Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-06-12, 02:25   Link #5221
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
And a world cup being held in Qatar? Do they even have stadiums there ?
They do, but not nearly enough.

So they're now building them with the blood of slaves. I am not joking.

Blood Cup 2022.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 06:50   Link #5222
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
They do, but not nearly enough.

So they're now building them with the blood of slaves. I am not joking.

Blood Cup 2022.
Yes, it's insane. Already close to a 1000 construction workers have died. That is more than the total number of payers that will take part in WC2022...

Corruption at FIFA is nothing new, but this is taking it to a whole new level.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 06:59   Link #5223
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

And with temperature in summer of Qatar could reach 50 Degrees C or 122 degrees F as well....

My body already in state of collapsing at 40... Don't know how people can play sport and survive at that heat
Old 2014-06-12, 08:27   Link #5224
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
And a world cup being held in Qatar? Do they even have stadiums there ?
Yes they do have stadiums. I don't think money or the stadiums are the issue in Qatar. Have you seen the projects they are doing there? Just search it on google.

But the heat and also how the workers are treated there are the biggest problems for people complaining about a fifa world cup. I have to remind you Qatar is not syria and much rich people from the west and even companies are sponsoring a lot of projects in Qatar. Heck they even live there.

But, there is one thing I find very weird about all this. Old Soccer players like Canavaro, Raul and batistuta all played in Qatar at the end of the soccer career. And it's obvious they did it for money. There are even a lot of companies who are dong business with the Qataris. The ambassador of the Fifa world cup 2022 is Frank de Boer (old dutch international). Why didn't we complain before about them not treating the workers right before they announced the FIFA world cup for Qatar?

I think if you want to do justice in the world. Be fair from the start and don't start bitching about a thing and in the mean time our own companies in the west are sponsoring a lot of projects in Qatar. I don't like that kind of behavior at all.....

We need to separate soccer from politics.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2014-06-12 at 09:22.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 08:50   Link #5225
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

didn't you hear? one of their selling points during the bidding was artificial clouds over the stadiums...

they should really just revote, give it to the US, and be done with it.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 09:08   Link #5226
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
didn't you hear? one of their selling points during the bidding was artificial clouds over the stadiums...

they should really just revote, give it to the US, and be done with it.
If you ask me they shouldn't have given it to Qatar at all. There was a lot of corruption behind the bidding anyway.
The only thing I'm against. Firstly we from the west are getting money from there and are building our companies there. And now we start to complain about the workers not being treated right? I think that's kinda weird. Well, if it's about money people tend to do weird things

I just think be fair to everyone from the start and don't give it to Qatar at all but also don't do business with this countries. But, well FIFA is a big corrupted organization anyway. I think even if Blatter is out of the picture there would be another president who is going to behave just like him.

I heard Japan willing to take over the World Cup. I don't know if this rumors are true?

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2014-06-12 at 09:21.
Old 2014-06-12, 09:25   Link #5227
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I'm all for moving the 2022 World Cup to the US or to Australia, both are good soils for creating further interest for football as a competitive sport along the other popular ones.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 09:31   Link #5228
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Personally USA will be amazing, but I would like to see it for Australia in order to help their development.
Old 2014-06-12, 09:35   Link #5229
Sakuratsuki

So the rumors I heard were true. Japan is willing to take over the Fifa world cup 2022:

I hope they do get it. Fifa world cup 2002 was also a big success.
Old 2014-06-12, 09:44   Link #5230
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
If you ask me they shouldn't have given it to Qatar at all. There was a lot of corruption behind the bidding anyway.
The only thing I'm against. Firstly we from the west are getting money from there and are building our companies there. And now we start to complain about the workers not being treated right? I think that's kinda weird. Well, if it's about money people tend to do weird things

I just think be fair to everyone from the start and don't give it to Qatar at all but also don't do business with this countries. But, well FIFA is a big corrupted organization anyway. I think even if Blatter is out of the picture there would be another president who is going to behave just like him.

I heard Japan willing to take over the World Cup. I don't know if this rumors are true?
Well because business is belong to those evil corporations who will screw whatever can move for profit anyway... Another thousands or so workers die would be nothing new

Football meanwhile, let's just say... it's a bit like religion to their fans. If, let's say, the Vatican decided to use children tears for holy water. There of course will be lots of Christian up in arm, even if you take the politic side out of it.
Old 2014-06-12, 09:47   Link #5231
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Japan was one of the countries running to host 2022 WC, not a shocking news.

While they do have infrastructure to host WC, Japan is also hosting 2020 Olympics. Combination of both would take tremendous money,you have to question if it will be beneficial for Japan to host both.
Old 2014-06-12, 10:30   Link #5232
Sakuratsuki

I think that's not a big problem for Japan. Brazil is hosting the world cup and also the 2016 Olympic games. And if it's about money, Brazil has a lot more trouble compared to Japan (economically and socially) just look at all the demonstration and the trouble in the favelas. People are complaining about the government spending like $11 billion on the fifa world cup who equals 61% of the education budget. If such a country could do it hosting both the Olympics and the world cup this wouldn't be a problem for Japan at all.

And from the article I can conclude Japan is ready to do it and like you said they were running to host WC 2022. Although you're right on that part if it's beneficial or not to Japan but is there really any benefits for the hosting country?

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2014-06-12 at 11:10. Reason: Figures
Old 2014-06-12, 11:12   Link #5233
LoveYouSaber

And Fabregas has signed for Chelsea...

I just feel utterly depressed. I won't blame Fabregas as I guess as a professional there's really no other option, and I wouldn't ask him to rather rot on the Barcelona bench not playing or retiring from football. I am just sad that the whole dream of him returning to Arsenal one day may have died completely.

However, I am annoyed at Arsenal not signing him and I hope Wenger gives a good explanation in the future. I would also fly into a rage if this summer we don't get good signings.

Though overall, I am most pissed with Barcelona. Prying him 3 years ago and now dumping him like that?
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 11:16   Link #5234
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
And from the article I can conclude Japan is ready to do it and like you said they were running to host WC 2022. Although you're right on that part if it's beneficial or not to Japan but is there really any benefits for the hosting country?
No, unless you're a really major economy (think USA, England, Russia big), running an event like the WC or the Olympics it's just going to run your country to the ground, it has happened to Canada, Grecce, México, etc, I think of middle economy countrys, the only one to come unscathed from hosting such an event it's Australia.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 11:34   Link #5235
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouSaber View Post
And Fabregas has signed for Chelsea...

I just feel utterly depressed. I won't blame Fabregas as I guess as a professional there's really no other option, and I wouldn't ask him to rather rot on the Barcelona bench not playing or retiring from football. I am just sad that the whole dream of him returning to Arsenal one day may have died completely.

However, I am annoyed at Arsenal not signing him and I hope Wenger gives a good explanation in the future. I would also fly into a rage if this summer we don't get good signings.

Though overall, I am most pissed with Barcelona. Prying him 3 years ago and now dumping him like that?
Not that I wouldn't have liked to see Arsenal re-sign him but it's not like there's a dearth of attacking midfielders. I'll be really be angry if Wenger doesn't address the holes at backup GK, RB, DM and ST with quality players too, but he doesn't have to explain not going after Cesc.
Old 2014-06-12, 11:41   Link #5236
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Farbegas to Chelsea?
Farbegas to Chelsea!?!?

Bloody hell. I means, after seeing him throwing the tantrum on the need to return to his boyhood club. Now off he goes to whoever pay him the most again, a whole month even before the official transfer window is opened to boost. I means why don't you at least try to hold on to Barcelona and impress the new boss first, heh? Thought you were all on returning there?

I have no ill thought on Chelsea, hope they can keep doing their business with their talented squad. But i do hope Farbegas will flop really really really badly in Chelsea shirt. Like Torres or Schevchenko level of flopping
Old 2014-06-12, 11:44   Link #5237
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

cesc to chelski. /wrists

granted, i didn't want him back at arsenal, but man. seriously?

what explanation do we need to not sign him back? its not like our midfield is lacking... its just terribly unfortunate that we lost 3 starting midfielders at the same time to injury. i applaud wenger for not wasting 30 million on him. spend it on a striker, and preferably one with pace. (Balotelli!!!)

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 11:53   Link #5238
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
No, unless you're a really major economy (think USA, England, Russia big), running an event like the WC or the Olympics it's just going to run your country to the ground, it has happened to Canada, Grecce, México, etc, I think of middle economy countrys, the only one to come unscathed from hosting such an event it's Australia.
The costs depend on the existing infrastructure, particularity for the World Cup. Most nations with a number of large stadiums that meet FIFA standards could easily organize a world cup in a fairly short time span without massive investments.

Mid level economies like Australia, South Korea, Spain and Turkey should all be able to organize a World cup without much issue.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 12:05   Link #5239
LoveYouSaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
cesc to chelski. /wrists

granted, i didn't want him back at arsenal, but man. seriously?

what explanation do we need to not sign him back? its not like our midfield is lacking... its just terribly unfortunate that we lost 3 starting midfielders at the same time to injury. i applaud wenger for not wasting 30 million on him. spend it on a striker, and preferably one with pace. (Balotelli!!!)
We get injuries every season though. With some reflection now, I guess it really takes some effort for Wenger not to sign him back, as I think Wenger is the one that likes him the most. Though if in the end we ended up with minor signings at the end of summer, I would have regarded us passing up Fabregas as a terrible mistake.

I just feel this whole business is depressing. For Fabregas especially. I seriously doubt he wants to play for Chelsea or Mourinho, and I believe firmly he wanted to be back at Arsenal as he still loves Arsenal. By a cruel twist of fate, he switched from a club he loved for a boyhood club, then got mercilessly dumped by that boyhood club, and ended up being in a rival club. This is almost Gen Urobuchi stuff.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 12:23   Link #5240
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

With the news of Fabregas signing for Chelsea, I fear that Fabregas may get the Figo treatment (read: fans throw him everything from plastic bottles to pork heads) when he goes to Emirates Stadium...
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer