AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-10-08, 17:42   Link #161
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
Okay, we're done and ready to release! We'll have the torrent up soon!
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 17:49   Link #162
Scorpio3.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsoo View Post
Okay, we're done and ready to release! We'll have the torrent up soon!
THANK YOU!!!
Scorpio3.14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 18:18   Link #163
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=37081

Old 2006-10-08, 18:24   Link #164
Yashiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsoo View Post
Thanks! <3
Yashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 20:25   Link #165
Jerseykid

That was enjoyable to watch. One of the better new shows out of all the new stuff that is out.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 20:27   Link #166
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
My god....the first episode.........!!!!

It kicked so much ass! It just reeks with Shinbo's awesomeness!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 20:38   Link #167
BakaRanger

The Baka Rangers ending to episode 1 was the best! I wish that was the real series.

Not a bad first episode. Definitely a different look and feel from the original series. Looks to be enjoyable. Looks like next episode we will already be starting the action.
BakaRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 21:02   Link #168
myopius

Just watched it. Not sure how I like it in comparison with the first season (which I wouldn't want again since it's no longer the boring summer). The animation is better, I think. The whole Evangeline thing is kinda goofy, however--that is, it seems even more like a random parody than the previous series.

I liked the beginning scene with the "15 years ago", and the whole interaction between and everything up to around when they got to the classroom scenes. Like last season, it seems like all the characters are pretty simple and not very deeply developed, and just giving each of them a quick one-liner that attempts to sum up the kind of person they are doesn't help that.

Some excellent moments in animation/art in this episode, IMO:

Spoiler for Screenshots:

What really seemed goofy to me, anyway, was the last shot in the episode (not including the Baka Rangers clip):
Spoiler:

So yeah, I'll be checking out next week's episode. Thanks for subbing this!
Old 2006-10-08, 21:21   Link #169
Scorpio3.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
Like last season, it seems like all the characters are pretty simple and not very deeply developed, and just giving each of them a quick one-liner that attempts to sum up the kind of person they are doesn't help that.
No offense, but you do realize this is only the first episode of a series with like 35 regular characters right? Exactly how much character development for each of them were you expecting after only the first episode? XD
Old 2006-10-08, 21:26   Link #170
myopius

None taken, I said it in a way that wasn't clear. To rephrase: "Just giving each of them a quick one-liner that attempts to sum up the kind of person they are only reinforces the concept that they have limited depth or complexity."

(Please don't think that I dislike the series, obviously I like it or I wouldn't have taken the time to post screenshots about the different scenes I thought were well-done.)
Old 2006-10-08, 21:40   Link #171
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

WOW.
That was fast. They almost cut an entire volume in just one episode.
Really. The plot is moving incredibly FAST (in comparition with the manga)
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 22:04   Link #172
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Myopius was talking about the 1st season too. You can't say anything about character development when it's just the 1st episode

But yeah, 1st season, I wish there was more character development. Only real one was with Sayo :<

As to now with the 1st episode, yeah, basically they stuffed volumes 1-3 in a blender But they're leaving it for something pretty big. Poor Negi, right after he moves to Japan, he's gotta fight a vampire~

I'm pretty sure after a few more eps, it'll start to get more original and seperate itself from the manga.
Old 2006-10-08, 22:12   Link #173
Scorpio3.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
None taken, I said it in a way that wasn't clear. To rephrase: "Just giving each of them a quick one-liner that attempts to sum up the kind of person they are only reinforces the concept that they have limited depth or complexity."

(Please don't think that I dislike the series, obviously I like it or I wouldn't have taken the time to post screenshots about the different scenes I thought were well-done.)
Ok, I understand now. Its just that when you said "seems like all the characters are pretty simple and not very deeply developed" I was just thinking to myself, "Well duh. Isnt that true of pretty much any series after only the first episode." XD

But ya, none of the characters really stand out as any more complex then in the first season yet but I'm sure as the series goes on many of the characters will be developed much more. However, just like the manga, with sooo many characters I'm sure not all of them will be completely developed unfortunatly (especially if this ends up being only a 26 episode series). But its really to quick to judge anything for sure so I am just going to sit back and enjoy the ride and see how it all develops :P
Old 2006-10-08, 22:36   Link #174
Takemaru
Helpfull Chibi

Send a message via MSN to Takemaru Send a message via Yahoo to Takemaru
This Is Awsome Man! Thank You So Much. Omg Omg I Love You Guys <33
Takemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 23:02   Link #175
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Just watched the first episode. Some of the animation is going to take some getting use to, with how some of the girls were drawn, and the colors(like the class president's blonde hair I'm not liking this time around). If we had a poll to vote, I'd probably give this episode an 8, but it would feel more like a 7.5. Trying to introduce the entire classroom in one episode was a major negative to me. Cram too much in, and viewers will get lost. That's what I felt was down here.

I'm keeping an open mind as it's only the first episode, but so far the execution and pacing leaves alot to be desired unfortunetly.
Old 2006-10-09, 00:52   Link #176
Itlandm
Porcupine

The spell effects were great. I wish I could have effects like that in City of Heroes... Overall, the art was awesome. If anything it went a bit overboard in the direction of show-off. But impressive, yes, indeed.

But... the first episode clearly expected the viewer to be intimately familiar with the manga. The presentation of too many characters with 1 second introduction at best? The disjointed storytelling, clearly skipping ahead? It seems misplaced in a show in "family" broadcast hour. This will likely appeal more to the otaku than to the casual viewer, who would be left confused. Especially a viewer of television, if he did not make sure to record it, as it will need playing through several times to get the details.

I am sure it will be well received by the regulars here, though!
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 00:55   Link #177
molitar

I really don't know what I think of this second version. I really didn't like the artwork style at all. It didn't feel nice, clean and crisp to me but more like an animated water painting. I myself think the style of artwork is aweful myself. I like the clean crisp newer style anime than this waterpaint effect.

The first story felt more realistic this one just doesn't have the same feel. I enjoyed the wackiness in Pani Poni Dash since that is how the story was designed. But the wackiness didn't feel right in this story and to remove all the ecchiness from the show and just adding some eyecandy that in itself is boring. It doesn't feel like Negima from the manga at all.

So I don't score it very high at all.. poor animation style.. I hate it and it makes my eyes want to water watching it.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 01:33   Link #178
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Well, they intended this series to be more family friendly

They basically introduced the whole class as a mini-introduction for the viewers. Y'know, just to get all their names and to give them all some screen time.

Basically it's like what they did at the end of the last series with that cheap mass pactio move lol

I don't see what's so horrid with the style. Honestly, I think if you have complaints about how ugly the style is, I'd like to see you do better. But that's just me. I was disappointed with the style change for Digimon Savers but I still liked it either way.

Animation, style, it doesn't really matter so much as it does the plot. And you can't say much about the plot since it's only the 1st episode.

And of course it doesn't feel like Negima, it isn't supposed to be Negima at all ;p

It's like how it is with Mai-Hime and Mai-Otome!

Oh and also before somebody starts to complain about the sub...

Yes, we already know the video quality crashes and gets all blocky. We had trouble encoding and we tried our best to fix it, yet nothing worked ;~; Plus we wanted to release ASAP because of the demand :/

We're also sorry we didn't translate some of the chalkboard. Most of it was gibberish anyways and weird stuff without any reference. Our translator was very frustrated cos it was also hard to read("THEY'RE FRIGGIN' CHICKEN SCRATCHES!"). We'll have translation notes up on our forum some time soon.

We're a new group consisted of only 4 people; one translator(, one guy who does the timing, encoding, and typesetting, another person as typesetter, and I as quality check. All of us are noobs besides BillyG so feel free to point and laugh D;

Hopefully next time we could fix the quality. Hope you guys aren't too disappointed with us like some people D;
Old 2006-10-09, 01:38   Link #179
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Negima!!!!!??????!??!?!??! Is It. Uhhhhhuhh.

The punctuation reminds me of when CNN would not drop the question mark on their "Brink of War?" segment that followed the Israeli invasion and quicky withdrawal from Lebanon, and Jon Stewart kept making fun of them for it.

Seriously though whats up with the unneccessary punctuation?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 01:40   Link #180
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Because it's a different series from Negima! so hence Negima!? ...I think D: