat your greatest enemy and to repent for your sins is quite possibly the most badass thing ever.
Yes, Nina needs to die asap.
Marianne was given a Geass by C.C., which gives her the ability to (something along the lines of) transfer her mind to someone else.
Yes, pretty awesome
Sprite_Coke is offline   Reply With Quote