AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-21, 21:42   Link #14521
Miraluka
Banned

Also, lets clear he was called 'the most evil magician'. Son of God was the opposite and his nature isn't that of a mere magician, he was on other level.
Old 2011-10-22, 13:45   Link #14522
Twi

Magicians as a rule are amoral for the most part..so how'd he become the most evil?
Old 2011-10-22, 14:05   Link #14523
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Magicians as a rule are amoral for the most part..so how'd he become the most evil?
Um, where did you get that? There's no principle that says they need to be amoral that's been mentioned in Toaru lore.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-10-22, 14:59   Link #14524
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Um, where did you get that? There's no principle that says they need to be amoral that's been mentioned in Toaru lore.
Well, from the general behavior.

Spoiler for Idealistic crushing lecture about the darkness:

Well, that was mostly my own personal opinion so it's not a rule per say..
I think I might have become jaded...or noticed too many similarities with Fate Stay Night's world.

I'm just asking, out of all the cold blooded and ruthless things that we've seen and heard, what could make him the most evil?

Edit: Chapter four of Lightning and Wind is out: http://twilitdreams.wordpress.com/fa...-chapter-four/

Last edited by Twi; 2011-10-22 at 19:20.
Old 2011-10-22, 18:44   Link #14525
Flere821
Lurker

The only thing I can think off was that Aleister experimented on his own family; in Vol7 He sacrificed his own wife to get into contact with Aiwass IIRC. Others, such as Bardway, probably draw the line at family.

Or Aleister's bad rep just got inflated after he abandoned the Magic Side after becoming the most renowned member of it and bowed down to Science as a representative of Magic; that probably is the greatest sin a Western magician can do (assuming there are more than just Christianity fanatic magicians belong to RCC, Anglican Church and ROC - eg Norse magicians).
Old 2011-10-22, 19:43   Link #14526
jahern
Kaze-no-kizu!

After making contact with Aiwass, he abandoned Christianity and started his own religion called Thelma (I think). Maybe that's why he's the wickedest magician. He was an enemy of the church groups for a long time before turning to science.
Old 2011-10-22, 19:49   Link #14527
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahern View Post
After making contact with Aiwass, he abandoned Christianity and started his own religion called Thelma (I think). Maybe that's why he's the wickedest magician. He was an enemy of the church groups for a long time before turning to science.
There hasn't been a mention of the religion of Thelma is the Toaru universe; what Aleister is known for is his magical theories and the Book of the Law. From what we know, Aleister didn't establish Thelma but was part of the Golden Dawn up until a point.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-10-22, 20:11   Link #14528
jahern
Kaze-no-kizu!

Well, maybe it will be mentioned in future novels. Anyway, I'm blaming Aiwass for being a bad influence.
Old 2011-10-23, 06:48   Link #14529
Miraluka
Banned

Index SP has been updated. Parts 4 and 5 got the scans translated as well.
Old 2011-10-23, 14:08   Link #14530
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Maybe he lost his purpose just like Gremlin and in the "path of beyond saving", Aiwass even said that he was miserable back then. I'm not sure what it meant by "back then" though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
There hasn't been a mention of the religion of Thelma is the Toaru universe; what Aleister is known for is his magical theories and the Book of the Law. From what we know, Aleister didn't establish Thelma but was part of the Golden Dawn up until a point.
Mh, you have a point, now I feel like an maniac preaching that religion in every Toaru discussion. Well, it was left unsaid at this point but I'm sure someone will use the term in the near future, likely the Majin guys ... something like : "60 years ago the wicked magician Edward Alexander Aleister Crowley <insert explication> and he named his theory [Thelema]"
Old 2011-10-23, 14:29   Link #14531
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

^I feel like Birdway would've mentioned that in the NT2 epilogue.

Old 2011-10-24, 00:21   Link #14532
Miraluka
Banned

Talking about Birdway, Stiyl's Chapter is complete.

Quote:
It was no longer a fight.
It was nothing more than a bullying of the weak that was painful to watch.
“And then there’s the whole issue of attack magic. I think it’s too close minded to think of each spell as having only one use. Why even use magic that was only made to be used in some childish fight? That kind of junk should just be left as an opening act. I don’t see anything worth praising about how you prepare all these wonderful pieces of magic for your enemies.”
Her words sent a chill down his spine.
She was the boss who held the Dawn-Colored Sunlight in her hands.
The next thing Stiyl knew, there were no enemies left.
It made Stiyl feel like the life-and-death battles he had been fighting had been nothing more than fist fights between children. On the other hand, what that girl had done had been to tear up the very ground the enemies stood upon.
She was ruthless.
She was unreasonable.
She was overwhelming.
After creating that scene of devastation, Birdway handed her staff to the man waiting beside her and cracked her neck.
She then suddenly looked to the side.
Stiyl had not noticed his approach, but one of Birdway’s subordinates was standing there silently. He held an unconscious magician over his shoulder as if the magician were a piece of luggage.
“I have retrieved the fragment of the Alaskan rune epitaph and Richard Brave, the man behind all this.”
“I see,” replied Birdway.
Stiyl frowned suspiciously.
“…Are you saying you saved him? That doesn’t sound like the Dawn-Colored Sunlight I’ve heard about.”
“Make no mistake.”
The girl grinned at the question.
Her expression seemed to be the incarnation of sadism itself.
“We must give the appropriate punishment to those who bare their fangs toward us. That has always been our way of doing things. So, I’m sorry to say we have no intention of handing this man over to you. He is ours to enjoy.”
A freezing chill ran down Stiyl’s back.
Birdway must have been satisfied with his expression because a slight smile of joy appeared on her face. She then sent a few more explosions across the unmoving battlefield…or rather, bombing site.
After sending explosions across the entire area, she muttered, “Let’s get going.”
She then turned her back on the defeated enemies who she held no more interest in.
No one spoke a word.
No one was even able to prepare any kind of objection.
Birdway had silenced everyone with her overwhelming display of destruction.
“This pointless work really wears me out. I could really go for a popsicle,” she said languidly.
Thats Birdway for you.
I almost feel sorry for Richard but he seems to be fine from the looks of Kanzaki's SS.
Old 2011-10-24, 06:30   Link #14533
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Thought I need to mention this here:

Quote:
Editors who wish to edit the novels are welcome to do so. Just send me your edited portions through my email at omg2000dmg@live.com (so that I can cross-check). Format shall be in British English, past tense. Illustrations shall remain unlocked for translated illustrations.
Old 2011-10-24, 11:33   Link #14534
Phibrizzo
Honos628

A little question or request if possible can we get links to pdf version of each novel or someone tell me a good free tool to do so.

Personally I love reading and not only on my pc but print so much is expensive and not to mention pointless waste of paper.
Old 2011-10-24, 11:34   Link #14535
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Over here:

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com...ions.pdf_files
Old 2011-10-24, 11:48   Link #14536
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Ohh the ping you are my saviour !! you sly magus killer (Still Iskander is better) :P

Thanks.
Old 2011-10-24, 19:35   Link #14537
jahern
Kaze-no-kizu!

I'm thinking Kanzaki's SS is set before the Stiyl SS, and also the main series, because she never mentions Touma in her story.
Old 2011-10-25, 10:38   Link #14538
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahern View Post
I'm thinking Kanzaki's SS is set before the Stiyl SS, and also the main series, because she never mentions Touma in her story.
The time line of this SS is set after Vol.4 and before vol.7.
Old 2011-10-25, 13:25   Link #14539
Breidaluk

Kanzaki SS happens before Styl SS. In chapter 1 of Kanazki SS she talk about her fight against Misha, what puts this SS after vol 4.
Old 2011-10-25, 15:10   Link #14540
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
Kanzaki SS happens before Styl SS. In chapter 1 of Kanazki SS she talk about her fight against Misha, what puts this SS after vol 4.
Yeah, in Stiyl's SS Touma is on his winter clothes, by the looks of the events it seems to be set after vol.13 but before vol.16.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen