AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Old 2015-11-03, 22:02   Link #101
Sphire

So, apparently Sasha Banks is a SR fan. It's not often you hear SR being mentioned, but I'm always happily surprised when it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z51zBJ3fK-c

Though I guees she watched the dubbed versions...which makes me think she's never read the manga and has missed out on a proper season 3 (well, like all of us).
Old 2016-02-01, 18:40   Link #102
hchop

A bit late, maybe it was already known, but I noticed something, Lala and Nara share the same birthday.

http://schoolrumble.wikia.com/wiki/Lala_Gonzalez
http://schoolrumble.wikia.com/wiki/Nara_Kentarou
http://www.marv.jp/special/game/ps2/...hara/index.htm

And Lala looks like a female version of Harima and Nara a male version of Tenma.

Last edited by hchop; 2016-02-03 at 02:03.
hchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 04:05   Link #103
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

No any news for School Rumble return comrade?
maybe someone can share information the news about mangaka himself
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 16:28   Link #104
hchop

School Rumble appeared on several Watchmojo lists:

Though I disagree with the second one, I believe he should either be with Yakumo or Eri.
Old 2016-03-27, 00:11   Link #105
pauciuss

It took me like eight years to finish this manga, back in the day I was in the college went I started it, I dunno why I stop reading it, I just found it again last week and rush through it to finish it, I like the overall experience, I remember the feeling of the first time and how much I laugh with it, I simply love it , I'm kind of sad I miss all the forums and debates to participate on them.

On the ending of School Rumble, I read that Jin Kobayashi had some kind of problem with the editor or something alike and had to finish it early, to me it gave the impression that it was starting a new arc to define who will be paried with Harima, either Eri or Yakumo, but at the next chapter it was already over, I was like WTF !!! did I miss something ?. I was very angry with this.

I liked that Tenma was forced to mature but I found her ending very sad, as Suou said, she got herself in a relation in which she will love but not be loved, for me even if she was a klutz, she was the sweetest, pure and cheerful of the bunch, I believe she deserved better.

And regarding SRZ I can understand the Eri X Harima (flag) ending, I personally was rooting for Yakumo X Harima (onigiri), to me Yakumo was the best girl and I identify myself with Harima, it was like a self-insertion (jajaja) I really was surprised with the chapters in which she broke and surrender herself to her feelings (the slap scene, the crying scene with Sara and the farewell speech) these along with the ghost chapters show a lot of her.

As someone in the fanfic forum said and I quote:
"Yakumo had it really rough from the start... being Tenma's sister, having to clean cook and work part time. Not being able to freely communicate in class.. and being left out of pretty much everything the 2C girls did. But for those few moments she had.. she was very effective, and yet.. Harima still treated her like Imouto-san, and she couldn't even attempt anything because she was loyal to Harima's feelings for Tenma. On the other side she was loyal to Tenma's feelings for Karasuma.. and Karasuma's feelings for Tenma, which left her squeezed in the middle. Feeling sorry for Harima.. her only option was to root for the equally stubborn Eri."

All above was represented in the chapter in which the princess in her doll set lost it's head and she has to choose a new head from 3 options that represented Tenma, Eri and herself, to be paired with the King (Harima) and chooses her sister over herself.

All this plus the development of E x H show them as the first option and logical option to some (including me) , nonetheless I would have been happier with a Y x H ending.

Also the one thing that was not explained and bother me the must, is why Yakumo and Tenma saw their father in Harima ?, I think only happen twice (ones for each one) JK never addressed this.

I hope, even if is a dim chance, JK writes the continuation of SR as he mention so many years ago in a seinen magazine or continue the anime.

Sorry to wrote so much, but I just read the whole manga and the last couple of days I had these uneasy feelings that I could not reed from and writing them has just calm me a little and I can focus in my respective shores, If you went through all this thanks for reading my opinion and I wish you a nice day.
pauciuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 13:41   Link #106
hchop

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauciuss View Post

On the ending of School Rumble, I read that Jin Kobayashi had some kind of problem with the editor or something alike and had to finish it early, to me it gave the impression that it was starting a new arc to define who will be paried with Harima, either Eri or Yakumo, but at the next chapter it was already over, I was like WTF !!! did I miss something ?. I was very angry with this.

Everything else about it was underdeveloped. Didn't Harima have a younger brother named Shuji that was interested in Yakumo? They did little with him. I'm curious how things would turn out when Harima moved in with Yakumo. I was thinking if there would be some development with Shuji, like how would he take this? Would there be tension between the two brothers, like another love triangle? Maybe we could explore their relationship as siblings and maybe we get to see some development of Harima as an older brother
Old 2016-03-31, 00:06   Link #107
pauciuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchop View Post
Everything else about it was underdeveloped. Didn't Harima have a younger brother named Shuji that was interested in Yakumo? They did little with him. I'm curious how things would turn out when Harima moved in with Yakumo. I was thinking if there would be some development with Shuji, like how would he take this? Would there be tension between the two brothers, like another love triangle? Maybe we could explore their relationship as siblings and maybe we get to see some development of Harima as an older brother
Thanks for replying, I though nobody would read, less share an opinion, Can I ask you some questions regarding SR ?

Besides the horrible ending of the manga overall, what did you thought of the sad ending of Tenma ?

Did you supported the SRZ ending ?

How long ago did you finished reading the manga ?

Any thoughts you wanna share ?

BR
pauciuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 16:23   Link #108
hchop

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauciuss View Post
Thanks for replying, I though nobody would read, less share an opinion, Can I ask you some questions regarding SR ?

Besides the horrible ending of the manga overall, what did you thought of the sad ending of Tenma ?

Did you supported the SRZ ending ?

How long ago did you finished reading the manga ?

Any thoughts you wanna share ?

BR
Sorry for the late reply. I felt that ending was rushed and underdeveloped. There was potential to be had there, like a story for Karasuma and Karasuma's past. What was his family like? Does he have any friends in the US? A childhood friend/potential rival for Tenma? I am not really into SRZ because it felt like a half-assed afterthought. Like I said, they should have also done something about Harima living with Yakumo, and since Shuji was in love with her, maybe we should see where this story goes and how it affects them as brothers. And also the story of Hanai and Akira. And like I said, Lala looks like a female version of Harima and Nara a male version of Tenma and they share the same birthday, maybe they could put them together and make them the gender-bent "Oudou".
Old 2016-11-22, 13:16   Link #109
SidVicious
Anime addict

School Rumble Manga Gets Special Chapter This Month

This year's 52nd issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine announced on Tuesday that Jin Kobayashi's School Rumble manga will get a special chapter in the 53rd issue on November 30. The chapter will be a sequel centered on Tsukamoto and Harima.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-month/.109086
Old 2016-11-22, 20:47   Link #110
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I went out of retirement just to post this

http://www.shonenmagazine.com/smaga/index.html

Old 2016-11-23, 11:02   Link #111
Kondrath
The real-life Harima

I'm so excited. I came here to post that too.
Kondrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-23, 20:00   Link #112
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Notification went ding.
Glad to see SR fans are still here.
Old 2016-11-25, 20:45   Link #113
hchop

As good of news as this may sound, I got my doubts. Remember that special that came a few years back where they just talked while sitting on some Japanese mats? I'm worried it will be something like that and will make less connections as SRZ, I hope this will not be the case, and I hope it could lead to more stories. Maybe even a reboot/remaster like Dragonball or Rebuild of EVA?
Old 2016-11-28, 01:31   Link #114
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

"Unchangeable permanently, serialization of romantic comedy restart!!"

>Unchangeable
>Restart

So nothing has changed and we'll restart again SR?
Old 2016-12-05, 06:47   Link #115
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

"Unchangeable permanently, serialization of romantic comedy restart!!"

>Unchangeable
>Restart

So nothing has changed and we'll restart again SR?
Not a sequel then?
Old 2016-12-05, 08:38   Link #116
kniteowl

Well the RAW is out, it's 6 pages long, It's nice to see the cast again, but older. Too bad I can't read Japanese though. lmao

So Hyped though
Old 2016-12-05, 08:42   Link #117
James Rye

What? School Rumble is back?!?! For real???
Old 2016-12-05, 10:43   Link #118
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

So School Rumble will reboot or what?
Please someone confirm this
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-05, 10:45   Link #119
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

No, just a special for the magazine, it's more common than you'd think.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-06, 22:32   Link #120
hchop

So it's just like that other special where they were sitting on mats. On why does Harima look like Roman Reigns?