AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-30, 08:24   Link #41
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Finally found a good copy of this game, and my first encounter with the enemy at the wine cellar... I didn't really know what the deal was about, until I read the hints about what to do with the enemy....

I haven't JUMPED out of my chair at the next sound like that since that ventilation shaft in FEAR that sent me screaming in mid afternoon Damn Alma isn't close to being THIS scary...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 08:55   Link #42
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Finally found a good copy of this game, and my first encounter with the enemy at the wine cellar... I didn't really know what the deal was about, until I read the hints about what to do with the enemy....

I haven't JUMPED out of my chair at the next sound like that since that ventilation shaft in FEAR that sent me screaming in mid afternoon Damn Alma isn't close to being THIS scary...
You just wait 'til you get to Storage, and then the Dungeon
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 17:20   Link #43
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Finally finished it.... Defiantly had a good starting feel to it, and it sorta carried out, but the shadow's appearance doesn't happen as much as you get further and further into the game.. (Near the ending)
Old 2010-12-01, 02:31   Link #44
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Finally finished it.... Defiantly had a good starting feel to it, and it sorta carried out, but the shadow's appearance doesn't happen as much as you get further and further into the game.. (Near the ending)
What do you think of the game now that you finished it? Do you agree with me that this is the scariest game ever made?
How did you like the plot line?
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 09:48   Link #45
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Actually, the "Shadow" does get more appearances into the game... it's the monsters that start decreasing in frequency, especially after the Sewers... oh those freaking sewers X_X

Spoiler for Also:

I'd have to say though... I haven't been THIS scared to have played through an entire game since... no wait, there's just no comparison

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-12-01, 11:08   Link #46
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
What do you think of the game now that you finished it? Do you agree with me that this is the scariest game ever made?
How did you like the plot line?
I have to give my compliments to the small company that made this intensive game. It had so much things going on, especially with a monster that can 2 shot you running around with nothing to defend yourself. It was like Fatal Frame where you only had a camera to defend yourself, but you're completely defenseless.. Thats what makes this very different then the majority of games I play.

The sensation I got while playing this game was exhilarating, I actually felt my heart pound from time to time while I was hiding in a corner while waiting for the monster to go away.... Especially when there are 2 of them!!!! That part just sent me running like mad!

The storyline is sorta... Awkward in moments, I dint understand Alexander at all... Or how he was able to pull this stuff he was doing during the game.
Old 2010-12-01, 11:55   Link #47
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I dint understand Alexander at all... Or how he was able to pull this stuff he was doing during the game.
Spoiler for Alexander:

The story may not have been much to write about, but the presentation is excellent imho, and the mystery keeps me wanting to play despite being scared out of my wits

Old 2010-12-01, 12:06   Link #48
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for Alexander:

The story may not have been much to write about, but the presentation is excellent imho, and the mystery keeps me wanting to play despite being scared out of my wits
Spoiler for My first thought:

I have to agree with you here this game's storyline is not that much to think about, but the tension to solve the mystery despite the fact that there is something going out of their way to kill you is good.

Spoiler for Ending opinion:
Old 2010-12-01, 23:36   Link #49
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Spoiler for My first thought:
Spoiler for End:

Old 2010-12-02, 01:16   Link #50
yangxu

I was expecting some real horrors when I played through this game, but much to my surprise, I wasn't scared at all... at times the environment and noise might generate tension, but none of them was scary enough to make me sweat or jump out of my seat. It might be because I'm starting to become insensitive to horror games after playing the Fatal Frame series multiple times, but don't let that sway you from getting this game, it's still an awesome and thrilling experience.
yangxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 04:11   Link #51
JRendell
Manga Addict

The other night, when questing downstairs for some midnight snacks, I decided to venture all the way without lights. I suddenly had a thought that what if it were just like Amnesia, and there were a few monsters roaming around in my kitchen etc etc. I had to quickly banish the thought as it was just too goddamn scary. What an effect this game has.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 11:43   Link #52
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I heard that they announced a special edition which comes with portable toilet cuz' this game is so scary it will hunt you days to come.

From what I've checked around the net, only the best things about this game came to my direction so I'm thinking in getting it but I better prepare to scream like a girl. =)
Old 2010-12-02, 14:55   Link #53
Kirku

Wow, i just tried the demo for this game and its awsome! This game is giving me the same feeling that Silent Hill 1-3 did back when i first played them, nice to finally find a scary and nerve wracking game again, think I'll be buying this, ahhh i love scary games.

Also playing this with headphones in a dark room when your home alone has such a great effect.
Kirku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 16:54   Link #54
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Always remember horror gamers, the best experience is with all the lights turned off and the only light coming from your computer then you will find yourself in true fear when you start to hear noise, and you might think its not just from your computer......
Old 2010-12-05, 03:51   Link #55
Woopzilla
Desensitized

I saw this game (and the following video) mentioned in a chatroom and just had to get it after seeing the trailer too:

(Warning NSFW/Swearing)

I've only just reached that part and am hating my life in the darkness there. Maybe I should up the brightness to help my nerves.
Old 2010-12-05, 13:50   Link #56
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
I saw this game (and the following video) mentioned in a chatroom and just had to get it after seeing the trailer too:

(Warning NSFW/Swearing)

I've only just reached that part and am hating my life in the darkness there. Maybe I should up the brightness to help my nerves.
Brought a good laugh when their screaming I just wished they did more videos.
Old 2010-12-08, 18:46   Link #57
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Alright completed it too! A really awesome experience. There were places that freaked me out even without a monster present. I found some of the later levels and what you find in them to be very disturbing.

I've had several awful chases leaving me scared to proceed. It gives you a right jolt of shock when you run for 20 seconds, peek over your shoulder, and then see that it's still right behind you... and gaining on you.

Spoiler for Post Game Completion:

I'm planning on playing through again with the 'commentary' on... this game is brilliant.
Old 2011-08-06, 23:46   Link #58
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Amnesia so intense, I just passed the first half of the water part. For those having hard time passing the time race here is some tips:

First part of race: Pick up a book from the around the time lever, throw the book after the lever and run as fast as you could.

This I thought was pretty clever as I came up with it in the short frame of time->Second part of race: Throwing dead meat into the water will lead the monster eating it. While he is, pick up a box on your left hand wall and run towards the gate lever. Place the box beneath the lever and open the gate while standing on the box you placed beneath the lever.

Third part of the race: After you pull up the lever, open the door and immediately close the door. Then try to figure out what to do with the remaining frame of time as the monster attacks the door.
Old 2011-08-08, 07:20   Link #59
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Amnesia: Real Life Version.

Old 2011-08-09, 03:34   Link #60
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

That was genious! Very well done video. I fell off my chair from laughing :P

@Izayoi Omg are you trully 9 years old? Let me tell you, you should not be playing this game. At your age this game might really impact you in a negative way. How did you get your hands on the game anyway?

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2011-08-09 at 04:09.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game, horror