AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2023-03-28, 06:36   Link #41
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
As a non-player who knows nothing about the lore of the game, I would assume the girls simply reincarnated as normal humans in a happier time (aka modern Japan). At the very least that's my uneducated interpretation for the montage at the end.
Yes, likely reincarnated in Heisei/Reiwa era.

This part and the allied fleet felt tacked on. As if the production committee told the show writers to tone down with the depressive tone, and reminded them that there is a overseas audience that is not going to like the implications of the show taking place DURING the Pacific war.

4/10.

I am going to call bullshit on "needing more time to make the episodes in better quality so we need more time between them". Also, 8 episodes is way too short, for content. The allies coming in the very last minutes left way too little to know how they go together, leaving only the players to understand the chemistry between girls like SoDak and Washington. 4 more episodes, and more allies content would have improved the series IF the dialogues didn't feel like they are trying to pay the seiyuus as little as possible while making the dialogues just barebones. Where is the money? Certainly not on seiyuus. Thanks god for Saki Fujita for carrying it. But damn, it was not really worth waiting for soooo long between its announcement and the airing.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-28, 19:39   Link #42
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Yes, likely reincarnated in Heisei/Reiwa era.

This part and the allied fleet felt tacked on. As if the production committee told the show writers to tone down with the depressive tone, and reminded them that there is a overseas audience that is not going to like the implications of the show taking place DURING the Pacific war.

4/10.

I am going to call bullshit on "needing more time to make the episodes in better quality so we need more time between them". Also, 8 episodes is way too short, for content. The allies coming in the very last minutes left way too little to know how they go together, leaving only the players to understand the chemistry between girls like SoDak and Washington. 4 more episodes, and more allies content would have improved the series IF the dialogues didn't feel like they are trying to pay the seiyuus as little as possible while making the dialogues just barebones. Where is the money? Certainly not on seiyuus. Thanks god for Saki Fujita for carrying it. But damn, it was not really worth waiting for soooo long between its announcement and the airing.
Would hazard a guess that the age of the IP and it being nowhere near the peak of its popularity cut into this.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-29, 08:31   Link #43
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Overall, Itsuka Ano Umi de was a superior experience compared to its predecessor and shows what a Kantai Collection anime could've been, but the series distinctly felt like an afterthought that wasn't particularly cared about. Unfortunately, despite Itsuka Ano Umi de improving on what the original series had done, it's definitely not enough to convince me the game is worth playing.
Old 2023-03-29, 13:45   Link #44
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
Overall, Itsuka Ano Umi de was a superior experience compared to its predecessor and shows what a Kantai Collection anime could've been, but the series distinctly felt like an afterthought that wasn't particularly cared about. Unfortunately, despite Itsuka Ano Umi de improving on what the original series had done, it's definitely not enough to convince me the game is worth playing.
Frankly, the worst they could do compared to the first part is suggest it's set during WWII, when the first season, the movie, and heck even this one (Shigure) showed them as ships in their sinking memories.
It looks like they had the idea, executed it and then realized how little sense it makes on a greater scale. Setting it in either the present or future would also make more sense for their IRL collabs.

They could have also acknowledged them before by letting some kind of warship drive by in the background.

I generally liked the more serious tone too, but 8 episodes were far too little for that too.

Whether the game is worth playing is an entirely different thing too by now, as it starts feeling like if you can't beat it on hard mode from day 1 to end, you gradually start loosing the ability to do hard runs effectively in the future. Striking force only being possible from fleet 3 is annoying as hell too...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-29, 14:12   Link #45
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Is there a reason people actually like the randomness and difficulty in the browser game? It sounds like players spend more time playing the game than they do in other areas of their lives owing to how the game handles.
Old 2023-03-29, 14:24   Link #46
AC-Phoenix
Detective

No one enjoys the randomness. At the end of the day, it's a management game, and people like the interactions between the girls.
Which is another point I totally forgot about that makes 1944 so bad... They also remember each other, and are partially even wary of each other's presence.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote