AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-26, 18:54   Link #21
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It's on the first post of the thread. A t-shirt, a mug, some posters, some cd jackets, some postcards.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 09:41   Link #22
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
View Post
Wasn't there this old joke about the entire staff of Key having a fetish for flat chests?

Would explain Loli Busters...
Haruka, Yuiko, Komari, Kanata and Saya called: they are rather angry and want a piece of you Wait ... - that is the majority of Little Busters female cast ... guess the joke doesn't apply

As for the Memorial Box ... i have to say, that is a very tempting offer. Well worth considering for that price, which is quite abysmal for all that content. I wonder if it will get me past my stinginess ... sorely tempted.
Old 2009-04-27, 10:05   Link #23
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Haruka, Yuiko, Komari, Kanata and Saya called: they are rather angry and want a piece of you Wait ... - that is the majority of Little Busters female cast ... guess the joke doesn't apply

As for the Memorial Box ... i have to say, that is a very tempting offer. Well worth considering for that price, which is quite abysmal for all that content. I wonder if it will get me past my stinginess ... sorely tempted.
I would say it would better to calculate your expenses. I did a price check with a proxy (Zipangu Treasures), then multiplied it with my local exchange rate, and it turned out to be a OMGWTFBBQ $273 in my local currency (at 1.52 exchange rate, costs 17567 yen in total), MINUS shipping. The service charge is pretty okay for a proxy but it is the exchange rate that screws me up. It used to be at 1.27 the last time I bought something from Japan, but in a week or so I was hoping it would drop to 1.48 and would be easier on my wallet.

Plus it is such a big box of CDs I am sure the customs would make as much noise as possible (I got hauled to court before for importing something which makes them suspect is hentai......) with regards to the import.....not sure if $300 is worth that risk.

EDIT : Wait, it says it will be launched in July. Is this pre-order the only chance to get the extras or can we wait until the launch date?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2009-04-27 at 10:26.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 11:43   Link #24
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Isn't that the shopped picture? I was sure the original character art had her with green eyes (too green in my opinion)
Yeah it's shopped, the original looked like this
Spoiler for image:

Though for what is... I guess we just have to wait until the radio show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
EDIT : Wait, it says it will be launched in July. Is this pre-order the only chance to get the extras or can we wait until the launch date?
Key's only going to make as many copies of the box as they're pre-orders.
This by noway means if you don't pre-order it, you won't be able to buy it.
You'll just have to pay much much more for it. For example the only reason I would bye it would be because I'd be able to sell it for 2x the price (or more) on Yahoo Auction.jp
Old 2009-04-27, 12:53   Link #25
Shadow Kira01

Not sure if this has been mentioned here but..

They added "FES" to the title, just like Persona 3 FES.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 12:55   Link #26
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

That just means Festival
Old 2009-04-27, 13:46   Link #27
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wouldn't the title "Memorial Box" suggest that Key is dead?
Old 2009-04-27, 14:05   Link #28
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Errr... it just makes sense with 10th anniversary you know...
Old 2009-04-28, 16:15   Link #29
sekihoutai

I would like to preorder this. I have never ordered anything from another country through another way. What is the easiest and/or cheapest way possible? I read the thread and saw that himeya was pricey compared to others. How do I order through a deputy, I have never done this before. I have used playasia before but not for something this large.

Also is it possible to get one if I know someone going to Japan during the summer? Will I have to preorder it and he could pick it up or would he have to find a copy and purchase it there?

I am sorry with all the questions since I am new with ordering things from another country.
sekihoutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 16:34   Link #30
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The best way to pay the least for this kind of purchase is indeed the service of a deputy company (or if you are extra lucky, asking to an acquaintance that is over there already for quite some time).
For this, I believe reading the site would be enough, but perhaps proto can give more guidelines for that ordeal.

Yes, you will have to pre-order the game, before the 13th may. Key will not provide the games through shops and all. Instead, they are basically making as many boxes as the orders they received, then they will deliver the ordered games on July. Which means that if you don't order that, you will be forced to look for it in auction sites, which will be a serious chore (at least double price if you are "lucky").
It will be a rare item as they limited the number of copies (5 copies per person max).

and as far as the pre-ordering go, you will need to have a valid address upon preordering the said item. Fortunately, you only pay upon delivery, not as soon as you order it.
So, I believe that it will be a bit troublesome if your acquaintance isn't in Japan already.
Old 2009-05-01, 16:53   Link #31
Proto

It's pretty much straighforward. You can read a tutorial on how to place an order here. Other than that, on JAA's order page you only have to put the memorial box order URL provided in the first link, and input the cost of the item with shipping (15600 yens). You also have to have a Paypal account, since it is the only payment method they accept.
Old 2009-05-05, 13:08   Link #32
sekihoutai

Thanks for the help.
sekihoutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 18:21   Link #33
GrafEisen

Shipping rates and weight?

For the purpose of calculating shipping costs, does anyone have an estimate for how much the Memorial Box would weigh? 5 lb (2.3 kg)? I was originally thinking of getting it from JAA, but I found that if it weighs any more than 1.0 kg, it will be $209 compared to the $208 that Himeya offers. Does Himeya's price include shipping or not? I'm excited; this will be my first VN! .

Last edited by GrafEisen; 2009-05-05 at 19:04.
GrafEisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 20:46   Link #34
Proto

No, the Himeya price does not include shipping. You can expect the shipping to be at least $19, which is what they charge for single disks.
Old 2009-05-05, 23:45   Link #35
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I wanna know what the extra items look like. The box set is an actually a deal if you narrow down the prices for brand new each. Sure if you go to your local bookoff or Mandarake you can get them 2nd hand and in very nice shape but for those who want them brand new.

I was expecting the boxset to be alot more.

As well there is support for Vista which I don't know if previous kanon and AIR releaes had.

I thought Na-Ga's design too looked like Haruhi. I hope she is different. Knowing Jun is in charge of story I think her story will be better.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 01:37   Link #36
evilr00t
*Fansubber

I'm a moron, and I'm crossing my fingers that the last-minute order from JAA is going to go through

Himeya's is "sold out", apparently. So I have this one shot at getting it...

EDIT:
I got it.

Also, deadline is extended a week.

Last edited by evilr00t; 2009-05-12 at 11:13.
evilr00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 22:12   Link #37
Kudryavka

Question for evilr00t/Proto:
How long did it take for JAA to send you emails confirming that they were gonna buy the item for you?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 22:27   Link #38
Proto

For me it was 2-3 hours, but you also have to consider the time difference in Japan and more or less calculate if they are in working hours when you place the order.

First they will send you an invoice requiring payment for the item. If you are fast enough in paying for the service, they will proceed to buy your item and get back at you in less then 2 hours.
Old 2009-05-12, 22:48   Link #39
Kudryavka

Thanks, Proto.
So JAA does all the registering and preordering stuff on Key's ordering site for you, right? And all you do is pay now and wait?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 23:12   Link #40
Proto

Yep, that's correct.