AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-10-08, 09:38   Link #201
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
'Vampire destroying ring' might be a bluff, if they die in sunlight anyway? If Anko can kill vampires, the vampires can certainly kill her. She probably has a file of evidence that will get released if she dies, but she can't be the smartest or best prepared person in history that the vampires have had to shut up.
There's a massive, unblocked window in the room Nazuna sleeps. Sun might hurt or weaken vampires in this world, but it definitely doesn't kill them.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-08, 10:37   Link #202
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
There's a massive, unblocked window in the room Nazuna sleeps. Sun might hurt or weaken vampires in this world, but it definitely doesn't kill them.
You can guess how I got the idea, when vampire turns to ash in the sun, but fair enough. According to wiki, sunlight is 'dangerous'.

True vampire killing method, it turns out, is not very original. It looks like coming events will depart from the relaxed and thoughtful pace of the series so far, which doesn't fill me with any joy.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-09, 22:02   Link #203
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
You can guess how I got the idea, when vampire turns to ash in the sun, but fair enough. According to wiki, sunlight is 'dangerous'.

True vampire killing method, it turns out, is not very original. It looks like coming events will depart from the relaxed and thoughtful pace of the series so far, which doesn't fill me with any joy.
Vampires dying in sunlight is largely a fiction mechanic that you don't really see in actual vampire myths. And it wasn't even started with the character people often most associate it with, Dracula. If memory serves Nosferatu takes the cake for first fictional vampire to be weak to sunlight.
Old 2022-10-10, 04:09   Link #204
ryllharu

Overall, it's a very interesting vampire setting here where Nazuna admits that vampires really know quite little about themselves either.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 05:17   Link #205
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Vampires dying in sunlight is largely a fiction mechanic that you don't really see in actual vampire myths. And it wasn't even started with the character people often most associate it with, Dracula. If memory serves Nosferatu takes the cake for first fictional vampire to be weak to sunlight.
Certainly (World of Darkness springs to mind as well), though vampires have been more popular culture than myth for as long as what we think of as vampires have been around. Vampires as seductive immortals rather than corpses climbing out the grave is entirely from novels, films and modern psychological/social anxieties.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 09:23   Link #206
Rasty

So, how high is the chance of Anko being a vampire herself? She was able to overpower a vampire for a while (when holding his hand with the ring). There are 3 other possible culprits for the death (or their combination): sunlight, silver (the ring), natural from starvation. Though I am still betting on her being a vampire and vampire blood being toxic to other vampires.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 12:25   Link #207
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
So, how high is the chance of Anko being a vampire herself? She was able to overpower a vampire for a while (when holding his hand with the ring). There are 3 other possible culprits for the death (or their combination): sunlight, silver (the ring), natural from starvation. Though I am still betting on her being a vampire and vampire blood being toxic to other vampires.
I think it would be pretty hypocritical that Anko has such a hard-on hatred for vampires if she's one herself.
Old 2022-10-11, 14:53   Link #208
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think it would be pretty hypocritical that Anko has such a hard-on hatred for vampires if she's one herself.
I think it is very unlikely she is a vampire, but hypocritical self-hating vampires are pretty common.

I do think she very intimately knows one of them in the little circle we've been introduced to. I lean toward the very angry Niko, since she is such a stickler for the rules but also very much a flirt. Midori doesn't seem the type, and it doesn't feel like Anko is into androgyny, so Hatsuka is out too. Kabura is too dangerous. Nazuna is too much of an introverted loner for it, but Anko knows of her, right?
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 15:34   Link #209
Rasty

Quote:
If she got turned without her knowledge or got dumped by her "parent" (or betrayed in her opinion in any other way) then the hatred would be quite logical. After all the whole strong love turning into strong hate (and inverse) is one of the most overused tropes. And needing to drink blood would also only strengthen it either by being always "hungry" or by self-loathing when she inevitably does it.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-15, 21:32   Link #210
Alchemist007
*Author

Finally got to finishing this, was pretty good but some of the characters in the 2nd half were more interesting than others. The crossdresser seemed a bit forced but whatever. Hopefully S2 sooner than later.

7/10
Old 2024-01-12, 19:45   Link #211
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"Special Project" being announced in conjunction with the manga ending.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-12, 20:50   Link #212
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
"Special Project" being announced in conjunction with the manga ending.
Oh, I see where this is going .
Old 2024-01-13, 05:43   Link #213
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Oh, I see where this is going .
We hope!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-18, 21:52   Link #214
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Hopefully, that means more Creepy Nuts incoming.