AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-06-17, 23:36   Link #221
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I'm curious to see what people here will say about this episode. So many comments I've seen in other places seem to be praising it, but... To me, the whole Blood Princess segment was sincerely one of the most uncomfortable and creepy things I've had the displeasure of sitting through in a long time... Ick.

(The first half with Judgment Princess was fine and honestly kind of wholesome.)
I guess it depends on your reaction to Blood Princesses kink .
Old 2022-06-18, 10:26   Link #222
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Hello random VA who isn't a VA but someone still got this role and obviously sucks compared to everyone else in the show

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-18, 10:28   Link #223
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Hello random VA who isn't a VA but someone still got this role and obviously sucks compared to everyone else in the show
Ranran's? Her voice was definitely...not what I expected.

Also they really just had Ayane Sakura in this episode just to do Darth Vader breathing noises as Heat Princess .
Old 2022-06-18, 14:00   Link #224
Strahan

Quote:
the whole Blood Princess segment was sincerely one of the most uncomfortable and creepy things I've had the displeasure of sitting through in a long time... Ick.
Really? Seemed pretty tame to me. Weird, for sure, lol, but tame.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-18, 15:12   Link #225
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I guess it depends on your reaction to Blood Princesses kink .
I do not think it is supposed to be a kink. Just a sign that she is a cake who wants children so bad that she has gone a little (or a lot) crazy.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-18, 15:36   Link #226
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Really? Seemed pretty tame to me. Weird, for sure, lol, but tame.
Good for you? I mean... Have I seen worse things than that? Sure, plenty. But, personally, I think it felt out of place here and I just didn't like it. Simple as.
Old 2022-06-18, 15:45   Link #227
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I do not think it is supposed to be a kink. Just a sign that she is a cake who wants children so bad that she has gone a little (or a lot) crazy.
Considering the childrens' book hooking her and Bosslar up at the end...you might be right .
Old 2022-06-19, 05:30   Link #228
ryllharu

Quote:
Good for you? I mean... Have I seen worse things than that? Sure, plenty. But, personally, I think it felt out of place here and I just didn't like it. Simple as.
When the weird baby kink is played for laughs, it's creepy, but not in an overwhelming way.

I don't think it is particularly out of place in this series though. Culverin Bear and Kyoko being in a relationship, Green having his organs pulverized by Desumi when they were kids, the Gelato sub being 100% useless, Heat Princess' four modes (bully, clingy, very clingy, and heavy breathing stalker), Blue being a disgusting narcissist playboy, Yellow's very overt onee-san sex appeal. Everything is exaggerated, but the difference is they let this one play out as a focus for an entire half, where Heat Princess' stalker-clinginess has been stretched across several (edit: and they heavily imply but also never show or discuss the monster series relationships because they're often visual or single line gags).

Or I may just be desensitized to it by reading Rosen Garten Saga, which just covers, umm, everything tasteless. Including this.

Last edited by ryllharu; 2022-06-19 at 05:40.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-19, 09:48   Link #229
grecefar

I wonder why nobody goes to fudo signing events, I mean sure there may no be interest in the bug hobby but as far I know the public knows that he is red gelato and any sign, book or something relate to him may be valuable, or they aren't that popular?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-19, 21:47   Link #230
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I wonder why nobody goes to fudo signing events, I mean sure there may no be interest in the bug hobby but as far I know the public knows that he is red gelato and any sign, book or something relate to him may be valuable, or they aren't that popular?
I think it was kinda weird, since the past episodes have shown he is popular with some groups of people

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2022-06-20, 03:05   Link #231
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I feel like the story decided to ignore what made sense for the sake of a joke. His hobbies definitely wouldn't appeal to many. But it would definitely appeal to some people. And even those that didn't care would still show up to get his signature since he's a celebrity.
Old 2022-06-24, 09:33   Link #232
Frontier

I love the contrast to Gekko coming up with some crazy monster experiment while Desumi is happily feeding Fudo macarons .

