AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 25 33.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 25.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 10.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 17.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-23, 17:36   Link #21
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Who knew TSFs could bleed? That was waaaaay too much blood for the saw to have only scratched the guy..
The blood is from killing the beta earlier probably
Old 2012-12-23, 17:37   Link #22
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
I don't think so. It wouldn't have shot up as a fountain after the Berkut's saw pierced Shiranui Second's cockpit if it was BETA blood.
Old 2012-12-23, 17:42   Link #23
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Is really the end? Feel imcomplete and unconclusive.

Dunno what to think, maybe a waste if there isn't a true resolution.
Old 2012-12-23, 17:55   Link #24
LeoXiao
思想工作

There were quite a few issues with it (least of all teh QUALITY) but all in all it was an entertaining show. I think the bad guy didn't go down quite as epically as the production staff could have made him, had they they not wasted time and energy on the idiotic hot springs episode, for example.
Old 2012-12-23, 18:17   Link #25
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well Muv-Luv is quite popular, so the chances it will have a second season is moderate. Still, if they have a season 2, directors please do remain on topic. Girls in Bikinis and hot springs are all fine, but find a proper place for them and keep on point of where the series is strong at. Improvement over graphics and animation needs some work as well. Overall I give this series a solid 7-8 on a scale of 10.
Old 2012-12-23, 18:20   Link #26
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Well, considering that the last few episodes have been anime-original, I doubt those things will be explained in the V/N..
how much of it was anime origanal and how much of it was changed in order to give the series a good stop point
cause i remember hearing about tarisa getting trashed in the novel which just happened so i was thinking it might not be all that different but they just manipulated the way it happened and who knows what happens from the base to the sniper location for the start of season 2 if thier is gonna be one which im hopping thier is and please say something if i got that wronge

i think yui getting assasinated would probly bennafit the soviets into making it americas fault for 2 reasons one yuuya might defect if it was his owm countrys fault someone he cared for died like that
and seeing as hes the reason for idar 1s badassness in the last ep they might want to get thier hands on him and make him the father of thier future wepons

and 2 having america the one responsable for the death of someone important would make trouble for america both now and in the future

Quote:
it probly wasnt blood seeing as the earlyer ep had tsf getting sawed in half
id say it was hydrolic fluid ,clloant, or just fuel seeing as all can be red

Last edited by black knight iust; 2012-12-23 at 18:42.
Old 2012-12-23, 18:24   Link #27
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Quote:
I don't think so. It wouldn't have shot up as a fountain after the Berkut's saw pierced Shiranui Second's cockpit if it was BETA blood.
Quote:
Who knew TSFs could bleed? That was waaaaay too much blood for the saw to have only scratched the guy..
did it ever occur to any one that being a machine, the TSF probably have pneumatic and or similar systems build into it. Using real life examples; the rear crew ramp on APCs like the Stryker and Bradley are raised and dropped by pneumatic pumps, thus its not hard to believe that the hatches on a TSF is opened and closed using a similar system. Basically the berkut severed or penetrated a Hydraulic line or reservoir that is used to open and close the cockpit hatch. and military / industrial grade hydraulic fluid are a red color in case you didn't know. Machine oil or similar fluids probably works too.
Old 2012-12-23, 18:25   Link #28
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

More or less why Sandek wants Yui dead is to get Yuuya for the Twins. Its hard having a relationship that is backed by opposing countries's special forces...

Not to mention that the XFJ and the SU-47 are in direct competition as premier TSFs to the world.

And pretty sure all TSFs need coolent. which a strike on the body of a human like machine might have a storage for, which might explain bursting liquid.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-12-23, 18:27   Link #29
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
did it ever occur to any one that being a machine, the TSF probably have pneumatic and or similar systems build into it. Using real life examples; the rear crew ramp on APCs like the Stryker and Bradley are raised and dropped by pneumatic pumps, thus its not hard to believe that the hatches on a TSF is opened and closed using a similar system. Basically the berkut severed or penetrated a Hydraulic line or reservoir that is used to open and close the cockpit hatch. and military / industrial grade hydraulic fluid are a red color in case you didn't know. Machine oil or similar fluids probably works too.
No, it did not. My knowledge of mechanics is basically non-existent. But yeah, that'd make sense. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 2012-12-23, 18:41   Link #30
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
More or less why Sandek wants Yui dead is to get Yuuya for the Twins. Its hard having a relationship that is backed by opposing countries's special forces...

Not to mention that the XFJ and the SU-47 are in direct competition as premier TSFs to the world.
Well that clear the relationship part :U
Old 2012-12-23, 18:53   Link #31
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
dont forget about how they move the arms (about all 8 i think) and meany of the movements that the tsf do
Old 2012-12-23, 18:59   Link #32
henzaeroz

i wonder how they know the ending will be like this

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-23, 20:45   Link #33
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
So who died?
Old 2012-12-23, 20:48   Link #34
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
So who died?
..Scarface.
Old 2012-12-23, 20:49   Link #35
yankky5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchelJohn View Post

Anyways , it was a good run , fake blood(?) on the Shiranui and I thought Yuuya was dead.Lol.

Its just hydraulic fluid

as for russian TSF brilliant they can actually switch cockpits just like that my eyes sparkled in admiration!!!

anyway 10/10 for me allot of action on this ep wich made it very satisfying though with the minus of any big BOOM!! and the 2 of the 3 second appearance of the lux in the entire series being used as a BETA shield was kinda depressing

As for scar face thank you for getting crushed beautifully

BTW, KBG and CIA screw both of them
Old 2012-12-23, 20:51   Link #36
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

I like what I read a blogger write on this series: "In the end, Total Eclipse is and always was a side story. As such, I never expected anything as epic as the original trilogy, and the end result was that it wasn’t. ".

Which sums up my views on the series perfectly. I enjoyed watching all my TSFs and BETA-tans fully animated (or CGI'd) and in action. And My biggest hope that this series succeeds enough in sales to push for more Muv-Luv (*cough* original trilogy *cough*).
Old 2012-12-23, 21:37   Link #37
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I had to laugh when I saw Keith using the Laser-class as a BETA shield - we'd joked about that as a combat tactic, but to see the Infinities actually using it was lol.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-12-23, 21:45   Link #38
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by touge-n00b View Post
I like what I read a blogger write on this series: "In the end, Total Eclipse is and always was a side story. As such, I never expected anything as epic as the original trilogy, and the end result was that it wasn’t. "
They bother to anime a "side story", used a couple of millions of cash for a side story than animate the original? Why oh why?
Old 2012-12-23, 21:52   Link #39
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Because it's the easiest way to drum up interest in the main series.

Also, I'm glad that Yui didn't get sniped, although there's always enough time for that to happen while she's walking to the aircraft after the credits end.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-12-23, 22:20   Link #40
Nyat

Spoiler for Someone dying:
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, mecha