AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 15:27   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Suzuka

Due to the misfortunate forum data loss, the old and huge Suzuka's thread (94 pages) got lost.
It seems like we will need a new thread for the series. While looking if something of old data could be restored.

Anyway, in the meanwhile, Lunar has released fansubbed episode 23, a few days ago. While with the raws, we arrived at 24.

So let's start from there, now..
Old 2005-12-18, 15:30   Link #2
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
Sorry I can't start from there, because I've only seen 7 Episodes so far...

But I'm really enjoying this Series and I think I'll catch up to it next week (or the week after that oO)

I think now that Yamato-kun entered the team the series will become interesting
Kamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 15:38   Link #3
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamion
Sorry I can't start from there, because I've only seen 7 Episodes so far...
Oh, well it was just a mere circumstance line

It is now like, "let's recover after the hurricane" mode.. so the most people we collect back, the better it is.
But I think that, when people return, they will most likely talk of current episodes, since there's hot stuff going on and indeed, we're at one shoot from the end of the series...

Quote:
But I'm really enjoying this Series and I think I'll catch up to it next week (or the week after that oO)
Pal, you already passed the "Suzuka-test".
I mean, that one that needs people NOT to be scared of pissed off by the series after the first episodes (a lot that I know escaped too early ). At episode 7, you're at a good point, so please enjoy what's about to come
Old 2005-12-18, 15:38   Link #4
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Man, this really sucks. There were so many good posts in that thread from DevilDoll, Mentar and others

edit: agreed with Pellissier, the next 7 or so eps are really good

Last edited by Radiosity; 2005-12-18 at 17:07.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 16:10   Link #5
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Spoiler for episode 23 in a nutshell:
Old 2005-12-18, 16:21   Link #6
ThePuff

What do you folks think is going to happen to Honoka? Seen a few random sprinkles of her but still not much hint as to how she's going to end up.
ThePuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 16:28   Link #7
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Spoiler for episode 24 in a nutshell, WARNING: this hasn't been fansubbed yet!:

Spoiler for episode 25 preview (WARNING):

Ok, now I'm done with a bit of summary of last events. It was due

Last edited by Pellissier; 2005-12-18 at 16:52.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 18:03   Link #8
LordDemon
Yami no Ou

Episode 23 was very good! Suzuka really doesn't know what she wants ^_^
LordDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 18:14   Link #9
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Suzuka really doesn't know what she wants ^_^
Nothing new there then
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 19:40   Link #10
mit7059

yeah, suzuka kinda annoys me. I had really wanted Yamato to stick with Honoka but i knew it wouldnt happen because not only is it not angsty enough but the series is called "Suzuka." I like the show a lot but sometimes the characters can be really annoying.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 19:45   Link #11
Yuiichi
Retired.

I'll agree with LordDemon here. Suzuka is really indecisive.

With 3 episodes left to finalize the series, I see almost no hope of Yamato getting together with Suzuka. Try as he might to become number 1 to impress her, nothing seems to be going his way. She doesn't seem to like him even though he's become very serious with his track.

Hopefully she'll see how hard he's working, and maybe be honest with her feelings a little more.
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 19:47   Link #12
mit7059

is suzuka going to have a second season or is going to end at episode 26? I hope it continues

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 20:30   Link #13
pongie

Send a message via ICQ to pongie
Isn't there a manga? How true to the mange is the anime? so maybe there'll be a 2nd season if the manga is still going. Hope the ending it not crammed into the last 3 eps
pongie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 20:32   Link #14
Uruz7

I did a quick Google search for cached pages and found quite a few from this thread. There was over 90 pages so I don't know what would be worth saving. If you remember anything noteworthy that was posted by someone else or yourself, use this search string (without quotations): "site:forums.animesuki.com suzuka" then click on the link next each result "Cached." If you remember the username of who made the post you're looking for, include that in your search, like "site:forums.animesuki.com suzuka mentar"

For example: Here's page one BUT, those cached pages won't be there for long.
Uruz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 20:40   Link #15
n00bix

i think asahina got issues... what's her problem... if she likes him... go for it... if she doesn't... just tell him... but nooo... she just keeps going back and forth... should i like him? no i dont like him... i like him... no i dont like him.... sigh*
n00bix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 21:10   Link #16
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The manga is still going, but the anime is going to end at a good spot. There isn't enough more manga for a second season yet. The manga is at chapter 89 this week. The anime is at chapter 69 of the manga.

And I want to defend Suzuka. Sure I'd have stuck with Honoka, but I'm not Yamato. And Suzuka has good reason for her indecisiveness. If you understand her, you can't blame her.
Spoiler for why Suzuka is so indecisive about Yamato:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 22:07   Link #17
cicloid
Shin

Send a message via ICQ to cicloid
Too nostalgic

IMHO the main subject of suzuka is nostalgy, Honoka seems to be in love at least in the first part with the childhood Yamato... Suzuka, seems to remember a lot the dead guy (i forgot his name :S).

It would be great to have a new season, but as someone say, there isnt enough material for it. Maybe we would have to wait for six months or something like that. (Like me waiting for new caps of Tsubasa Chronicles).

Or...

You could see tons of fillers like in Naruto, and now in bleach :S
cicloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 22:12   Link #18
AnbuItachi

Suzuka is the best but anyway i think shes indecisive because kanzaki(i think thats his name) asked her out and she loved him and he's dead. Its only been 2 years. so she still thinks of him. and recently yamato broke kanzaki's personal best so suzuka is kind of sad because kanzaki is no longer here and stuff. i love suzuka;s character
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 22:19   Link #19
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicloid
It would be great to have a new season, but as someone say, there isnt enough material for it. Maybe we would have to wait for six months or something like that. (Like me waiting for new caps of Tsubasa Chronicles).
Having watched a ton of Romance anime, I don't think that a second season would be wise for something like Suzuka.

I feel that the directors can come up with an interesting (or potentially cliffhanger) ending that will give the anime watchers enough closure, but leave room to continue into the manga.

As for content in a potential second season: most of it would be either flashbacks, giving more backstory, or boring episodes with Suzuka yelling at Yamato (even if they do end up together). I feel that this one season will be the end.
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 22:27   Link #20
Arnyer
Ferratus

In the old thread, I think we stopped using spoiler tags for the most recent subbed episode a few days after it came out, so I'm going to write this one without as well, going up to episode 23.

Waaaayy back around Episode 14 or so when Honoka and Yamato were first hooking up, I made a post about it (now lost of course). But essentially what I said was two things: The way that Yamato didn't hold Honoka's hand until Suzuka placed in the Inter High tournament and Yamato had his inner monologue about how much better Suzuka was than him set up a dynamic where Honoka couldn't win, because she was portrayed as the girl Yamato just settled for. But I also theorized that in order for the audience to get behind a Yamato-Suzuka pairing, Suzuka needed some kind of redemption for all the time she's spent as the resident ice queen.

I'm still waiting for that redemption. I have very little sympathy for Suzuka. Her behavior has been, and continues to be, all over the map. It's pretty clearly shown in episode 23 where she criticizes Yamato with her usual stuck-up attitude until he gets mad at her and tells her to stuff it, whereupon she goes into a clumsy form of damage control. The girl has no idea how to treat other people. Yamato is far from perfect, but I prefer his spates of bumbling stupidity to Suzuka's consistently harsh and unfriendly attitude (towards everybody; she's even mean to Miki fairly often).

On the flip side, I think Honoka will remain one of my favorite characters. Initially, she struck me as a dull archetype: the sweet/innocent/shy/domestic character that you can find in 95% of anime of this genre. And she was a miko too. And she had that elementary school memory with Yamato, so she could even play the reunited childhood friend archetype too. I really didn't expect much of her.

But over the series, she's really broken free of her stereotypical facade. She's shy, but aggressive, though it's plainly not easy for her. She's insecure, jealous, possessive, maybe even a little obsessive. She wants Yamato for herself, even if it sometimes means blocking his desires (Remember back in Episode 4 or so, when Yamato was contemplating joining the track team, and Honoka discouraged him just so that he wouldn't get more time with Suzuka). She gets bonus points from me for reaching beyond her archetypes. I hope that she won't just be written out if she really does give up on Yamato, but I don't have much hope that she can really 'win' over Suzuka.
Arnyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen