AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 38 48.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 32.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 10.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-17, 02:57   Link #81
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Giving this episode a 9/10.

What a way to start the final arc. I haven't laughed this much ever since Yakusamashi-hen with all the "running gags" and the auauau~ overload. Hanyuu is definitely cute beyond words. And she is pretty much serious this time.

Despite being short, Akasaka sure had quite some screentime. It won't be a surprise if he joins the cause this time, something that I thought he would do back in Minagoroshi-hen.

And Gin-sama appears again. I honestly thought Miyo ditched her off when she had a chance. Heck, she seems to be a bigger evil than Miyo herself.

Can't wait for the next one.
Old 2007-11-17, 03:53   Link #82
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
An excellent way to kick things off for the final run against Takano's will. Throwing in Hanyuu as a distant relative of Rika to get her involved with the group. Was a bit strange that no one seemed to make mention of the horns. But maybe they thought it was some kind of cosplay and they weren't real? Either that or people were so taken in by Hanyuu's moe it didn't matter .

Was a surprise that Rika couldn't remember what happened last time around. She gave such an effort to imprint Takano into her being. But guess there isn't much power left in Hanyuu. Making herself solid is a big enough job as it is. But at least she could remember and because she is going to fight gave that information to Rika. Have to get some pieces for this fight there is no question there.

Surprised to see Akasaka back and ready to help. Finally he's going to play a role and try to respond to that cry for help Rika made those years ago. Might just be the one who can find the connection between Takano and the other group that want this annihilation to take place. Is going to require a monumental effort, but with him around anything can happen. A better stroke of luck than the world where his wife survived. While it's sad to have her die...he was around to hear Rika's request to be saved which matters.

Already making some moves by talking to Ire. Maybe get some doubts in his head and it could be a real pull to have him on side. Gotta love manga being the code word for private and serious conversations. In this case its' pretty smart though. Making use of the experience and thinking of her friends to try and find a strategy.

Rena...oh Rena. They even tried tying her down, but she still kept trying to take Hanyuu home .
Old 2007-11-17, 03:56   Link #83
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Spoiler for Episode Events:
That was rather interesting. She had told Takano that she was a member of the Koizumi faction that was trying to avenge the exploitation of Koizumi's legacy, but it seems she was lying at that time and that her objective is the complete opposite. I guess that she's been lying to Takano all along and plans to betray her in the end, which is certainly something that Takano would deserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Spoiler:
If she's merely manipulating Takano then it would make sense for her to give a fake name so that Takano or anyone else can't track her down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
How in the world did you find out about it? I didn't think that Hauu had a website O_O
He posts his subs on /a/ in 4chan.
Old 2007-11-17, 04:03   Link #84
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-17, 13:01   Link #85
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
How in the world did you find out about it? I didn't think that Hauu had a website O_O
He posts his subs on 4chan
Old 2007-11-17, 13:08   Link #86
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Ha ha ha... Rena crazyness orgy in the ep. Funny as usual and Hanyuu is damn cute. Haven't seen such cute character since Fairy of Snow Sugar. Yeah, I understand Rena, I'd have liked to take her home, too.

Anyway something left me quite... disturbed :
Spoiler for about Rika ::
Old 2007-11-17, 13:17   Link #87
Solafighter
Hige

Great episode!
Old 2007-11-17, 13:24   Link #88
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
Ha ha ha... Rena crazyness orgy in the ep. Funny as usual and Hanyuu is damn cute. Haven't seen such cute character since Fairy of Snow Sugar. Yeah, I understand Rena, I'd have liked to take her home, too.

Anyway something left me quite... disturbed :
Spoiler for about Rika ::
Can't blame Rena in the slightest. Think anyone would've wanted to take her home .

In terms of Rika. I've just been working under the assumption Hanyuu flung them back as far as possible to try and ensure every piece they could possibly have was at their disposal. While giving the information to Akasaka hadn't paid off in getting them saved before had to give it a shot.

Besides we saw it in the last arc. Akasaka got the warning about his wife and went back to save her. However Rika had only come around with a short amount of time before the festival.

Anyways now that Rika got that key information from Ire. She knows exactly how much is riding on winning this time. If they fail then the village will be annihilated and everyone dies.
Old 2007-11-17, 15:52   Link #89
Kazuki_Kun

Great ep, loved the Rena/Hanyuu bits.

One thing that's bugging me, though. Where's Shion? ;-;
Old 2007-11-17, 16:14   Link #90
June 1983

Rika doesn't lose her past worlds' memories, only the memories just before her death. She still remembers everything else.

I'm not sure exactly what else happened ... it looks to me like in this reality, Hanyuu was able to send them far back again, but I'm still uncertain.

HOWEVER ... even if this is not the case, I'm kind of wondering if even when Rika is sent back not very far, in the past her trips back in time have still happened?

What I mean is:

Earlier on, Rika goes back to, say, 1977. She tells Akasaka stuff in 78, dies in 83, and gets brought back again, and comes back maybe in 1978. Then in 1979. Etc, etc. But everytime she does back she's still going back and "merging" with a Rika who has already gone back in time.

The flaw I see with this is that it would result in more consistency in the events of the worlds. That is, there would be less variables as she was sent back with less and less time, because certain things would already be set in stone by the time she got back. Actually, that kind of makes sense anyway, because that's sort of what would have to happen if what Hanyuu is doing is sending them back in time and creating new realities each time, rather than sending them to alternate realities where different things are occurring. Since we don't really know at what point each of the chapters are taking place in terms of Rika's entire lifespan, the huge variances (Shion being there, Keichii not being there, etc) could be the result of however much time Rika was able to go back to in that reality.

In that case though, it wouldn't make sense for Shion not to be in school with them in Matsuribayoshi-hen when she was there during Minagoroshi-hen. So that kind of blows that theory out of the water. Well -- unless of course Shion isn't there because in this reality, Hanyuu really was able to send them back really far, and therefore different choices were made about her ...
Old 2007-11-17, 18:31   Link #91
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Seeing as though this is the final arc... wow, we finally see Rena at full power. I do like how Keiichi looks good with neko ears....

Anyway, as expected this episode was no disappointment. We didn't even need telling that this was the start of the last story, the pacing and how it was all set out did that job for us. Especially Oishi's "I'LL GIVE IT ALL I'VE GOT!" and when Takano appeared. Not to mention Rika and her manga.

I seriously can't wait to see what's going to happen in the next few episodes, the wait each week is going to make this even more enjoyable.

Spoiler for Preview for episode 20:
Old 2007-11-17, 18:44   Link #92
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Guess they felt it was important to try and hold Rena back from taking Hanyuu home. Going all out on binding her up, though it didn't help for very long .
Spoiler for Ep20:
Old 2007-11-17, 18:46   Link #93
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
In that case though, it wouldn't make sense for Shion not to be in school with them in Matsuribayoshi-hen when she was there during Minagoroshi-hen. So that kind of blows that theory out of the water. Well -- unless of course Shion isn't there because in this reality, Hanyuu really was able to send them back really far, and therefore different choices were made about her ...
Just think what happened in Minagoroshi-hen in stark contrast with the other chapters: Akasaka believed Rika and saved Yukie, making him "useless" as he never heard the happy "murders foretelling".

When Rika "returns back in the time", any actions she did in the past is "set in stone". However, some factors can lead into different consequences.
Akasaka's situation is the best example.
Rika's action: warn Akasaka, asking him to get back to Tokyo.
Possibilities:
1) very very low: Akasaka trusted Rika's "intuition" and saves Yukie.
2) most of the time: Akasaka stays in Hinamizawa.

From point 2, there are various possibilities (Akasaka dies against the yamainu, etc).

AND THEN, some factors might make him remember about what Rika told him, the bizarre incidents in Hinamizawa.

Hanyuu's powers must be considered as a "reset the worlds, with factors shaping the most redundant points, while random factors kick in".
The later point is uncontrollable, and lead to some very different consequences (exemple: the "doll" scene).
When Hanyuu's "reboot" everything, changing into another "reality" or "dimension" (rather than timeline), the world itself is shaped with some randomization and "luck".
Thus, some events can be avoided and such. In such regards, Shion may or may not be with everyone, that really depends of everything. (as you can see, several batshit events might happen at the SAME TIME. I think some people might know what i'm talking about)
Old 2007-11-17, 18:50   Link #94
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep20:
Spoiler for Episode 20:
Old 2007-11-17, 20:18   Link #95
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Rika's manga writing hypothetical to try to understand Takano's motives was brilliant on her part, and it was a very clever way to show the audience the motivations of the conspirators, particularly Suigintou. I'm really glad Suigintou, I mean Takagi, hasn't been forgotten in all of this, since I'd say she's the most important antagonist in all of this. Takano may have been the one who's actions caused the great disaster, but she also is having her strings pulled by an even greater manipulator. I'm just a bit disappointed that Takagi won't get the same amount of analysis as Takano got.

Overall, another amazing episode. Hasn't this series just been a gem.
Old 2007-11-17, 21:13   Link #96
Fychan

Send a message via MSN to Fychan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Hanyuu's powers must be considered as a "reset the worlds, with factors shaping the most redundant points, while random factors kick in".
The later point is uncontrollable, and lead to some very different consequences (exemple: the "doll" scene).
Well, I think it is explained by now, but I wanted to make some examples...
Spoiler for OT - Examples:

But... I though Rika's foretelling to Akasaka happened only in a few worlds. Is it something already setted?

As for the episode... I liked it, but even if I'm not a game player I felt some parts were rushed. Specially Rika's talking with Irie and Hanyuu...
But the last part is brilliant. Rika is a genius...
And it seems that Takano is going to be back stabbed I... feel sorry for her. But I really wanna see her reaction after HGD in others chapters now...
Old 2007-11-17, 21:41   Link #97
Rias

Rika fortells the exact dates of the 4 years of murders incidents, and her own death which she's not sure the exact date of. These murder events has always happened in every previous arcs.
Old 2007-11-17, 22:56   Link #98
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I guess I am the only who was quite disappointed by this episode. Maybe I was in too cynical mood when I watched it.

Hanyuu just decides to quit being just a spectator and takes a human form without much explanation. Why didn't she do that earlier? She remembered Takano being the culprit which has never happened before - way too convenient. Irie tells Rika about the contigency plan to exterminate Hinamizawa's population just like that. Mion is suddenly Sherlock Holmes and figures out the faction rivalry in the Tokyo group. Akasaka happens to return to Hinamizawa in time for the final showdown. Everyone "remembers' Hanyuu. Too many coincidences and convenient plot developments for my taste.

Hanyuu is way too moe-cute. I can't take her seriously at all.

And last but not least, too little screentime for Suigintou again.

Old 2007-11-17, 23:11   Link #99
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I guess I am the only who was quite disappointed by this episode. Maybe I was in too cynical mood when I watched it.

Hanyuu just decides to quit being just a spectator and takes a human form without much explanation. Why didn't she do that earlier? She remembered Takano being the culprit which has never happened before - way too convenient. Irie tells Rika about the contigency plan to exterminate Hinamizawa's population just like that. Mion is suddenly Sherlock Holmes and figures out the faction rivalry in the Tokyo group. Akasaka happens to return to Hinamizawa in time for the final showdown. Everyone "remembers' Hanyuu. Too many coincidences and convenient plot developments for my taste.

actually wasnt like nearly all the questions you put at explained at pieces =/ ? cept for everyone 'remembers' hanyuu.

also yes, she is a little god :P
Old 2007-11-17, 23:46   Link #100
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post

Well maybe it was being in a cynical mood . Most of the things weren't touigh to figure out from my position.

With Hanyuu not taking human form earlier. They certainly went over why she wanted to get involved and quit just standing around. I'd guess that turning into that form takes up some real energy that she didn't want to use before. They had been waiting for the right world that could allow them to finally win. But Hanyuu realized that sitting around isn't going to get you the victory. Seeing how hard everyone tried and the encouragement to join them pushed her to fight. So even if it used up some of the reserves it had to be done.

For remembering Takano. Well most of the times they had been drugged up so of course they never remembered. We saw the connection earlier in the series with the food so drugs would probably work the same way on both. But the last time they had avoided that and Rika had done everything to burn that memory into her mind. While the low reserves prohibited Rika remembering and nearly Hanyuu, Takano in all her creepiness did a nice job jogging the memory.

I'd admit the Ire bit did seem a little easy. Do wonder what on earth Rika asked to get the answer out of him. But I guess because she encouraged him with giving Satoko the treatment a few episodes ago he felt more able to be open with her and tell her more about things.

Don't think Mion is too bad. As some said she has a lot of experience being in the Sonozoki clan and being prepared to be the head. So heavier things like political maneuvering and conspiracies might be easier for her to wrap her head around than for the others.

Akasaka...Well I'd go with the obvious that seeing Hinamizawa in the file of the case that had been dropped triggered the memory. Digging in a bit out he found that all the cases had turned out perfectly so he had to head out. Do think if they added a piece about him it'd be even more obvious why he was out there.

Maybe you could call some convenient, but it's not like there aren't explanations for them. Besides we're talking a small girl going up against Takano and a massive conspiracy like this. A bit of help from the powers at be 'even more than Hanyuu ' can't hurt things.