AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-21, 20:36   Link #1141
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Missing the point... if Koizumi had been a slider, he would have been from another dimension entirely.

Also, Closed Space is a form of pocket space within the normal universe, not another reality.
Agreed. I view Closed Space that was as well.
Old 2009-09-21, 20:43   Link #1142
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Missing the point... if Koizumi had been a slider, he would have been from another dimension entirely.

Also, Closed Space is a form of pocket space within the normal universe, not another reality.
I know that, Kaisos. The point is, if Itsuki was a slider, he could be able to travel to another dimensions, including the Closed Space. What I am saying, is going to the Closed Space could be just a consequence of he coming from another dimension. This would probably mean falling in stop the Shinjis would probably affect other dimensions as well. I am not saying Itsuki born in the Closed Space.

Also the Closed Space may be a pocket space, now. However, it isn't hard to think it is originally another reallity. Also, calling it 'another reallity' might not be wrong. Yuki did say Kyon and Haruhi vanished from the world at Melancholy.
Old 2009-09-21, 20:44   Link #1143
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Hmm, true.

I just feel that Koizumi's role as Mr. Exposition could easily have been played by, say, Nagato. Hell, she shares that role half the time anyway.
Old 2009-09-21, 20:49   Link #1144
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Hmm, true.

I just feel that Koizumi's role as Mr. Exposition could easily have been played by, say, Nagato. Hell, she shares that role half the time anyway.
Koizumi's meant to be the Philosopher King: The "right brain" guy who states his theories in poetic riddles.

Nagato's meant to be the Genius Scientist: The "left brain" girl who states things in perfectly accurate and detailed hard science ways.

They present the same information but in different ways. Kind of lets the reader/watcher evaluate the information from different perspectives and/or focuses.

That's how I see it, anyway.
Old 2009-09-21, 20:51   Link #1145
Heatth

Quote:
Hmm, true.

This is totally true. I have to say Itsuki could very well be a aftertought character, as you said.

However, we kinda missed the point with all of it. We were discussing why Itsuki don't appear much in the story, or why he don't have much development.

I have to say it is kinda pointless. Even if he was created as a replacement, Tanigawa had many years to think in something. Also, seeing the current books, I say the Organization seens to be a big role in the most recent story. So I kind aexpect something from Koizumi soon.
Old 2009-09-24, 01:43   Link #1146
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So we have left brain and right brain, and finally the swiss cheese that is Mikuru.
Old 2009-09-24, 07:43   Link #1147
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
So we have left brain and right brain, and finally the swiss cheese that is Mikuru.
LOL

Good one.

Anyway, I kind of agree with Heatth... unless there's some big twist planned with Koizumi for which keeping his characterization a bit in the dark is needed to eventual deliver the twist in a plot-consistent way, I'd also like to see a bit more focus on Koizumi and fleshing out of his character. Even if he needs to continue to be a mysterious transfer student for Haruhi, he doesn't need to be that for Kyon and the reader.

When you're watching a costumed hero, eventually you like to see behind the mask...
Old 2009-09-25, 00:43   Link #1148
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That's what I always thought! That "slider" meant "dimensional slider" not "alternate reality slider". Given how time travel works in this anime/novel, the idea of an alternate reality slider struck me as kind of odd... there doesn't appear to be alternate realities (well, except maybe one) in this anime/novel.
Spoiler for Volume 9:

Quote:
More like the right brain, the left brain, and the horny, primitive back brain (at least in how she affects others).
Old 2009-09-27, 13:56   Link #1149
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
I'm still slightly confused about Vol. 9.

Spoiler for Vol. 9:
Old 2009-09-27, 14:08   Link #1150
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwhite View Post
I'm still slightly confused about Vol. 9.

Spoiler for Vol. 9:
Yeah, that's exactly it.
Old 2009-09-27, 14:10   Link #1151
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
Ah...hm, must re-read now.

EDIT:
Hm, if that is the only difference, then

Spoiler for Vol. 9:

Last edited by Stormwhite; 2009-09-27 at 14:23.
Old 2009-09-27, 23:48   Link #1152
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwhite View Post
Ah...hm, must re-read now.

EDIT:
Hm, if that is the only difference, then

Spoiler for Vol. 9:
Spoiler for Volume 9:
Old 2009-09-30, 01:41   Link #1153
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Spoiler for Volume 9:
OBJECTION!!

Spoiler for Charmed:
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-10-01, 17:02   Link #1154
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
OBJECTION!!

Spoiler for Charmed:
Spoiler for volumes 4 and 8:
Old 2009-10-01, 17:08   Link #1155
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Spoiler for um... yeah:

*e* Furthermore...
Spoiler for Vol4, as well as a few things that were already shown:
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...

Last edited by Kogetsu Shirogane; 2009-10-01 at 17:29.
Old 2009-10-08, 16:26   Link #1156
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Okay, so, if Disappearance is a movie, what does that leave us with for S2?

Lessee.

Spoiler for spec:

That's 14 episodes, but Editor-In-Chief really isn't a good place to end a season on... I guess we could cut an episode of Intrigues, as a lot of it is just talking... That, or cut SMS down to one episode. And we can combine Cat, which is ridiculously short, with the Intrigues prologue...

Leaving us with...

Spoiler for more spec:

Something like that. Wandering Shadow is a perfect place to end a season on, as well, given that it's the last story of their first year.

Any thoughts on my reasoning?
Old 2009-10-08, 16:50   Link #1157
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

A new season wouldn't necessarily have to be 14 episodes either. Precedence would suggest 14 new episodes but you never know. A 12 episode season ending with Intrigues would be good imo.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-10-08, 16:57   Link #1158
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I suppose that depends on what day of the week it starts, and what holidays are present, since that seems to be the deturmining factor for season length.

Off chance for a 24-28 episode season if Book 10 is released. Since that will add two light novels to the list (but one story (two))
Old 2009-10-08, 17:00   Link #1159
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
A new season wouldn't necessarily have to be 14 episodes either. Precedence would suggest 14 new episodes but you never know. A 12 episode season ending with Intrigues would be good imo.
It's like, tradition now.

Intrigues isn't really an ending, if you ask me. Wandering Shadow is, at least in the same way that Someday in the Rain was.

Quote:
Off chance for a 24-28 episode season if Book 10 is released. Since that will add two light novels to the list (but one story (two))
Hmm, yeah, I can see that story lasting about 12 episodes, given the length of Vol. 9, which was only three chapters and that MASSIVE prologue.
Old 2009-10-08, 17:09   Link #1160
Heatth

Quote:
Okay, so, if Disappearance is a movie, what does that leave us with for S2?

Lessee.

Spoiler for spec:

That's 14 episodes, but Editor-In-Chief really isn't a good place to end a season on... I guess we could cut an episode of Intrigues, as a lot of it is just talking... That, or cut SMS down to one episode. And we can combine Cat, which is ridiculously short, with the Intrigues prologue...

Leaving us with...

Spoiler for more spec:

Something like that. Wandering Shadow is a perfect place to end a season on, as well, given that it's the last story of their first year.

Any thoughts on my reasoning?
I like your first list better. But I don't think Editor-In-Chief or Editor-In-Chief would end a season. Specially being both at last 2 episode long. (so it don't fit as 'after the end' as the last episode of Clannad)

Why do you think Wandering Shadow is a perfect place to end a season?

Quote:
I suppose that depends on what day of the week it starts, and what holidays are present, since that seems to be the deturmining factor for season length.

I am hoping for a 28 season. Intrigues is build up for Disassociation/Surprise, anyway.

Quote:
Intrigues isn't really an ending, if you ask me. Wandering Shadow is, at least in the same way that Someday in the Rain was.
You must remember Someday in the Rain don't was made to actually end the season. This episode was Melancholy VI. It has even an 'epilogue'. This is why I belive in a 28 episodes. Surprise will be, at last, a turning point. So an end here is fiting.
Closed Thread