AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-06-15, 12:27   Link #21
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I love Easy Allies. Their E3 impression streams have been great and hilarious.

--

The game has been confirmed to have both English and Japanese voices, so that's cool.
I love how during the presentations they are either super hyped or super down on things, then when theu actually play the games it's all hype even for the things they hated during the presentations. Also, Huber could easily sell water to a fish.

-----------

I hope the roster covers a lot more than just up to Buu saga.
Old 2017-06-15, 12:53   Link #22
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I love how during the presentations they are either super hyped or super down on things, then when theu actually play the games it's all hype even for the things they hated during the presentations. Also, Huber could easily sell water to a fish.
the late night streams where they're all tired and delirious are also pretty great

Last edited by blakstealth; 2017-06-15 at 13:21.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 13:13   Link #23
Chosen_Hero

^True.

I am the only one tired of seeing Golden Frieza on everything? I mean, I would have been fine with it in this games reveal if Goku and Vegeta were also in their God forms, but between the anime and this it's getting a bit too ridiculous.
Old 2017-06-15, 13:52   Link #24
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Since this game is called Dragon Ball FighterZ, I'm pretty sure the roster will be composed of Z characters for the most part at least. And since this is an Arc System title, the roster won't be huge either. Quality over quantity.
Old 2017-06-15, 15:18   Link #25
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I love Easy Allies. Their E3 impression streams have been great and hilarious.
Quote:
1st off--always a pleasure to see fellow easy allies fans. Secondly, yes...Huber's amazing. The guy could probably sell me the flu. I swear I find myself sometimes imitating the guy when I try to get hyped about something to my friends. His enthusiasm can be contagious to put it mildly.

Quote:
^True.

I am the only one tired of seeing Golden Frieza on everything? I mean, I would have been fine with it in this games reveal if Goku and Vegeta were also in their God forms, but between the anime and this it's getting a bit too ridiculous.
I'm expecting to see SSGod or Blue somewhere in this game if they saw fit to include Golden Frieza. I know they were probably justifying his inclusion since Golden Frieza appeared in what was technically a DBZ movie before that arc became canon in super. With that said, SSGod and SSBlue should also be included by that logic.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 16:16   Link #26
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
1st off--always a pleasure to see fellow easy allies fans. Secondly, yes...Huber's amazing. The guy could probably sell me the flu. I swear I find myself sometimes imitating the guy when I try to get hyped about something to my friends. His enthusiasm can be contagious to put it mildly.

I'm expecting to see SSGod or Blue somewhere in this game if they saw fit to include Golden Frieza. I know they were probably justifying his inclusion since Golden Frieza appeared in what was technically a DBZ movie before that arc became canon in super. With that said, SSGod and SSBlue should also be included by that logic.
It sure is, other people in videogames media could definitely use some of it.

I expect them to add them, but my fear is that they will make them into separate characters since these versions of them can't even transform into Super Saiyan God. Clones are never a good thing since they make the roster feel empty. Also, I hope "Monaka" is in the roster, that would be funny to see.
Old 2017-06-15, 22:47   Link #27
Shadow5YA

I'd rather they not include every single transformation from the franchise. That leads to a lot of clones and balancing issues that have plagued the games for decades.

Keeping the characters limited to one form is perfectly fine by me. I'm satisfied ArcSys chose SSJ2 Gohan from the Cell Saga to represent his character. While it's obvious the roster has room to grow (Future Trunks, Piccolo, etc.), being too faithful to the lore will lead to a broken game.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-16, 18:37   Link #28
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'd rather they not include every single transformation from the franchise. That leads to a lot of clones and balancing issues that have plagued the games for decades.
They could make certain forms alternate outfits/palette swaps for all I care. And with the way SSB has been treated in super lately, a mere palette swap for the standard SSJ form seems just fine. lol

Speaking of which, it looks like we may be getting characters from more than just DBZ.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comment...iew_with_devs/

Fast forward to 6:02.

Without flat out confirming anyone specific, this developer interview basically confirmed that we can look forward to characters from GT and Super.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-16, 21:21   Link #29
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

So the closed beta has been underway and I got in a few fights despite the servers being destroyed by lag. The gameplay is amazing as expected from ArcSys and among the best, if not the best for a DB fighter.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-16, 21:48   Link #30
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Without flat out confirming anyone specific, this developer interview basically confirmed that we can look forward to characters from GT and Super.
That does not in any way confirm GT.

The most Hiroki stated was that characters would not be limited to just DBZ. Because they want to appeal to dragonball fans of every age and era, all that confirms is Super because it's currently airing and would serve as promotion for the anime and manga. Even with that aside, Frieza's Golden form was in the game, and he was one of the first characters in the roster anyway.

GT has long been over, so there is much less incentive to include that. Currently it's not even a guarantee that movie characters will show up.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-16, 22:05   Link #31
GDB

Been watching TFS stream the beta today. Haven't really noticed any server issues on their end. The game looks beautiful and the battles look fluid as hell. As someone who doesn't really care for fighting games outside of "party" fighting games, I'm really excited about this one. Sure, it's basically MvC with DBZ, but it's MvC with DBZ!
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-16, 22:15   Link #32
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Not sure if they're server issues but sometimes I'll be waiting over 25 minutes for a match to start. Although these lobbies are full to the brim and it's a beta, so it's fine. I would say Buu is my least favorite character to play so far, with Piccolo and Frieza being my favorites. Hoping for at least a few Super characters, seeing as Tien, Yamcha, and a new Toriyama designed OC Android 21 just got announced today.
Old 2017-09-16, 22:55   Link #33
GDB

That's really odd. Longest I've seen TFS wait is about 30 seconds, be it in a full room or one that isn't even a third full.
Old 2017-09-16, 22:59   Link #34
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I think it's the version of the beta I'm playing. I signed up for PS4 but never got invited, but was selected to play on Xbox One, so here I am. Seems they're having problems.
Old 2017-09-16, 23:18   Link #35
GDB

Oh, you were on Xbox. Yeah, word was they were having the worst sorts of issues.
Old 2018-02-10, 10:35   Link #36
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Got to play the game today! First impression: I really wanted to play a whole lot more. The battle system is reminiscent of the MvC series, but all the DB gimmicks are in there too. Launches, rush attacks, ki blasts, a few special moves per character -more than I'd expected, really- and combination attacks with certain teams. Ki bars filling up to 7, with specials costing up to 3 bars per cast...and if you get 30+ hit combos, you have a chance to get a dragonball: after getting all 7 and perform a straight combo with max ki, you actually summon the dragon for a wish! Immortality and ultimate power sound nice, but "revive my allies" has never been more awesome. Complete table turner, I love the concept.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 05:08   Link #37
catZAripper

Waiting for a sale on this..
Old 2018-03-23, 21:32   Link #38
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catZAripper View Post
Waiting for a sale on this..
Waiting for a sale of the complete edition of this.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote