Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-17, 07:13   Link #61
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
You perfectly capture why this is so realistic to me - it’s exactly what I imagine people in a big city doing in this situation.
The first couple of episodes already established electricity (and batteries) are at a premium; people would more realistically be hoarding that shit like TP during pandemic. Moreover city folk are more... disciplined than they get credit for; they would probably be happy to watch/bet on a race between sewer rats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I wouldn't be entirely shocked if the nurse was right and it's actually the sister with a mental condition, the surgical scar could just have been imagined. I think it's a less likely scenario though.
That would honestly be a lot more interesting than what we got. At first this seemed like a believable near future but now I feel like I'm watching an edgy Onimai. Though Onimai's miracle genderswap drug was probably more believable.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-17, 10:56   Link #62
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I don't recognize the singers but I like the ending theme. Sounds like a fun roadtrip (though the episodes are quite violent for the music)
Old 2023-04-18, 19:13   Link #63
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Whoa whoa whoa...

Spoiler:
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-19, 07:37   Link #64
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Whoa whoa whoa...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2023-04-22, 11:19   Link #65
Blaat

I just can't get enough of the production values of this anime, it's so good.
Old 2023-04-22, 13:18   Link #66
Sides

^_^
Spoiler:
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-22, 13:58   Link #67
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
^_^
Spoiler:
That was as strange as the series itself, but I like it.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-22, 18:26   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm wondering when the scenes at the institute take place. I doubt they're happening at the same time as Kiruko and Maru's adventures. Feels more like this is the place where everything started, especially now that we just saw baby devorers. Maru is looking for Tokio but he (she?) could have easily not aged on account of the experiments they're doing on the kids.
Old 2023-04-22, 20:54   Link #69
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Whoa whoa whoa...

Spoiler:
really nice catch, it went flying for me and didn't realize.

chapter 4 and there is still a lot more questions than answers, but I loved it.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-23, 20:26   Link #70
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
These scientists are oddballs. Yeah, what could possibly spur people to kiss. Do they realize humanity evolved on its own? Pretty sure cave people didn't hop on the internet and google kissing to realize they could do it.

Pretty clever way to win that fight. Make use of not only the enemy, but the situation. Of course those guys would be grumpy about letting anyone near their marijuana even in a life or death situation. But it all worked out.

The baby thing was...I'm not sure. The heck are these people doing? The mystery of that place is as heavy as anything else. I have no idea what they are doing with these kids or what their plans are. But I can agree with the idea that running is probably a good idea if possible. I guess it's also fair to ask if those kids are really human. Was calling those things babies just a kid not understanding what human babies are supposed to look like? Or is this what those kids actually did look like when they were infants? Are these people breeding monsters for some purpose?
Old 2023-04-24, 07:49   Link #71
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Sweet mother of god. I've never been so confused about flashbacks since watching LOST. Still enjoying the series but I wonder how are these two parallel stories gonna connect.
Old 2023-04-29, 17:07   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The story sure does a good job making me keep guessing. I thought Maru and Kiruko discussing the fact the disaster could have been caused by AIs/robots hinted that the AI in charge of the kids at the institute (and which is clearly up to something) was the cause of it and therefore those scenes took place in the past, but then they told us the date of Tarao's death was Ten'ei 16, and I think it has been 16 years since the disaster so that would mean it's present time.

Kiruko went full PTSD when she thought she had lost Maru as well. Yup, not a simple bodyguard job anymore. Stopped being one a long time ago.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who kept focusing on Maru's mouth to see if his tooth had grown back. He's clearly not a normal kid so it wouldn't surprise me, though he could have said that because he's dumb.
Old 2023-04-29, 19:00   Link #73
grecefar

maybe that was a hint on why maru is so strong and has the maru-touch is because he has man-eater parts inside him or something.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-29, 23:32   Link #74
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

There's no way in hell Maru is dumb, that should be pretty clear at this point. But his generation has had no education and won't know things RL first-world kids would be expected to know.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-30, 02:44   Link #75
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

It might be a post-apocalyptical world and the girl he likes has a guy's brain, but he still remembers to be a gentleman and not hurt the female punk

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-02, 06:47   Link #76
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I got Golden Kamuy memories with that boner joke. Way to ruin the comfort XD
Old 2023-05-03, 19:29   Link #77
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Lot of questions. But definitely interesting things at work here. What are those kids really and what exactly is the goal with them? Considering it's anime it's easy to ignore, but Maru's ability is definitely inhuman in nature. Is it simply from that doctor inserting monster parts inside of him? Or is it due to that Heaven place "making" these kids? At the very least Maru's ability to kill those monsters and his inhuman levels of strength are abnormal elements.

Seems more and more possible that the "babies" we saw really are infant forms for those children. Designed with bodies that reject disease. Though that can't be the end of it.

I'm just going to throw it out there too...the kissing frenzy amongst those kids seems to be a bad sign. If whatever illness killed that one kid is passed through kissing this whole thing could fall apart in a hurry.
Old 2023-05-04, 07:23   Link #78
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I kinda liked Maru still blushes in front of Kiruko. I was afraid of this series putting too much homophobic content but in the latest episode the guy still cares about Kiruko. Then again, this seems the main theme
Old 2023-05-05, 12:25   Link #79
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Something tells me Maru and Kiriko are somehow "graduates" of that school. In the episode at the inn, the innkeeper comments on their chopstick abilities and overall etiquette. Where did they learn those? Most of their lives they hung around with riff-raff.

If the babies are going to grow up to look like the students, why do they now look like the monsters that Maru and Kiriko fight?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-05, 18:33   Link #80
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Something tells me Maru and Kiriko are somehow "graduates" of that school. In the episode at the inn, the innkeeper comments on their chopstick abilities and overall etiquette. Where did they learn those? Most of their lives they hung around with riff-raff.

If the babies are going to grow up to look like the students, why do they now look like the monsters that Maru and Kiriko fight?
We've seen pretty much all of Kiruko and Maru's pasts. They would have mentioned it if they spent some time in a high tech facility. Kiruko has no powers, either.

I still think the scenes at the facility take place in the past and that Maru is Tokio's son. That's what makes the most sense to me.

Tags
adventure, sci-fi