Yeah, I figure Desumi wouldn't take it well knowing that Fudo is going to act out a wedding scene with a top actress who just so happens to be a fan of his...jealousy can be a dangerous thing, especially when your boyfriend is dense about it. Luckily Haru is there to clue Fudo in .

So Fudo can't refuse because they used the sponsorship money to build their combining weapons in true Sentai fashion, but count on Fudo to think he can just make a cute for him and Desumi to cut together to make up for it. Of course he has no idea how to make a cake, but at least he's got Daigo to teach him the ropes .

Gekko unleashes their newest monster, Ultimate Phantom...which is basically just an uncontrollable devil baby that smacks poor Bosslar (at least he's got Blood Princess) and then devours poor Culverin Bear and Steel Princess. At least the Princesses and generals got to unleash their best attacks on it in a cool scene .

Good thing the monster attacked and gave Fudo an excuse to not cut the cake .

I love how Reaper Princess is so in a funk about her relationship woes with Fudo that she doesn't care about all her co-workers getting beat up or her base being destroyed by Ultimate Phantom until she realizes Fudo's in danger. Priorities, this girl .

Gelato Five make a decent effort at defeating Ultimate Phantom, but then it becomes a giant cake monster and bats them all away, leaving Fudo to wield the Gelato Claymore by himself...until Desumi shows up, having seen the cake he made for them, and allowing the pair to reconcile and with the power of their love and the Opening to defeat Ultimate Phantom and finally cut the cake together .

The world at large still thinks of Red Gelato and Reaper Princess as mortal enemies, and Desumi sure knows how to beat up Fudo, but now Ultimate Phantom thinks of them as its parents (although Bosslar probably wishes it were him) so they've got that going for them as they just sit cozily in the snow as practically husband and wife .
Old 2022-06-24, 10:19   Link #233
zztop

The anime covered the 1st 23 chapters of the manga.
Chp 34 is the latest release in Japan, and the series is monthly.

So unfortunately we might have to wait a while for an S2 since there wouldn't be enough material just yet to adapt further.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-24, 10:21   Link #234
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Didn't expect it going in but this and Kongming ended up being my top 2 of the season. Such a fun series, with a great seiyuu cast as well. 8.5/10
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-24, 10:51   Link #235
Alchemist007
*Author

Janenba final boss huh. Unfortunate that reaper didn't have enough courage to be out with it in the final scene. All in all an easy watch.

7/10
Old 2022-06-24, 14:23   Link #236
Lex79

Lot of action in this episode, I liked it. Worked really well as the series finale.
Old 2022-06-24, 14:48   Link #237
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
The anime covered the 1st 23 chapters of the manga.
Chp 34 is the latest release in Japan, and the series is monthly.
the last chapter I read was the one were bear was eaten by the baby, I haven't see any translation after that

I enjoyed a lot more like the manga, I hope we get a second season some day.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-24, 15:11   Link #238
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
the last chapter I read was the one were bear was eaten by the baby, I haven't see any translation after that
Probably because, the Official Translation of it is already upto that part.
Manga Volume 4 (which contains Chapters 20-25) was released on 7th June 2022.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-24, 17:27   Link #239
Decel

8/10.

Fun low-calorie series generally well executed. The animation was sometimes lacking (the claymore fighting-slicing segment was basically a still image of Fudo and Desumi moving around).

I dislike narrators in general (Kaguya-sama...) but this one was a good example of well a implemented one. Loved the one where he resumed it saying they were screwed (when they got found out by pink Gelato I think).

Also, the extended cast on both sides, while rather one-dimensional, are interestingly distinct and have a lot of potential for extended storylines and even derivative-series.

Wish the epilogue segment would develop further. The ED song is really cute and fits the narrative and Desumi.

Would definitely stick around for a season 2 if one manifest. Hope it doesn't take nearly a decade to do so though.
Old 2022-06-25, 00:29   Link #240
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts: