AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-06, 14:00   Link #1121
eiyuu99

Spoiler:

Last edited by eiyuu99; 2009-01-06 at 14:13.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 07:16   Link #1122
FuzzyWuzzy

I didn't like the ending. Period.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 10:23   Link #1123
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

wow I just heard they are releasing an OAV for this masterpiece! AWWWsome!
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 22:57   Link #1124
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanas View Post
Ehh, as far as all the comments here going in the direction of "well they aren't related" lets keep in mind that as far as both of them know they are. They both believe they are related.

So it is pretty icky if you have been ingrained to have a problem with incest, as most of us obviously have.
You know, thats really a strong argument! But you know, I always had a feeling that minato kinda knew that there were never related.

Its really hard to justify what the guy is thinking though, and it seems like hes totally going for her only because of hawtness level(who can blame him? :P)
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 23:20   Link #1125
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
You know, thats really a strong argument! But you know, I always had a feeling that minato kinda knew that there were never related.

Its really hard to justify what the guy is thinking though, and it seems like hes totally going for her only because of hawtness level(who can blame him? :P)
Most guys do this at some time or another. We're ingrained that way.

The thing with incest, is most societies in this world will be extremely negative about such relationships, but not all societies or cultures do. Just because something is viewed wrong in America for example, does not mean it'll be viewed the same way in Japan. I think a lot of people bring their own society views into the discussion, and assume that everyone else's countries are the same way, when that's not necessarily true.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 00:28   Link #1126
FateAnomaly

I am pretty sure Japan don't approve of incest either. Apart from ancient Egyptians i can't think of any cultures that do.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 23:22   Link #1127
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I am pretty sure Japan don't approve of incest either. Apart from ancient Egyptians i can't think of any cultures that do.
I was pretty sure that old Europe approved of inbreeding too. You know, to keep the royal blood line in the family and such?
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 00:13   Link #1128
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... well, finished this series off, and I can honestly say this is right up there with Rosario to Vampire in terms of horrible endings

But i agree with what everyone else said: if more Minato development had been done, then no problem. But they did her all in the beginning, and then turned to Yuuhi after that... the only thing might save this for me is the fact that Yuuhi came back to live with them and returned to being a tsundere (as hot as Minato is, I'll take the harem ending over her ending). Hopefully, the OAV is true, and we get a Yuuhi type ending there

If the game is good, then I'm really starting to hate anime that's been adapted from the original source because the most recent of it, in an attempt to do an original story, has been horrible...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 09:46   Link #1129
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
I was pretty sure that old Europe approved of inbreeding too. You know, to keep the royal blood line in the family and such?
Between cousins, yes. Not siblings. (Note, keep it up for a few generations, and it quickly become worse than a single instance of brother-sister incest. Which makes me think: wouldn't it be a fun twist to learn that Jun and Minato's parents are also siblings? )
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 09:51   Link #1130
klowny
OH NO

i also think the ending wasn't good but i would have hated it more if he chose the other one. Also she's hot (lol)
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 02:44   Link #1131
Tabris

So, I just started watching this.

Even though I know the ending is horrible, I'm enjoying the show.

Seriously though, about the ending. What the hell? I don't even care about the incest, it's just the wrong choice haha
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 04:43   Link #1132
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
I think incest is wrong, but it is also seemingly wrong to inject my personal views into a fictional series.

I dont think it was fair to leave Minato so underdeveloped, but as far as her general personality goes.........I recall most people loving her in the beginning and not minding the incest part at all.

So I like her the most in the end anyway.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 09:50   Link #1133
Tabris

But Yuuhi seems like so much more of a better character.

You know, like the one who was destined to win.

Now I know how Kaede fans felt in Shuffle haha

I kid, I'm not too fussed.
Old 2009-01-22, 11:51   Link #1134
royrbff
Foxhound

Send a message via MSN to royrbff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
But Yuuhi seems like so much more of a better character.

You know, like the one who was destined to win.

Now I know how Kaede fans felt in Shuffle haha

I kid, I'm not too fussed.
The worse is that the anime is center in the development of Yuuhi and her relationship with Junichi. I dont know why the director go for the Minato ending, it have no sense at all.
royrbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 14:27   Link #1135
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Popularity perhaps?

If that were the case, then they messed upp the series and not just the ending in terms of their developement.

Or maybe they were anticipating everyone loving the Tsundere loli (atleast in the beginning)

But again, I am a sucker for the derderes, i havent seen shuffle, but if I had, from a general character view I probably wouldve liked Kaede the most too.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 14:53   Link #1136
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I enjoyed the series...but the ending was pretty mesed up.
First:Minato has near to zero development and we only have slight indications to that but they chose the "incest ending"(most likely not true incest...too many hints that they're not related).
Second:Makes no sense that he decided now when he has someone other(Yuuhi) who fallen in love with him. Why not earlier?
Third: Then Yuuhi came back and prevents Younchi to do any perverted to Minato...I know the reason...she can't give up so easily but it's just a tool for the author to make a "Harem-ending".
Fourth(personal):I realy started to like Yuuhi(mainly at the last episodes...more mature than she looks), and i always felt that Minato has nearly zero personality(i won't be surprised if she were a hausekeeping robot. Always smiling, always perfect, always nice...a bit of overflow...She has no flaws that can make her likeable or a bit more real)

I hope the OVA has an alternative ending, because if they start to develop a character then it's needed to take care of it! In contrast they're droped her at the last episode...The editor had some problems surely that time.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 21:46   Link #1137
bleachnut

This will go on my list of animes NOT to suggest to friends. That is incest, PERIOD. I don't care if they're not blood, even if she's adopted that is incest. The support that Minato has had has been absurdly ridiculous, and it really makes me wonder about the decency of mankind in general that anyone would root on a brother sister pairing. The end sucked, if they would have ended it with Yuuhi, it would have been a complete winner.

It doesn't matter how great your brother or sister is, you are CONDITIONED not to view a sibling in that way, EVEN if you've been separated. I wouldn't have even watched the series if I'd known up front he ended up with his sister. The closest 'related' relationship I can handle is 2nd cousins getting together. Anything closer than that, even by adoption is SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK in my mind.

IchiRuki fanfic, including an arranged marriage! AU!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4219201/1/
bleachnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 22:05   Link #1138
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleachnut View Post
The support that Minato has had has been absurdly ridiculous, and it really makes me wonder about the decency of mankind in general that anyone would root on a brother sister pairing.
Honestly, it's fiction. It isn't real. Cheering for a fictional relationship has absolutely no bearing on real life, and has absolutely no connection to "the decency of mankind". Sometimes people cheer for a character or situation simply because it's different, interesting, or fun. It's like cheering for a villain in a movie. There isn't necessarily any deep motivation or hidden meaning that threatens to rupture the very fabric of our global moral foundation.

You're entitled to your moral outrage, but there's no sense in trying to apply your arbitrary standards for acceptability in fiction to everyone else in this thread. Doing so is only going to make you look like the extreme one, and borders on trolling.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 19:32   Link #1139
Tabris

Every episode I see, it gets more WHY OH WHY DID THE IMOUTO WIN?

Ah well.
Old 2009-01-26, 20:00   Link #1140
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
Every episode I see, it gets more WHY OH WHY DID THE IMOUTO WIN?
because minato is by far the most aesthetically pleasing one. i think i said it a few pages back, but you don't win against white thighhighs on a cute girl..
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, eroge, harem, romance, seinen