AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-19, 22:23   Link #121
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
What would guns/equipment would you guys suggest I work towards, I'm at rank 16 on my starter Excalibur frame and I'm still using the starter weapons (with mods) at Earth.

Needless to say, I'm starting to feel the lack of damage even with the weapons at rank 17~ish

(hopefully making that Cronus will be worth replacing my Skana with)

EDIT: Anyone here play in the Asia region?
A few of these might require higher level mastery but they are pretty good gateway weapons till you get clan tech / prime weapons.

Hek (shotgun), This is my favourite weapon so far because it's very ammo efficient and high alpha dmg @ 140 dmg per shot. Also it has the longest range and tightest spread for shotguns. Main weakness is ammo capacity @ 4 shots by default. Great for short to mid range combat. Recommend slotting magazine capacity to bring it up to 6 shots.

Latron (semi-auto rifle) Another ammo efficient weapon, high dmg high accuracy. You'll want to hang back and pop people's head off with this due to the low rof.

Kunai (sidearm) Armor ignore, high dmg, high rof, 100% stagger. This is a great weapon against grineer and high armored foe. Main downside is the throwing arc makes it tricky to use.

Lex (sidearm) Desert eagle for warframe. high dmg, low rof, hit scan makes this a good sidearm to start with for newbie. Alternatively, you can farm Captain Vor for Seer which is similar to Lex but it has bullet travel time so need some aim compensation at long range.

Dual Ether (melee) armor ignore, fast attack, you can stun lock enemies with this. Main downside is the short range and spammy play makes my finger hurt.

Any of the heavy weapons are pretty good but typically you won't be able to melee much in late game so don't worry about spending catalyst or forma on them until you got your primary and secondary weapon ready.
Old 2013-10-20, 00:38   Link #122
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Lex is basically a hi-power rifle in the shape of a pistol. It's fuckawesome if you can snipe - it's basically a pocket sniper rifle.

I don't recommend it against armored targets like COrrupted crewmen, as it doesn't have armor ignore... that said by level 12, with a fair number of damage-boosting mods on it, Lex is fuckawesome. I like playing Kiliken Nightmare and using it to do longrange sniping killing Corpus with a single shot.

Also, I found that while Corpus helmets troll bullet damage, if you've got Fire and AP damage mods, those will do damage to the head.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 03:39   Link #123
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

Also, I found that while Corpus helmets troll bullet damage, if you've got Fire and AP damage mods, those will do damage to the head.
You can penetrate corpus helmet with a puncture ability on your weapons though personally, Corpus aren't hard to fight to warrant wasting mod points for that aside from Shred. Weapons with innate armor ignore also works well on their head.
Old 2013-10-20, 05:09   Link #124
Raviel

Thanks for the advice guys, I went ahead and decided to make a Boltor (because I felt very uncomfortable going on without some full auto gun)

......it should be ready within the next 24 hours

Once it's done crafting I'm going to focus on my secondary next, the Lato is such a good basic gun that I've found I can do well with it even at Mars. I'm looking into either the Lex or the Vasto (would getting dual Vasto be worth it?) as a replacement for my Lato.

Btw, how good of a frame is Frost? I was thinking of working my way towards getting the parts to make him but I've heard he's kind of a one-trick pony and one of the more "useless" frames in the game.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 05:13   Link #125
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
You can penetrate corpus helmet with a puncture ability on your weapons though personally, Corpus aren't hard to fight to warrant wasting mod points for that aside from Shred. Weapons with innate armor ignore also works well on their head.
That's for bullet damage (but yes, Shred is win). That said, reading the wiki, according to it, while the Corpus helmet tanks bullet damage, it doesn't tank AP damage (in fact, it gets 2x to AP damage). So my Lex, equipped with +60% AP, is basically doing something like 84 damage per shot on the head.

The Boltor kills crewmen in like 3 rounds to the head, lol. XD

Burston is kinda meh; it's good if you can chain headshots, but IMO it's not really viable outside of corpus.

Still working up to getting Soma.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-20, 05:18   Link #126
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

If you liked Lato, I actually suggest going Aklato first, since not only is it immediate, but you can get more mastery points. Remember - to improve your mastery, you need to level Warframes, guns and swords.

Lex is kinda trick, but starts getting viable with AP mods. It becomes decent at Level 6, and good at Level 10 or so.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-20, 05:37   Link #127
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Btw, how good of a frame is Frost? I was thinking of working my way towards getting the parts to make him but I've heard he's kind of a one-trick pony and one of the more "useless" frames in the game.
Frost is the king of defence, he's kinda one trick pony with Snow Globe but he's a damn good pony at it. Never useless in endgame team context. Disregard all the dps monkey talk, they all hide inside your Snow Globe at the end of the day when shit hits the fan.

Though you might want to hold off using the reactor on him yet because there's a Frost Prime version that can be gotten in the void instance.

Quote:
That's for bullet damage (but yes, Shred is win). That said, reading the wiki, according to it, while the Corpus helmet tanks bullet damage, it doesn't tank AP damage (in fact, it gets 2x to AP damage). So my Lex, equipped with +60% AP, is basically doing something like 84 damage per shot on the head.
Still working up to getting Soma.
The helmet is literally a helmet for Corpus, with puncture, you basically negate the layer that soaks up bullet dmg.

Burston is kinda meh, most burst fire weapon are pretty meh because of the kick up on the recoil and slow rof.

Soma's an ammo guzzler, get ready to scrounge for ammo with that gun lol. I'm waiting for my own ammo muncher, Flux Rifle to finish researching.
Old 2013-10-20, 09:23   Link #128
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
The helmet is literally a helmet for Corpus, with puncture, you basically negate the layer that soaks up bullet dmg.

Burston is kinda meh, most burst fire weapon are pretty meh because of the kick up on the recoil and slow rof.

Soma's an ammo guzzler, get ready to scrounge for ammo with that gun lol. I'm waiting for my own ammo muncher, Flux Rifle to finish researching.
On the helmet: True, true. Just pointing out that it's still possible to hurt Corpus without an ammo ignore weapon or Shred.

And yeah, Burston is meh. I think I'm going to level it then sell it. Need those mastery levels.

Yeah, Soma's an ammo guzzler lol. Working on trying to grind and get Rifle Ammo Mutation mods ^_^;; That said guys in my clan have run calcs and a properly setup tater'ed Soma will out DPS a Boltor...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-20, 12:28   Link #129
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I'm quite happy with my Soma (though I have all the ammo mutation mods from the corpus event) it takes a few seconds to get going but once it does its great for horde control and is surprisingly accurate for what it is.

Not sure if it will replace my Vandal but its certainly more fun than 1 hit killing everything.

On another note, I had a few games with Wild Goose yesterday and I have to day hes surprisingly brave with his mission choices :P

At one point we where going for the Jackel boss on nightmare mode and after everyone died I was left to beast mode aka slash dash the crap out of everything until it was dead.

Still fun though =D

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 12:43   Link #130
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword.

I am Frost, wielding a freaking Galatine
!!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 20:50   Link #131
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Okay, been using the Burston and it's now at Level 6, I think. It is a most ridiculously useless gun IMO, at least until I can load AP damage mods. It's not really that great at range, but it's decent up close - except that if I'm up close, I may as well use a Boltor.

Also Lex is boss on the lower levels, particularly Kiliken Defense on top of the dam/fortress, where there are clear lines of fire at the main enemy approaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I'm quite happy with my Soma (though I have all the ammo mutation mods from the corpus event) it takes a few seconds to get going but once it does its great for horde control and is surprisingly accurate for what it is.

Not sure if it will replace my Vandal but its certainly more fun than 1 hit killing everything.
I'm working up to the Soma - probably gonna tater it, since the guys in my clan tell me that it's a great gun and worth tatering.

Quote:
On another note, I had a few games with Wild Goose yesterday and I have to day hes surprisingly brave with his mission choices :P

At one point we where going for the Jackel boss on nightmare mode and after everyone died I was left to beast mode aka slash dash the crap out of everything until it was dead.

Still fun though =D
I was a liiiitle overconfident, I admit (and I'm still trying to figure out just WHERE I need to shoot the Jackal boss to bring its shields down and cause damage when it's down), but we weren't actually doing too badly. Just that I made a few rookie mistakes. (This is only I think my 2nd odd week of playing, lol.

Anyway, played a little bit of Warframe before work; did a Tower II Exterminate mission with some SB vets. Seriously, the Tenno sempai-tachi in my clan are BOSS. It's like by the time I realise there's a threat and am sighting in, they've killed it. I seriously need to get better, lol.

That said, the Tower Exterminate missions aren't so bad, and they're actually pretty darned good for grinding credits. There's also a youtube vid of someone doing some kinda Tower run where he has to grab an artifact and head to extract; he does a more or less stealth/speed run and got I think 20k or so in 4 minutes. Boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword.

I am Frost, wielding a freaking Galatine
!!
Somehow I'm not surprised.

Meanwhile I picked up a set of Frost Prime BP. Now I just need the parts, lol.

Edit: To make the game more epic, play as an Excalibur. Use a good sword. And have "The Only Thing I Know for Real" playing in the background.

Glorious.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-10-20 at 22:14.
Old 2013-10-20, 22:36   Link #132
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I been mostly soloing T3 extermination, it takes awhile to complete but it beats spamming recruitment channel for people. Mob lvl is around lvl 60 and comes in limited number so bring along a high powered armor ignoring weapon and snipe away.

The only mob that takes awhile to kill are the heavy corrupted gunner. Took 4 charged up ballistica shots to take one down while corrupted ancients only took 2 shots. Just keep your distance and plink them off from afar and avoid getting surrounded, you can finish it with any uncharged frame.
Old 2013-10-21, 00:04   Link #133
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Somehow I'm not surprised.

Meanwhile I picked up a set of Frost Prime BP. Now I just need the parts, lol.

Edit: To make the game more epic, play as an Excalibur. Use a good sword. And have "The Only Thing I Know for Real" playing in the background.

Glorious.

My main is a Loki, using a Braton and Dual Heat Blades.

My second is a Raiden, though using a Latron and Orthos.... Trust me, I wanted nothing more than to go in swinging with my Cronus... >_>

Both Loki and Raiden share a Akbolto.

My third is Hakumen, using a Dread, Kunai, and "Zanma: Ookami".
Old 2013-10-21, 00:31   Link #134
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Heavy Corrupted Gunners are a real pain in the ass. -_-

What damage type is good against shields, btw? I really hate wasting rounds on their shields when those are rounds I could be putting into their heads.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-21, 01:17   Link #135
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Heavy Corrupted Gunners are a real pain in the ass. -_-

What damage type is good against shields, btw? I really hate wasting rounds on their shields when those are rounds I could be putting into their heads.
Basic Elemental bonus are the following

Freeze = Shield
Fire = Infested
Armor Piercing = Grineer
Electricity = Corpus

Most basic weapons configuration should have all 4 elemental mod + dmg, multishot whenever possible.
Old 2013-10-21, 02:27   Link #136
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Basic Elemental bonus are the following

Freeze = Shield
Fire = Infested
Armor Piercing = Grineer
Electricity = Corpus

Most basic weapons configuration should have all 4 elemental mod + dmg, multishot whenever possible.
Noted. I've got Armor Piercing and Fire on my rifles and pistols, need to find Electricity and Freeze mods.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-21, 11:56   Link #137
Raviel

I'm starting to think I have the worst possible luck with getting damage mods for anything else besides pistols, I REALLY want to put some damage mods on my Boltor but the game never gives me any.

Instead I keep getting Sentinel mods which I'm probably not going to use for a very very long time -_-

P.S. How do mods work with thrown secondaries like the Kunai? Just the same as pistols?
Old 2013-10-21, 14:31   Link #138
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Yeah same deal as pistols, mods start off slow but they'll come flooding in once you hit the higher levels.

I think at the minute I have about 400 mods at the minute and of those easily half are fusion cores.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 14:37   Link #139
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Do people actually max out their Shields and Health mods ? Seems like a lot of resources wasted just after 4 levels...
Old 2013-10-21, 14:45   Link #140
Raviel

I maxed out the first health and shield mods that I got, now I have health mods piling up with no idea what to actually do with them.

Tags
cyborg, fps, ninja