AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-07-12, 12:48   Link #3681
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I seriously want endevour to die, even he have the death flag when he gave the flowers to his wife(ex?), I want the heroe society to fall in chaos.
You wouldn't even have to kill Endeavor to do that. You could just as easily have Dabi shoot him with one of the quirk removing bullets they stole. That could serve as a karma filled way to punish Endeavor and to throw the society further into chaos
Old 2018-07-12, 19:26   Link #3682
Random14

Well, the Noumu is down at least, but then here comes Dabi, uh oh. Funny to see Endeavor make the same pose as All Might, then quibble that its the other arm so it doesn't count.

I hope this won't all be for nothing (though the League has gotten very good at trolling, as we saw during the last arc), since Deku is still a very long way from even graduating. A declaration of war maybe, but that last noumu already showed they're all in serious trouble.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 23:09   Link #3683
marvelB

Well, that certainly was a hard-fought and well-earned victory for Endeavor's first battle as #1. But now that Dabi is here.... hoo boy. Putting aside the threat from the anti-quirk bullets, I think something much more worrying is if the theory of Dabi being another of Endeavor's children turns out to be true. The domestic abuse towards his wife and Todoroki was bad enough, but if word spreads that one of his own children grew up to become a murderous psychopath of a villain..... well, let's just say that's tantamount to plopping a big fat #2 on his hard-earned #1 spot, shall we?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 00:15   Link #3684
Sixth
Hu Tao

I am glad that there is at least one mangaka took an inspiration from Kishimoto instead of another "GOKU!".
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 07:23   Link #3685
LevelSeven

lol, no wonder i start to dislike deku, he is ro much like naruto
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 09:02   Link #3686
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
lol, no wonder i start to dislike deku, he is ro much like naruto
I'm sorry, but I failed to see how this two are alike.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 09:19   Link #3687
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
I'm sorry, but I failed to see how this two are alike.
The base and core is similar, but Deku have far more depth in his characters, unlike Naruto who never questioned anythings, Deku is pondering a lot and questioning if he is the one worth it in the 1st place, which is why people don't find them similar due to their opposite behaviour, but their core values is actually quite similar
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 12:52   Link #3688
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
The base and core is similar, but Deku have far more depth in his characters, unlike Naruto who never questioned anythings, Deku is pondering a lot and questioning if he is the one worth it in the 1st place, which is why people don't find them similar due to their opposite behaviour, but their core values is actually quite similar
Naruto's resolve was far from unshakable as both Pain and Obito got him to waver to the point that he needed other people to help him.
Old 2018-07-14, 00:12   Link #3689
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Naruto's resolve was far from unshakable as both Pain and Obito got him to waver to the point that he needed other people to help him.
No, both Pain and Obito are end game, which we only saw at the end, and the fact that the issues of Naruto is pretty external only, the only internal problem of Naruto was the fox, and Iruka actually deal with that in chapter 1. The effect of Pain and Obito is only there long after Naruto have established goal.

Deku, however, in reverse, have nothing and receive power, which he himself questioned that whether he is deserve that power, and the responsibility coming along. People would argue that Naruto also bear the stigma of demon, but that happened entirely offscreen from before the manga events. Deku issues are more internal and that's why it's easier to accept him despite Deku is actually the very common Shounen hero. Deku's case is a dream, unlike a specific goal like Naruto. Like i said, the 2 actually similar in core values, just that it's different how it's get to that value, and Deku have more depth compare to Naruto since his value is directly challenged, Nighteyes don't originally want Deku to inherit OFA, and the original inheritor Mirio is actually a very excellent person. It actually in opposed to Naruto in the fact that Deku is not the choosen one and actually see that the other options is better than him. While in Naruto's case, no other option is avaiable from the start
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 18:47   Link #3690
RDNexus

Given how nicely the Anime has been going, I haven't felt the need to come to this thread...until now.

Despite being in Portuguese, I thought this article (that just showed up) could interest you.

According to it, it seems Horikoshi-sensei is already thinking about the story's final arc.
To me, that's a good thing, because it gives him an idea of what he may have to go through to get there.
Also, it seems he originally intended to have the story go up to around 30 volumes, but now he may need to go beyond that amount.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 06:23   Link #3691
Ultragunner

Miruko THICCCCCC!!
Old 2018-07-20, 07:40   Link #3692
AP24

So Hawks is a triple agent who's actually loyal to the heroes side
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 08:39   Link #3693
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
So Hawks is a triple agent who's actually loyal to the heroes side
I really have to salute the writer. Instead of leaving us guessing, he just shows us the answer straight away including Hawkman's flashback.

Good thing that Endeavor didn't get shot by the anti-quirk bullet like I was speculating from last week.

And is Dabi seems to regret that Snatch died? After all, he is a Stainfag and he most likely killed a true hero that Stain would have wanted to avoid killing them.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 11:03   Link #3694
grecefar

Damn what a letdown that endeavour survived, but it was a nice chapter showing hawk part in all this.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 11:05   Link #3695
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, we didn't find out if Dabi is related to Endeavor (he definitely has a beef with the Todoroki family, that much is clear), but we found out something much more interesting about Hawks instead. Pretty sure that little spy game is going to end badly. Dabi doesn't trust him at all.

Not sure how to interpret the ending. Is it meant to show us Dabi has a heart, or that he's a total psychopath who can't even remember the people he's killed? The tears would have just been from relief he finally remembered the guy Endeavor mentioned after thinking about it like crazy.
Old 2018-07-20, 11:11   Link #3696
Wandering Soul

No confirmation on Dabi being a Todoroki, but Hawk's is a interesting situation. He sort of is like Icarus: can't fly to close to the sun, but can't fly to close to the waves. He needs to earn Dabi's trust, but shouldn't cross too many lines while pretending to be on the side of the villain.
Old 2018-07-20, 11:40   Link #3697
marvelB

Darn, looks like we'll have to wait another day for confirmation of the connection between Endeavor and Dabi... oh, well. I was actually kind of glad they brought up that sand hero, though. Gone, but not forgotten....

Also, I guess Hawks is this series' Revolver Ocelot!?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 15:29   Link #3698
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I seriously want endevour to die, even he have the death flag when he gave the flowers to his wife(ex?), I want the heroe society to fall in chaos.
All Might didn't die and he had a bazillion death flags on his head. So why should Endevour die? If somebody dies it gonna be somebody no one really cares about. Like that four-eyes who's name I already forgot, so important and memorable was he.
Old 2018-07-20, 15:45   Link #3699
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
All Might didn't die and he had a bazillion death flags on his head. So why should Endevour die? If somebody dies it gonna be somebody no one really cares about. Like that four-eyes who's name I already forgot, so important and memorable was he.
All Might "die" after his fight against AFO, he's done and the people know that their symbol of peace is no more and in his place is endeavor, why I wanted endeavor to die?, I just wanted to see what would've become of the society if the next number one die quickly after all might is gone.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 18:09   Link #3700
Twi

Well, this infiltration plot is going to blow up in their faces. The league learned their lesson when Magne got killed about just trusting people they bring into the loop.

Also, Hori just teased us with that Dabi angle. I want answers already.

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot