AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-14, 13:10   Link #81
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I thought it was going to either be the daughter or the maid if only because the other two suspects were a little too obvious (granted, every suspect was kind of very suspicious in their own right, so it's probably why they had it turn out that he basically killed himself).
I actually suspected him from moment Mary mentioned he wanted get to the root on his own. Whenever oot is mentioned it's almost certain part of whydunnit . Well I didn't have clue what he put into motion nor that he is still "alive" though.

Plus never forget put victim on list of suspects. Never.
Old 2019-07-14, 13:35   Link #82
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Altria is Altria no matter the hairstyle. Gray is one of the many Saberfaces in Fate universe.
Pretty sure it would still help. Did Waver even ever see Saber's face close up during Fate/Zero? I can't recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I actually suspected him from moment Mary mentioned he wanted get to the root on his own. Whenever oot is mentioned it's almost certain part of whydunnit . Well I didn't have clue what he put into motion nor that he is still "alive" though.

Plus never forget put victim on list of suspects. Never.
I suspected everybody including Waver.

Beat that.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-14, 13:39   Link #83
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Pretty sure it would still help. Did Waver even ever see Saber's face close up during Fate/Zero? I can't recall.
Even with the hood he can usually see her face so it must be the hair.
Quote:
What a twist that would've been .
Old 2019-07-14, 14:03   Link #84
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

To be honest, I was actually half hoping that there would be a twist where Waver's new foster family had a hand in it and he was unwittingly sent to make sure they never found out. XP
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-14, 16:10   Link #85
Tenzen12

Quote:

Beat that.
I hate you forever.
Old 2019-07-14, 16:19   Link #86
GDB

Quote:
Yes, at the King's Banquet.

Which also shows the hair style doesn't matter, as at that time (in the novels, at least if I recall) she was wearing her black suit and had the ponytail/rattail whatever it's called style. Anime I think had her wear her armor for that scene.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-14, 16:30   Link #87
Frontier

Quote:
To be honest, I was actually half hoping that there would be a twist where Waver's new foster family had a hand in it and he was unwittingly sent to make sure they never found out. XP
The El-Melloi's are probably as shady as most renowned magic families in this setting.

Would not be surprised if a case does come up where Reines is a suspect or Waver doesn't immediately rule her out as having had a hand in things.
Old 2019-07-14, 17:25   Link #88
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think it'd break one of the detective story rules, but it'd be entertaining for Waver to be the culprit in one of those...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-14, 17:32   Link #89
kagato3

Interesting that people are thinking Waver is the primary reason Grey hides her face. You would think that if it bothered him that much he wouldn't have taken her as an apprentice. Her magic doesn't seem to be related to modern mage craft but necromancey. It's clear it disturbs him but there is clearly more to her as intelligent mystic codes are I believe very rare
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-14, 18:27   Link #90
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Waver is the kind of person who would take her in but still ask her to hide her face.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-14, 20:38   Link #91
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Why should she change her hairstyle? Waver should just get over his survivor guilt. It's been 8 years since the incident, right?
Excalibur to the face.

Seriously next episodes cast light in this.

I hope with more Engrish.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-16, 12:42   Link #92
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

ED is so nice, as expected of Kajiura. Anyway, those lines about howdunnit and whydunnit.....Is El Melloi case files written by Madoi Ban? That was straight out of the Moriarty event in FGO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Excalibur to the face.

Gray's Engrish is actually pretty badass and poetic though

unlike the meme that is Unlimited Blade Works
Old 2019-07-16, 19:22   Link #93
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

?? Whydunnit and howdunnit are stuff present in mystery novels and not just exclusive to a writer or work. Sanda Makoto is the author of the Case Files series and he uses those too in the novels. And episode 2 screenplay is written by Miwa Kiyomune, long time cooperator of TM who does the occult research for its various works.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-16, 21:28   Link #94
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Excalibur to the face.

Honestly, I'll be surprised of they go indepth with Gray's background at all. It feels one of those things the show would tease and force you to buy some new book to learn about. Well assuming it's not already in the novels.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-16, 23:40   Link #95
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
?? Whydunnit and howdunnit are stuff present in mystery novels and not just exclusive to a writer or work.
It is? I mainly see whodunnit as the focus actually
Old 2019-07-17, 00:56   Link #96
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It is? I mainly see whodunnit as the focus actually
Whodunnit is a focus (gotta have that reveal scene), but whydunnit and howdunnit is pretty much just as important in most mysteries.

In fact, whydunnit is more of a focus than howdunnit in more modern mysteries, I'd say.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-17, 11:05   Link #97
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Honestly, I'll be surprised of they go indepth with Gray's background at all. It feels one of those things the show would tease and force you to buy some new book to learn about. Well assuming it's not already in the novels.
Spoiler for How it is in the novels:
Old 2019-07-20, 13:52   Link #98
Side-streetdog

Random Luvia in JOJO style looks great
and young Goldolf-kun look a lot better than Fate/apocrypha material
Old 2019-07-20, 16:03   Link #99
Frontier

Who the heck is eye-patch, pink hair, girl? Is she a Chuuni? Is she like an idol or something? I really want to know what her deal is .

Luvia! Wasn't expecting her to turn up, even though I probably shouldn't be surprised given she was established to be Waver's student before. She's still as haughty and stunning as ever, so it'll be interesting to see how much she gets to do here. It was nice seeing her .

"Any lady should know about wrestling" That's...an interesting perspective .

Should I know who the elder sister of glasses kid is? I feel like I should...

Be careful you don't turn into Gray's stalker Svin .

It seems like all the villain of the weeks on this show will have trying to reach The Root in common. Honestly, I was surprised myself the guy didn't try and call Waver's bluff and take them all out, but I guess he didn't see any worth to it with his position and title taken away from him...

So I guess we see what the equivalent of the police force is for the magic community at the end there as they cart the villain of the week away. I wonder if that short, chubby, guy is going to end up being Waver's Lestrade character ?

I think I missed the implication of the ending. Was Waver planning on getting involved in the Fifth Holy Grail War, the one that happened in Fate Stay/Night, possibly so he would get a chance to summon Iskandar again? And the position to be able to participate in it has closed ?
Old 2019-07-20, 16:33   Link #100
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Should I know who the elder sister of glasses kid is? I feel like I should...
If you watched Apocrypha, then yes, you should. Caules and his siter Fiore were among the main cast.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote