AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-08-11, 18:52   Link #81
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
With Bell leveling up at breakneck speed, how will the story ever work if the others never even reach level 3? And I'd say Welf and Mikoto are already pretty close, given how well they're doing.
I assume that's why they spend so much time developing the Loki Familia, both here and in Sword Oratoria.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-12, 20:44   Link #82
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow the others are really holding there own against all those monsters

Well Bell was staring why to hard at that mermaid
Old 2022-08-12, 23:20   Link #83
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

While his party was fighting for their lives, Bell was flirting with a young mermaid. Ladies and gentlemen, our hero!
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-12, 23:31   Link #84
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
While his party was fighting for their lives, Bell was flirting with a young mermaid. Ladies and gentlemen, our hero!
Classic Bell .
Old 2022-08-14, 18:59   Link #85
HandofFate

with the gap between seasons, it is kind of crazy realizing that Bell went from lv1 to lv4 in like 4 months
Old 2022-08-15, 09:03   Link #86
Twi

Quote:
With Bell leveling up at breakneck speed, how will the story ever work if the others never even reach level 3? And I'd say Welf and Mikoto are already pretty close, given how well they're doing.
You have to remember, it can take years to earn enough Excelia to get at least to D-Rank from I-Rank, and both Welf and Mikoto are still considered fresh Level 2s because they only obtained their Level Up shortly before the War Game a few months ago.

Bell is the sole exception to the rule. Based on his growth when they first got their updates prior to the mess with Ishtar, Bell killed roughly the same number of monsters but got around 2 to 3x the Excelia. That doesn't sound bad until you remember that Bell was higher level than all of them, which means he should have been hit with diminishing returns and gotten less.
Old 2022-08-15, 17:31   Link #87
GDB

If I recall, Ais held the previous record for a level up at like 10 months or something. Just as a reference.
Old 2022-08-15, 20:46   Link #88
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

One year was her record. Ais was the fastest to become a level 2 in just a year. And Bell shattered that by becoming a level 2 in one and a half month.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-16, 18:19   Link #89
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
It makes sense healers and supporters don't grow as fast the fighting characters. The problem is that this show isn't like a video game enough. In most RPGs non dps characters just have to contend with Party XP. Old pokemon games had you equip the weaker pokemon with xp share. games like genshin provides xp books. doubt there's an equivalent in world.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-17, 07:28   Link #90
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ordinary level 2s don't usually venture on the lower levels, do they? That's why I think they can grow faster than normal. They aren't mass killing just any monsters there.

That said, I admit I forgot it took this long for Ais to get to level 2. Bell's growth is really absurd, the author should have dialed it down a bit. Give him one more year and he'll be the first to reach level 8.
Old 2022-08-17, 08:54   Link #91
Estzero1

Quote:

Bell's growth is really absurd, the author should have dialed it down a bit. Give him one more year and he'll be the first to reach level 8.
I have to disagree. Having Bell grow fast has some little problems ( we get there), but in the most parts it's beneficial. If you want to involve him with the bigger players he needs a higher level, otherwise it would be stupid and illogical trying to compete against them. That one more year, we won't get probably, at least if Omori sticks to what he has said in the past.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-17, 18:02   Link #92
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Was it ever said what had his goddess shooked when she looked at his stats? Is double.xp part of his skillset?

Pretty early on it was implied.he was very special. So i won't be mad with any fast increase in rank. My issue as with many characters of their type is they still remain a bit wimpy despite nearing good tier. This season he's definitely showcasing more confidence. I hope he doesn't waver

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-17, 18:32   Link #93
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
I have to disagree. Having Bell grow fast has some little problems ( we get there), but in the most parts it's beneficial. If you want to involve him with the bigger players he needs a higher level, otherwise it would be stupid and illogical trying to compete against them. That one more year, we won't get probably, at least if Omori sticks to what he has said in the past.
I don't see what it would change if the story had some timeskip here and there. Protagonists don't need to remain the same age throughout the entire story, and that's something few authors get.
Old 2022-08-17, 18:41   Link #94
GDB

The only reason Ais even started looking his way in the first place is because he gained stats/leveled up so fast. Letting him keep his "newbie naivety" is also a consistent plot point in Sword Oratoria.
Old 2022-08-17, 20:13   Link #95
Twi

Quote:
I don't see what it would change if the story had some timeskip here and there. Protagonists don't need to remain the same age throughout the entire story, and that's something few authors get.
I think the author wanted Bell to remain the same age, which was the justification for keeping everything within a year. I personally think they went a bit too far considering it straight up leaves no time for anyone else to really grow by the rules of his own world, and honestly the side content tends to be more interesting these days.
Old 2022-08-18, 09:30   Link #96
Frontier

Giant Enemy Crabs swarming the party is a perfect opportunity for Haruhime to show how far her magic has come and display with such majesty and beauty her new Level Boost skill, with light fox tails and the ability to imbue even more people with Level Boost! And she looked so cool while doing it !

If you missed your daily dose of Hestia, here she is in flashbacks .

I hate that smug smirk on the Moss Huge's face. But it gets even worse when it evolves into its final form after absorbing so many crystals, and now it's even stronger, and it's even using an item to make it resistant to it's one weakness, fire. And it's next victim turns out to be Aisha .

I have to give a lot of props to those adventurers, wounded and weak as they were, deciding to stand up for themselves and fight off all the incoming monsters to basically sacrifice themselves so everyone could escape and warn about that Moss Huge. It was very brave of them .

Being a strategist in a life or death situation isn't easy, especially when stuck in a situation with no easy solution and the most efficient being sacrificing others for the sake of your companions. I don't envy Lili's position at all, but when Bell never abandoned or discarded her and saved her so many seasons ago, she can't just stand around and do anything less than what Bell would do and she holds her ground so they can save everyone .

And as if in answer to Lili's feelings, Bell returns with a spectacular hero entrance worthy of any legend, Firebolting all the monsters to ashes and knocking the Moss Huge into the perfect spot for their final showdown! A final showdown that lets Bell demonstrate how he's finally mastered his leveled up body and how strong he is now, and slicing up the Moss Huge because he's far more agile and faster now. And the cherry on top is the finisher, with Bell imbuing his knife with a Firebolt so he can roast that thing to cinders and save the people the Moss Huge infected! What a way to end things !

And not only does Bell have the gratefulness of his companions and the surviving adventurers, he also has the thanks of Marie as well! She even declared her love for him! I think that officially puts her in the Harem !

So...what's next? Moss Huge is dead, so are they finally going to get back to the surface? Or whatever that Ryu plotline indicated in the Opening is about ?
Old 2022-08-18, 16:41   Link #97
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Where's a like when you need one.
Old 2022-08-18, 17:17   Link #98
GDB

Argo Vesta was quite awesome. Aisha, Lili, and Haruhime got awesome moments too. And while Welf's moment was awesome, it was still good and showed his quick wit.
Old 2022-08-18, 17:50   Link #99
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't think Haruhime's new spell would just be an upgrade of her one spell, but it's certainly a very useful upgrade.

Bell of course came back just in the nick of time to save everyone. He had little trouble against the powered up Moss Huge now that he's adjusted to his new level. I'm a bit confused about the knife. Welf said it can't be imbued with magic, but Bell does just that anyway. Did I miss something or was this meant to show us once again how special Bell is? It's a shame the OP spoiled that moment for us anime onlies. It was still pretty cool.
Old 2022-08-18, 18:10   Link #100
grecefar

yeah argo vesta was cool and all but it somewhat felt an underwhelming ending for the moss monster that it was a real pain all these chapters, at least use some slow motion or something, he went off too quickly.

so after this, bell is level 5 now?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote