AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-13, 13:18   Link #121
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

yea it ends on 27. There really arent a lot of questions left. I thought it would have been cool if that weird chick in the jeans was the #1 though although the #1 guy was the guy they showed in the first episode
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 15:51   Link #122
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
i always thought that fukamichi was #1, the way he kicks ass with his thumbs is cool
Old 2004-02-13, 16:28   Link #123
Ansible

Looks like plenty of room for a season 2. They have a ton of characters now, there's a lot they could do.

For instance, whatever happened to the staff guy? He said he was going to come back from india or wherever when he was stronger than Maki-chan, but we haven't seen him since. Did they show him for a second in ep 26? Fighting a tiger or something? It seems like one episode is not enough to bring closure to all the characters. Though this wouldn't be the first anime to have an abrupt and lame ending, I hope air master kicks butt to the very end.
Ansible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 17:37   Link #124
Edo

I thought that jean girl was #1, and Fukamichi was #2, he seemed so strong. I thought AIrmaster was really going to beat all of the top 5 or something, I hope their is going to be a seson 2. Though #1 looks like that electric dude from Street FIghter 3.
Edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 23:54   Link #125
xavier8200

seems like there is going to be a second season from the way that everything is wrapping up. Some stories are still to be finished like the guy who went to india and the guy who faught Lucha in ep 27. (I forgot their names Im bad with names anyway)

I thought that Fukamichi was #1 as well. I don't like this guy just popping up and (I assume) beats everyone up in the top five and then Maki suddenly gets to fight him after she lost her ranking.

Oh well. I look forward to the last ep becuase the fighting should be the best its been in the series so far.
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-14, 00:52   Link #126
Go-lytely

I really hope there is a second season too but I also know that lots of animes have bad endings that leave you hanging.

BTW, Tsukio said that Yashiki was his cousin.
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 14:31   Link #127
SSJMax

Send a message via MSN to SSJMax
Angry Air Master finished

Omg airmaster cant be finished they didint show what happend to the last guy and were is shinnosuke i know his traning but they didint show if he got strong
SSJMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 15:15   Link #128
Goras

Yeah... the last ep was kind bad...does air master has a manga?
Goras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 16:00   Link #129
DemonEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goras
Yeah... the last ep was kind bad...does air master has a manga?

The last ep was actually the best one, well that is what I think. AND that is why I want MORE!! So everyone pray (or whatever) for more Airmaster.
DemonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 16:24   Link #130
Akazukin Ookami
the red hood

Just watched it...and I think it was a fairly good ending... perfect in its weirdness and of course the presence of Sakiyama Kaori.

I'm pretty sure there is a manga (??) and I'm curious how it compares to the anime.
Akazukin Ookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 16:42   Link #131
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akazukin Ookami
Just watched it...and I think it was a fairly good ending... perfect in its weirdness and of course the presence of Sakiyama Kaori.

I'm pretty sure there is a manga (??) and I'm curious how it compares to the anime.
There is a manga. I think it goes a lot further than the anime, it ran for years anyway. (maybe it's still running, not sure)
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 16:44   Link #132
SimplyEd
Claytard

Keep cool friend, chances are high that Air Master will have a second season cause, believe it or not, it was a very successful show in Japan.
As for all those unfinished story arks or somesuch, i can tell you that the manga is still unfinished and continues after this semi-cliffhanger, which is episode 27.
Even if there won't be a second season, it was still a nice ending to a brilliant show nonetheless, and you don't have to forget that Maki is still a young street fighter, so there's enough room for her and Shinnosuke to gain more strength
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 16:47   Link #133
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd
Keep cool friend, chances are high that Air Master will have a second season cause, believe it or not, it was a very successful show in Japan.
As for all those unfinished story arks or somesuch, i can tell you that the manga is still unfinished and continues after this semi-cliffhanger, which is episode 27.
Even if there won't be a second season, it was still a nice ending to a brilliant show nonetheless, and you don't have to forget that Maki is still a young street fighter, so there's enough room for her and Shinnosuke to gain more strength
I checked and the manga has (at least) 15 volumes. So there's no way the anime covers all of the manga.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 17:02   Link #134
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
I checked and the manga has (at least) 15 volumes. So there's no way the anime covers all of the manga.

Judging from younganimal's homepage, Air Master Vol. 21! will be released in the end of March and there's still no end in sight...at least i didn't find any hints in the description of it.
I guess it's time to save some money for an Air Master manga-shopping blowout^^ *makes mental note*
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 22:36   Link #135
Edo

Quote:
Judging from younganimal's homepage, Air Master Vol. 21! will be released in the end of March and there's still no end in sight...at least i didn't find any hints in the description of it.
I guess it's time to save some money for an Air Master manga-shopping blowout^^ *makes mental note*
I got a good feeling from the ending but I was left with too many questions, like WTF just happened...

Trying to make sense of things, so he is part of this nonhuman tribe that lives for a long time, and he has super powers and beats maki real bad and dissapears... But Maki walks away fine?

I hope their is a season 2, can someone link to a website with manga summaries and etc?

Too many questions.
Edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 06:10   Link #136
Time_Stop

Quote:
Higher ratings than most "popular" stuff nowadays, like Stellvia and the like.

And iīm waiting for a different groupīs 27. Donīt want to waste my time with AJīs "mass naked child events" level of subs.
Time_Stop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 09:09   Link #137
marin

OMG WTF?!!

marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 13:58   Link #138
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time_Stop

And iīm waiting for a different groupīs 27. Donīt want to waste my time with AJīs "mass naked child events" level of subs.
some of AJ's translations are weird but I have to go with them because they use nice fonts. Darkanime has that horrible orange font, I wonder why they keep using that thing.
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-19, 17:34   Link #139
skillosopher
Dr. J

Send a message via AIM to skillosopher
this by far was the best episode. minaguchi yuki is my dream girl, i want to know what happens with her, if she survives or not. and airmaster looks like she finishes with 2 losses in a row! anyway...im hate to see this series go.

im waiting for AonE&HQA&N! im optimistic, so i'll wait for good quality fansubs.
skillosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-19, 19:17   Link #140
Hiou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time_Stop

You are sad sad person, to keep judging a group on something, they are not happy with. I seriously doubt u can do any better than the Japanese Translator that messed up that line. Dont act like your shit dont stink. And dont be afraid of new AJ releases. That translator is no longer there, so there is no need for you people to be stupid nemore

So get a life and enjoy your FREE FANSUBS. You should be so lucky.
Hiou is offline   Reply With Quote