AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-07-23, 00:01   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 686 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

I don't remember if there is supposed to be a chapter this week or not, but just in case, here you go.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 02:58   Link #2
ranchan13

Well, at least HE'S finally dead, I hope.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 03:01   Link #3
schedmaster

If there is one thing that I got from this chapter, love makes people do crazy acts.
schedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 03:12   Link #4
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Well, at least HE'S finally dead, I hope.
Not likely considering Naurto's raise the dead jutsu. Assuming he can get to Obito's body in time before it disintegrates completely. I doubt even Naruto can fix that.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 03:22   Link #5
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I'm actually kinda sad. But I suppose redemption comes at a cost. Good chapter, by the way.
Old 2014-07-23, 03:26   Link #6
Esclair

It's pretty lame how useless Kakashi is now though.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 04:08   Link #7
The Small One

I didn't really get this: So Kaguya switched to a dimension with extremely high gravity to immobilize her enemies? But why were Kakashi and Obito able to move, while Naruto and Sasuke couldn't?

And why were they affected at all? Naruto is able to fly now, so gravity shouldn't really matter at all.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 07:32   Link #8
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so... this chapter is about Rin want to bring Kakashi and Obito together with her in the death realm... but Obito wants to have a personal time with Rin so he saved Kakashi and give away his life

well, finally he got a deserved death... respect Obito
and Kakashi have to find another role in this war
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 08:14   Link #9
Tchadnis

damm you Obito , trying to go on a sexy date with rin in the death realm ? look like it true when they say you cant never forget your first love
Old 2014-07-23, 08:20   Link #10
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

LMAO @ fake spoilers from last week.

Anyway, Naruto totally pulled a fast one with the clones and balls.

So... Naruto isn't ending with the defeat of Kaguya? going by the title of the movie, it sounds like a movie to promo a new Naruto series or Ending it.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 09:33   Link #11
Seitsuki
Onee!

Oh my god Obito. If you can shift the damn thing, instead of sticking it inside yourself why not make it miss?
Old 2014-07-23, 10:25   Link #12
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So Obito dies this time for real?
Old 2014-07-23, 11:26   Link #13
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Oh my god Obito. If you can shift the damn thing, instead of sticking it inside yourself why not make it miss?
Two were shot, He could only transport one at a time.
Old 2014-07-23, 11:59   Link #14
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

So everyone including the three strongest characters(kaguya,Naruto and Sasuke) are all affected by the "gravity" dimension but somehow Kakashi and Obito can just dash forward like its nothing and I'm not buying the whole Rin story. Maybe Obito is an exception since he can just teleport with those OP eyes but.....Its like everytime Kishimoto writes himself into a corner he just summons a dead person or asspulls some dbz power. But this chapter had some hope with the announcements about the Naruto new era movie which could possibly mean Kaguya isn't the "main" villain and Naruto isn't ending soon both of these outcomes are good in my opinion. It looks like obito is finally dead after so many things that couldve killed any other character it doesn't seem real.

Naruto's clone truth-seeking balls trick was pretty cool had everyone fooled with it. Finally Naruto gets some credit for his intelligence.

Last edited by Hunter; 2014-07-23 at 13:16. Reason: do not double post
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 12:07   Link #15
Wandering Soul

We can only hope that this time Obito stays dead. But how were Kakashi and Obito able to move while Naruto and Sasuke weren't?
Old 2014-07-23, 12:28   Link #16
Tchadnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
We can only hope that this time Obito stays dead. But how were Kakashi and Obito able to move while Naruto and Sasuke weren't?
that the things everybody wondering about , but kishimoto did it for the lolz , just to give us something to speak about
Old 2014-07-23, 13:17   Link #17
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I didn't really get this: So Kaguya switched to a dimension with extremely high gravity to immobilize her enemies? But why were Kakashi and Obito able to move, while Naruto and Sasuke couldn't?
it makes no sense. i guess maybe they weren't moving as fast as the panel suggests and rin's ghost force was enough to pull them all the way there? who knows

Quote:
And why were they affected at all? Naruto is able to fly now, so gravity shouldn't really matter at all.
well if you boost earth's gravity enough birds and planes would fall from the sky as well. i dont think is really a problem. especially since kaguya can fly as well. the real problem here is kakashi and obito moving. it would have made a lot more sense if they just kamui'd in front of sasuke and naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
So Obito dies this time for real?
haha! tenth time's a charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Two were shot, He could only transport one at a time.
but shouldn't obito's MS be more powerful now that he has both? it would have made perfect upgrade sense if he could have done 2 kamuis at once
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 13:26   Link #18
Eragon
Still Alive

So, Kaguya is pretty much dumber than a rock. Nice job Kishi. So much for being more-or-less God.

Obito pls remain dead. For real this time. Don't come back. Rin will probably friendzone you in afterlife too but, you must endure through it.
Old 2014-07-23, 14:20   Link #19
shalala

But wasn't Obito part 10-tens so shouldn't he have an immortal body? Also now that Obito is going to die for sure could this mean is eyes will also die along with him? Because if not then hellllllooooo full MS Kakashi.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 17:24   Link #20
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
I think the gravity was high at first because it was such a shock to their system, but they kinda forced themselves to move via chakra maybe? because while they got pulled down, they still where able to move a bit to dodge and then she said she had to adjusted a bit. Now she might have meant she adjusted her hand position to fire higher so the gravity would bring the ash bones down or she adjusted the gravity to allow them to move a little more freely.

It looks like kakashi and obito where moving to help but slowly till they got a "pull" from something which turned out to be rin(awwwww) spirits don't believe in gravity lol

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion