AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-10, 16:16   Link #41
ato
Oups...

Indeed, A-E and Aoshi deserves great credit for the fast realeases if Gash. Keep up the fantastic work guys (and presumably girls as well )!

About ep 16...
Spoiler:
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 16:48   Link #42
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

My favorite part of episode 16...
Spoiler:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 00:10   Link #43
Gash Bell

Send a message via AIM to Gash Bell
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
My favorite part of episode 16...
Spoiler:
Ah, this anime IS good, when I first was watching the intro I didn't think it would be all that great. But after watching it, I love the anime! Well its good enough to make me feel for it to have an Rp. ^_^
Gash Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 18:22   Link #44
Ansible

Thanks to this thread I've started watching Gash Bell, I like it! Some animes have been leaving me a little bored lately, but this isn't one of them... its kid stuff kinda but I am entertained. It reminds me a little of air master with the revved up fighting spirit thing happening. This will be in my permanent archive if only for the first episode when he comes naked through the window with the fish. And vulcan 300, of course! Thanks A-E & Aoshi!
Ansible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 22:35   Link #45
SpikeSpencer
Friendly Neighborhood Nub

Send a message via AIM to SpikeSpencer
Question

Care to give a description of the series ...i've come across it many many times and have been hesitant to start watching it....
SpikeSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 01:49   Link #46
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

It's like a pokemon spoof. Really funny. A surprising amount of characterization. Surprises you every now and then. If you like action combined with wild comedy you'll love this.

I'd give you a better description of the series, but I can't think of a way to do it justice. Everytime I try to break it down to its parts, I find that it sounds so unappealing, yet somehow when those same parts are put together it is absolutely wonderful.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-02-17, 02:16   Link #47
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeSpencer
Care to give a description of the series ...i've come across it many many times and have been hesitant to start watching it....
Hard-core shounen anime. Visual style is really exaggerated and ugly - heavy black lines, grotesque character designs. Music is usually loud and clunky. Every sentence spoken ends in an exclamation point! Plot structure is basic fighting show; pretty much every episode has a fight scene; few cliff-hangers.

The main idea is that little nasty demons are set loose on Earth for what amounts to a free-for-all tournament to decide who will become the next cruel ruler of the Demon Dimension. The demons have to work as duos with human accomplices. The main characters are a demon-human team who are trying to survive the tournament without getting swept up in paranoia and bloodlust.

What I like about the show is that it is comical and grotesque, and has a big helping of likable characters. You might as well watch a couple eps and see what it's like; either you will like it or you won't. I rarely watch this kind of series myself but this one is totally over-the-top and I always look forward to each new episode.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 02:48   Link #48
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
You might as well watch a couple eps and see what it's like; either you will like it or you won't.
Just dont dismiss this series on the point that it opens with a naked boy flying through the air. Alot of people cant get beyond the fact Gash appears nude with nothing hidden many times. It also takes about 4 episodes to get started. So watch 4 or 5 episodes and then decide if you want to watch it. It has really really good parts (ep 4-6(?),12, 14-15, 17-19(?),24-26(?),29-30, and then it has some really really bad parts (such as ep 31-35 which shouldnt be acknoweldged as part of the series). And its not your normal fighting show ala pokemon or dbz or any of those. (aka, there is no "oh, i cant beat the enemy right now, omg, i learned a brand new attack, now i kick your ass!")
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 02:59   Link #49
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I think that you two are making my point that this show sounds really weird and unappealing if you start telling about the details of it. with all that you two have said, anyone would be amazed that this show is so good.

Old 2004-02-17, 08:42   Link #50
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
I think that you two are making my point that this show sounds really weird and unappealing if you start telling about the details of it. with all that you two have said, anyone would be amazed that this show is so good.

Very true, it only shows that you have to experience a show for yourself and can't really depend on summaries of others cause preferences are too vast to fathom..*cough*
Having that said, KnGB is one of those shows that people either love or hate, there really isn't anything inbetween. In my case, it's love on first sight and one of those occasions i really like sidecharacters more than the main ones^^
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 02:46   Link #51
ato
Oups...

A new episode is up now!... And I missed starting the download before I went to work

Yes, it really is hard to explain the greatness of Gash. I think the secret is the quirky humor - It's just action packed fun! That and the two heroes' seemingly unlimited capacity for absorbing damage. One has to wonder what Kyomarus parents thinks of all those ripped/stabbed/slashed/burned/bloodied shirts and school uniforms...
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 02:47   Link #52
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

From what I've seen of Kiyomaru's mother I think she's just glad that he's getting out more. She'd say, "It's so wonderful that he's finally got a hobby that enables him to meet lots of new people."

Old 2004-02-18, 03:07   Link #53
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Heh ep 17 was hilarious... ^_^ I don't think the character designs are ugly at all, it works well with the show. I esp love that expression Gash has in the eyecatch, you know the "tee hee" one... ^_^ Ep 18 has that whacko Folgore in it again... haha, that guy was pretty funny too.

What was so bad about eps 31-35?
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 04:22   Link #54
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
It's like a pokemon spoof. Really funny. A surprising amount of characterization. Surprises you every now and then. If you like action combined with wild comedy you'll love this.

I'd give you a better description of the series, but I can't think of a way to do it justice. Everytime I try to break it down to its parts, I find that it sounds so unappealing, yet somehow when those same parts are put together it is absolutely wonderful.

Well calling it a pokemon spoof is a good way to describe it wrong. If anything it is more like digimon.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 09:19   Link #55
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
What was so bad about eps 31-35?
A 5 ep filler arc with a really obvious story line, things that just want to make you bash your head against the wall, and a few really really bad episodes that dont fit into the story well at all. (35.... is so bad....... its painful.) While gash has been not so typical shonen until now, this is just a 180 back to typical predictable saturday morning tv shounen.

Warning: this spoils 31-32
Spoiler:
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 11:55   Link #56
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Lots of people like shounen anime. A summary was what was asked for. I think I did a reasonable job in a few words.

I hope people don't get too carried away about how "great" this show is only to be disappointed later. Calling it "untypical" or whatever is going a bit far IMO. It's obviously a long series and so prone to typical mid-series slump.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 12:31   Link #57
Go-lytely

Anybody thought about making their own Vulcan 300?
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 14:02   Link #58
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
Lots of people like shounen anime. A summary was what was asked for. I think I did a reasonable job in a few words.

I hope people don't get too carried away about how "great" this show is only to be disappointed later. Calling it "untypical" or whatever is going a bit far IMO. It's obviously a long series and so prone to typical mid-series slump.
Indeed, gash bell is still kiddy grade, pokemon like. But it is upbeat, has funny moments and good energy. it is "good" considering how "bad" shows like this can get
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 14:37   Link #59
Gaara2
LegendofMir

Send a message via MSN to Gaara2
downloading episode 17 now -_-

i rate this anime 10/10
so fecking heavy
Gaara2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 14:42   Link #60
MrBrown

I think Gash is just one of those series' with a very typical idea but great execution.

It certainly does have it's up and downs, and there are alot of parts where I've been bored (besides eps 31-35). Ultimately, I think if it was a bit less episodic and went beyond a shounen type storyline a bit more, it could be a really great series. For now, it's just really good.
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote