AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-11-25, 20:20   Link #681
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Lightbulb

I just got done watching "Nowhere Boy" its about John Lennon's (Former Beatles) teenage years starting a band, and the start of his journey to becoming a successful musician. I'm not sure why, but this reminds me ALOT like the story k-on , sorta like a male perspective. If you like K-On! your going to like this movie! or if you like the Beatles. (me) After watching this movie, it boosted my motivation me to start a band, and to keep playing music. Kinda like how K-on!! did to me. I recommend watching the movie !, plus its awesome cus it shows how the Beatles become to be!

John Lennon Lead Guitar is sorta like Yui but alot more hardcore , i also noticed Johns doodles remind me of the light music club's drawings lol

Paul McCartney Guitar/Bass player is like Mio or Azusa just because how chill both of them are, and both are really good at playing there interment. Also Paul teaching John, Mio/Azusa teaching Yui. Paul is lefty like Mio, and sings really good, yet he lets John sing most the time, just like how Mio is really good at singing yet she lets Yui sing most of the time. What really catches me of the story, is that THE WAY HOW PAUL GOT INTO THE BAND IS THE SAME AS AZUSA GETTING INTO THERE BAND! after the bands play there gigs both characters are watching with inspiration, and went to find that band then performing really good in front of them. I SERIOUSLY think that there are alot of aspects of K-on that came from the Beatles story and how they started. (formal uniforms look the same too >;D)

which brings me to the conclusion that K-ON!! fate will end up the same way as Beatles (story wise)

start a band in high school -----> continue on to uni GET REALLY BIG ---> band breaks up, and later start there own bands

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2010-11-25 at 21:27.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 05:24   Link #682
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/k-on/spec...ent110220.html
The ~Come With Me!!~Live event will be held on 20th February 2011 at Saitama Super Arena.
Old 2010-11-26, 05:58   Link #683
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
The ~Come With Me!!~Live event will be held on 20th February 2011 at Saitama Super Arena.
Looking at the cast list:
Quote:
豊崎愛生(平沢 唯 役)
日笠陽子(秋山 澪 役)
佐藤聡美(田井中 律 役)
寿 美菜子(琴吹 紬 役)
竹達彩奈(中野 梓 役)
真田アサミ(山中さわ子 役)
米澤 円(平沢 憂 役)
藤東知夏(真鍋 和 役)
永田 依子(鈴木 純 役)
浅川 悠(川口 紀美 役)
I don't recognise this last name. Is it Norimi from S2 Ep10? If so, why is the kanji different? (河口 紀美(かわぐち のりみ))
Old 2010-11-26, 07:06   Link #684
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
To compare capacities:

Budokan: 14,200
Yokahama Arena (Let's Go): 17,000
Saitama Super Arena: 37,000

Whoa.

Personal sidnote: Darn, why couldn't they hold the concert a couple of months later, when I'll be significantly closer to the area...
Old 2010-11-26, 07:16   Link #685
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
To compare capacities:

Budokan: 14,200
Yokahama Arena (Let's Go): 17,000
Saitama Super Arena: 37,000

Whoa.

Personal sidnote: Darn, why couldn't they hold the concert a couple of months later, when I'll be significantly closer to the area...
I've been wondering why the show won't be held in Budokan to make a similarity to the series. I see.... so that's the reason.

And about the last name on the cast. I don't know ^^; I can't read Japanese, and I've no clue who it'll be. I guess we must wait for the english translated news.
Old 2010-11-26, 07:28   Link #686
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

There is a reason to live yet again past Saturday the 19th of February, 2011....
Old 2010-11-26, 08:24   Link #687
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Looking at the cast list:

I don't recognise this last name. Is it Norimi from S2 Ep10? If so, why is the kanji different? (河口 紀美(かわぐち のりみ))
Yes, it appears to be her: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ple.php?id=336
Old 2010-11-26, 12:28   Link #688
Goggen

Guess a performance of "Love" is a safe bet, then. Not that I'd have assumed otherwise before, but...
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 16:45   Link #689
Sparvid
*hic*

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...n-model-school
Quote:
The town of Toyosato posted a notice last Friday about the numerous recent incidents of bad behavior among the visitors and users of the former campus of Toyosato Elementary School — the real-life model for the K-ON! anime's school. In particular, the town in Shiga Prefecture cited the times that the broadcasting equipment and piano in the auditorium were used without permission. The town also reported that graffiti were discovered on the premises.

Toyosato has kept the campus open as a public facility for people to freely use, but the town warned that if these incidents continue, it will consider closing the campus down. The town noted that the campus is highly valued as a cultural landmark since it was designed by the respected architect William Merrell Vories, and it asked visitors to conduct themselves respectfully while there.
Dammit, stop ruining things for the rest of us!
Old 2010-12-21, 00:54   Link #690
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...n-model-school

Dammit, stop ruining things for the rest of us!

i bet they won't stop.. DX
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 20:40   Link #691
netvope
SOS-Dan

Sorry for going a bit off-topic =)

Have you ever heard of a fan-made project to create an animation for Houkago-TeaTime@Budokan? I'm probably day-dreaming but I don't want to miss the 0.0001% chance that it exist. Since the manga material for that doesn't exist, and KyoAni probably wouldn't create it, the only way to fulfill Yui/Azusa/Mio/Mugi/Ritsu's dream is for the fans to create it. Though, it would be exceedingly difficult, I guess...

I'm not optimistic that they will announce a 3rd season after the concert. Do you think the Japanese otaku or anybody would be interested and motivated to work on such a project?
netvope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 22:38   Link #692
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by netvope View Post
Sorry for going a bit off-topic =)

Have you ever heard of a fan-made project to create an animation for Houkago-TeaTime@Budokan? I'm probably day-dreaming but I don't want to miss the 0.0001% chance that it exist. Since the manga material for that doesn't exist, and KyoAni probably wouldn't create it, the only way to fulfill Yui/Azusa/Mio/Mugi/Ritsu's dream is for the fans to create it. Though, it would be exceedingly difficult, I guess...

I'm not optimistic that they will announce a 3rd season after the concert. Do you think the Japanese otaku or anybody would be interested and motivated to work on such a project?
i have an idea for an Entourage/Flight of the Conchords-based manga featuring Hokago Tea Time where they all moved to New york after college and perform as an indie band where they open for acts like Arcade Fire and Mars Volta and performing at SXSW and Glastonbury. And then they get their music to appear in teen TV shows and Twilight films (ala Muse) and their fame finally goes back to their roots, Japan as they finally perform at Budokan in the end.

I always consider HTT to be something the New York indie scene could enjoy. I want to expand on that idea more. K-on! as an Entourage-styled series would be an amazing fit. It's like a mix of MGMT and Wondergirls, in the Big Apple.

There will also be some interesting subplots where the band struggles to survive by having jobs including:
-Mio & Yui become part-time models while being bassist & guitarist for HTT
-Yui and Azusa work as a part-time club DJ duo after band gigs and runway jobs.
-Ui follows Yui & the gang to New York and enrols in NYU as a film student
-Ritsu decides to enrol in a fashion design academy after seeing Mio & Yui doing runway while drumming for HTT
-Tsumugi becomes a top socialite, hanging out with Hollywood celebrities and billionaires and using her influence to gain gigs for Hokago tea Time.

This is what i see in K-On.

And yes i have huge hipster cred for listening to Arcade Fire and MGMT, but since they're famous now i only listen to Baroque-Reggae Metal from Hokkaido. I'm so hipster.

Last edited by Taufiq91; 2010-12-22 at 00:20.
Taufiq91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 13:37   Link #693
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Warning Bells!!

The major challenge here if you take the story to America is to keep these MOST un-K-ON elements out of it:

Sex
Cynicism
Hate

Because American teen dramas just LOVES to destroy innocence, idealism and love for the sake of "cold realism"

Innocence, hope and friendship is the heart that defines EVERYTHING K-ON!! stands for: The SECOND any of the aforementioned Americanisms is introduced into the thematic narrative, is THE second it ceases to be K-ON!!
Old 2010-12-22, 16:56   Link #694
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Warning Bells!!

The major challenge here if you take the story to America is to keep these MOST un-K-ON elements out of it:

Sex
Cynicism
Hate

Because American teen dramas just LOVES to destroy innocence, idealism and love for the sake of "cold realism"

Innocence, hope and friendship is the heart that defines EVERYTHING K-ON!! stands for: The SECOND any of the aforementioned Americanisms is introduced into the thematic narrative, is THE second it ceases to be K-ON!!
^ lol unless it was a Daisey Channel teen drama.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 17:34   Link #695
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Warning Bells!!

Sex
Cynicism
Hate

Don't worry bro. New Yorkers aren't that cynical to begin with.

Although new York is filled with jerkassses, the people are not that rude and if you gained their respect, they won't hate you at all. Places like Central Park pretty much illustrates my point.

But the sex thing is gonna be mild. I might add in relationships, but the sex is basically something majority of adults in New Yorkers do in a relationship and not the overexaggerated BS you see in American teen shows. So yeah, i'll keep it mild. And there won't be any nudity at all.
Old 2010-12-30, 14:23   Link #696
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Ura-ON!! 6

Lesson of the day: do NOT piss off Ritsu when she's having you over for dinner, you WILL regret it. Satoshi may have experienced that first-hand a few times already.

And if you're allergic to eggs (or are a vegan), don't ask Azusa to cook for you.
Old 2010-12-30, 14:40   Link #697
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91 View Post
But the sex thing is gonna be mild. I might add in relationships, but the sex is basically something majority of adults in New Yorkers do in a relationship and not the overexaggerated BS you see in American teen shows. So yeah, i'll keep it mild. And there won't be any nudity at all.
Worst comes to worst, if the story is set many years later, I for one would go for the "Dragonball Z solution."

IE. Have the hero/es show up still bubbly-and-childish, but with an adorable child in tow.

That way, not only can you silently imply that someone as sweet-and-innocent as Son Goku (not to mention Yui-chan!! ) has done "the deed" while being spared all the graphic details, but you can also show the wholesome and heartwarming results of sex WITHOUT the moral watchdogs starting another female-parent-fornicating witch-hunt, Ishihara style.
Old 2011-01-04, 03:15   Link #698
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

hello, i don't know where to put this stuff than here, so here it is:

1. i thought Yui was lead, but how come Azusa plays lead in songs like U&I and Fuwa Fuwa time? curious i guess

2. what's the concept of the music video of Listen!? i think mio is the girl on the black dress, but i don't get the concept of it?

3. how much do actual guitars from Japan cost? i mean 500, 000 Yen? most of the SG on sale are at most $2,000, or 160,000+ Yen. (just flew into my mind, that's all). Even Yui's Yamaha LP is more expensive than that.

4. is the anime/manga K-on set on some real-world town?

all this thoughts coming into mind while busily daydreaming of the sweet sound of school bells signaling the end of class.

thanks....

Last edited by LightMusicBand; 2011-01-04 at 03:27.
LightMusicBand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 07:49   Link #699
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
hello, i don't know where to put this stuff than here, so here it is:

1. i thought Yui was lead, but how come Azusa plays lead in songs like U&I and Fuwa Fuwa time? curious i guess

2. what's the concept of the music video of Listen!? i think mio is the girl on the black dress, but i don't get the concept of it?

3. how much do actual guitars from Japan cost? i mean 500, 000 Yen? most of the SG on sale are at most $2,000, or 160,000+ Yen. (just flew into my mind, that's all). Even Yui's Yamaha LP is more expensive than that.

all this thoughts coming into mind while busily daydreaming of the sweet sound of school bells signaling the end of class.

thanks....
1. Yui is the lead for sure. But if you're talking about the official band scores then I don't know since I don't play them but in the K-ON! PSP game Yui's part is still the lead guitar.

2. The girl in black is Mio indeed. from this post:
Quote:
Yamada, being the director of the 'Listen!!' ED, had also confirmed that the girl in black is indeed Mio, and that the meaning of the video is reflected in the lyrics, that the girl is trapped and wants to come out of her shell, etc. It's meant to be symbolic.

3. I believe someone can explain this

4. Not really, although in the anime, most of the locations are taken from real world locations. But the locations itself isn't really accurate and they onlv serve as references only. For example, the Sakuragaoka High School is modelled after a real world Toyosato Elementary School, but the actual school is located in rural area instead of urban.
Old 2011-01-04, 14:38   Link #700
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
The anime designs of the city is based on Kyoto (home of Kyoto Animation), but since they visit Kyoto on the school trip, it's not supposed to take place there.
I think that all we know about the town is that it's located somewhere where they need to pass by Mt. Fuji in order to travel to Kyoto, so somewhere in the northwestern half of the country..

Tags
seinen