AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-11-20, 02:15   Link #21
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hafta agree about Nagisa from Clannad ... I think she is a wonderful character who gets too much criticism.
Old 2011-11-20, 05:20   Link #22
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I also want to say Sayaka Miki, I find her overly impulsive and somewhat paranoid behaviour quite human. Earlier on and the midpoint of the show, she was the character driving the show even though she wasn't the main character.

I also like Kyohei Kirio whom a lot of people seem to have problem with for his generic design perhaps in a typical shonen manga and becoming a brooding emo at times. He has some baggage from his past and he doesn't whine that often. He's actually very protective of those he cares though his pacifist personality annoyed me a bit but he's not too bad for a lead character in mecha anime.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 08:02   Link #23
DawnEmperor

Kazuya Aoi from Freezing is a character who gets a fair amount of hate, but I think there hasn't been enough focus to really flesh him out. Okay, he hugged Satellizer in their first encounter and holds his sister in high regard. I don't know about his anime incarnation, but he becomes a lot more tolerable.

I find that we end up hating characters who don't want to fight because it contrasts with the tone of the series. Even though it'd be perfectly rational to assess a situation before starting a fight.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 08:18   Link #24
Fuyuno
Banned

Ranka Lee from Macross Frontier TV perhaps...
Fuyuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 08:25   Link #25
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Does anybody here like Sasuke Uchiha? I still do (so far).
Old 2011-11-20, 09:13   Link #26
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuno View Post
Seconded....Also seconding Nagisa Furukawa and Kirino as well.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 22:52   Link #27
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Hideyoshi (Baka to Test) Takanashi (Working) Luka Urushibara (Steins Gate) all of them make wonderful traps
Old 2011-11-20, 23:02   Link #28
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I'm quite interested in knowing the reason behind why people hate Nagisa. All I can think of is that it's some kind of shipping war, and Nagisa won the man...So all of the other character fan bases hate her for it. But really, Nagisa did little to achieve that feat...Tomoya just found her the most appealing. Afterall, there are few characters more docile than Nagisa. And I can't grasp the logic behind hating her for that.
Old 2011-11-21, 04:36   Link #29
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuno View Post
I really liked her character; she was in many was the most sympathetic character of the series. Sheryl on the other hand...
Telmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 06:07   Link #30
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I'm not surprised that nobody ever mentioned any School Days characters. Maybe they are worth the hate perhaps. While I'm not defending Makoto Itou(as I hated him as well) but I think people little bit overdid on hating him. While its pretty obvious that the director wants the viewers to hate him but at same time people hating him just want to cover the flaws of other characters in that show, especially Kotonoha.

Sorry if I went off-topic in this thread but I think Kotonoha is opposite of the coin.
Old 2011-11-21, 06:56   Link #31
mecharobot

Kamille Bidan. The guy comes off as unlikable as they come, but I find him sort of awesome in a way. You could say that he is a typical angsty teenager, but I think there is something different about him. Instead of blowing off his anst by whining, he throws around incredible random aggression and beats up people.
mecharobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 08:42   Link #32
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Oogami Souma (Kannazuki No Miko)
I am so f*cking sick of the yuri fans hating on him just because he's NOT A LESBIAN

Kanzaki H. Aria (Hidan No Aria)
She's my favorite Kugimiya tsundere right now and she's angelic compared to Louise.

Tsukino Usagi (Sailormoon)
She goes through major character development that her haters always seem to forget about.

Quote:
Nagisa from Clannad.
People hate NAGISA!?
Old 2011-11-21, 09:19   Link #33
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
People hate NAGISA!?
Probably just because their favored girl doesn't win. While she isn't quite my favorite heroine, she definitely goes through some significant development, so I don't really understand why people would hate on her.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 11:14   Link #34
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
I'm not surprised that nobody ever mentioned any School Days characters.
Oh yeah, I forgot them. I liked Setsuna (few stupid moves, but still a decent character) and Kotonoha (well, I'm more indifferent to her). I liked Kokoro too, but I don't think anyone hates her.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 11:21   Link #35
Ritsu Tainaka
Your're stupid! =p
*Graphic Designer

Does anyone even like Shinpachi from Gintama?
Ritsu Tainaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 14:00   Link #36
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

To be weird I will put down someone that is animated, though not anime:

Jar Jar Binks

Well I suppose you can say I can tolerate him without any hate. I do know of one fanboy for him that will defend him to the last. Most hate him with a passion. Some hate him with great passion. Probably more hate than he deserves given that his normal role was comic relief in a movie that really needs some humor to balance out the serious and the bland tone it takes at time. I can say his appearances in the Clone Wars series have been much more interesting than anything he did in the films.
Old 2011-11-21, 19:10   Link #37
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Another character that I forgot to mention in previous posts: Flay Allster from Gundam Seed. Most people saw her as female version of Makotou Itou except not as licentious and more manipulative but for me she's the most well-developed character in the show.
Old 2011-11-21, 21:31   Link #38
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Maria from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai.

She's a nun, what more can you ask for

At least, I think she's hated by people, no one seemed to like her on the Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai thread XD
Old 2011-11-22, 05:25   Link #39
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm far from her only fan, but there's no question that Sayaka Miki has quite a few detractors on this site and amongst Madoka Magica viewers in general.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I also want to say Sayaka Miki, I find her overly impulsive and somewhat paranoid behaviour quite human.
It has been said before, but I will also mention Sayaka Miki as one character that I really like and in my opinion does not get enough love/appreciation (in other words, is hated on) from many people. To the point that she's always the underdog in comparison with the other main characters from her show and is almost always the first to get hated on.

I just can't believe the all the hatred that people, some of whom are from this site, throw against her. Are lively and Lawful Good characters already that unpopular nowadays? I can understand the tragic feel that other people have for her, but hate? Why?
Old 2011-11-22, 06:13   Link #40
HasuMasu
*Artist

Flay from Gundam SEED.

And, I was not aware Nagisa had a hatebase.

Tags
characters, enjoyed, hated, personal