Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-19, 07:27   Link #121
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby-Moon View Post
Is Kannagi one of their original title? I thought it was just one of their anthology stuff that they're doing. (has absolutely zero interest in Kannagi so I don't know for sure). Saiyuki's good too, but I think it's already past it's peak (plus Minekura-sensei is extremely slow and goes in/out of hospital all the time to really work on it in a timely manner).
Well, Kannagi has a manga version, not anthology, from Rex Comic division. Actually, the anime is an adaptation itself

As for 07-Ghost, they are doing pretty well here in where I live-some bookstores are campaigning the manga as of now. Pretty good, I say when it is on display in Japanese manga section of the bookstore. (Whereas Pandora Hearts doesn't get too much notice Wtb, you fail my bookstore! D: )

On another note, it seems that there is a Chinese version of the manga. Not that I could understand Chinese though

('Duh, now I understand why I thought out that 07-Ghost is from Gangan. I blame Gangan search site and my slowness . Add that 07-Ghost don't particularly has Ichijinsha publishing's feel that I usually know :/ Maybe that's just me though.)

As for Ichijinsha itself, pretty much I have a feeling that their diverse audience target is either stopping their series from getting quite popular and such :< The quality is good, but their series are not as much as the type of a series that get popular fast. i.e: Not much of good actions like JUMP series etc. Not that I mind though, plotwise, lots of Ichijinsha's known series have pretty good plot. Oh and artworks. *Wails in how much money she spent just to buy Animate Special edition of di[e]ce volume 3 and Amatsuki's artbook and special editions *

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2009-04-19 at 07:52.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 08:07   Link #122
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Thanks for the heads up on the Chinese version. Their title for the series is 神幻拍档, i.e. Mystic Partners.
Old 2009-04-19, 12:00   Link #123
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
. . . . . .
When I look at Teito here he remind me of Syaoran from Tsubasa Chronicle
Great Images Cats ^__^
Old 2009-04-19, 12:14   Link #124
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

+1 mysterious (supposedly related) one...

and
+1 hi-resolution Frau

Because there are not that many girls in the show not a lot of images for this one.
Old 2009-04-19, 12:18   Link #125
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

What about the three Sisters
Old 2009-04-19, 12:27   Link #126
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

What about them?
Old 2009-04-19, 12:29   Link #127
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

they Don't get much love to have Images for them
Old 2009-04-20, 00:21   Link #128
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I thought this hit it's stride nicely with episode 2 - much better than the first. The emo was toned down and there were flashes of surprising wit, and it was overall much better balanced in terms of pacing and development. Really beautiful backgrounds in the second ep, too. But boy - I'll take the manga-readers word that it's not a BL title, but the vibe could hardly be stronger.

And how, exactly, did Teito change his clothes by himself while handcuffed and shackled?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 00:50   Link #129
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

I've read the entire manga, and...

Quote:
I have no idea who these two are!
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 02:27   Link #130
Alchemist007
*Author

Ep 2 was kinda slow. He has yet to break those cuffs! And get it on with those sistas!
Old 2009-04-20, 03:06   Link #131
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
Am I seriously the ONLY person in this thread who finds the art in both the anime and manga simply beautiful? Am I? What's so wrong about it? Maybe it's the fact I'm not an animation student...
I haven't seen any complaints about the art, most people seem to like it, myself included.

Quote:

If you got the scans from APRIP, that's probably just another misplaced scan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Ep 2 was kinda slow. He has yet to break those cuffs! And get it on with those sistas!
If that's what you're waiting for you're going to be very disappointed.

I haven't been able to really watch the episodes yet, so I can't go into much detail, but I really like the animation so far, much better than I thought it would be.
Old 2009-04-20, 04:01   Link #132
Alchemist007
*Author

Haha it was a joke lighten up. Like I expect anything beyond talks and pats on the head.
Old 2009-04-20, 09:35   Link #133
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrestea View Post
If you got the scans from APRIP, that's probably just another misplaced scan.
That's what I'm thinking too...
Old 2009-04-20, 10:18   Link #134
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
And how, exactly, did Teito change his clothes by himself while handcuffed and shackled?
Good question. I hadn't thought of that point. I was focusing on the question of why was the church leaving him in handcuffs and shackles? I'd expect a place that offers sanctuary to all would also be kind enough to remove such things. On a secondary note, I was mightily impressed with how well Teito runs while shackled. They obviously don't hinder him too much.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 10:36   Link #135
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I was wondering about the handcuffs too. Maybe they are waiting for him to decide to join them before removing the handcuffs. Clearly, this isn't a normal church.

It also looks like his dad was a part of a similar church in his homeland. Similar wardrobe.
Old 2009-04-20, 10:46   Link #136
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
anyone posting pics please put manga related pics concerning people, situations etc. that have not yet taken place int he anime in spoiler tags

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2009-04-20 at 10:57.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 10:57   Link #137
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Good question. I hadn't thought of that point. I was focusing on the question of why was the church leaving him in handcuffs and shackles? I'd expect a place that offers sanctuary to all would also be kind enough to remove such things. On a secondary note, I was mightily impressed with how well Teito runs while shackled. They obviously don't hinder him too much.
Yes, I did also wonder about that - seems to me the shackles must intentionally have been left in place. But that's going to be a visual distraction if it isn't resolved fairly soon.

Having looked at some manga scans and materials from TAF, the artwork in this series continues to be quite beautiful - it'd be easy to toss it off as a bishounen trifle, but there's lots of good backgrounds and the characters designs are more detailed and interesting that a typical bishie series. I hope the anime has the budget to do that justice.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2009-04-20 at 11:12.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 15:52   Link #138
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
@Cats (or whoever accused me): I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be spreading "FUD". I was just making an observation, I was not stating anything of fact. Any moron with a brain would know that.
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 16:57   Link #139
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I'd been wondering about the shackles too, well, how he got his clothes on and off (buttons? but wait, he would need to button his sleeves up too if that was the case...). The impression I got from the manga was that the chains were some really powerful ones that no one at the church could remove, sounds like the army use them for their most serious prisoners.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 23:05   Link #140
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:

and
Totally misplaced scan. This is one of Temari Matsumoto works, though I forget whether it was from her novel illustration or original artwork that is present in her artbook (And not to count the original drama CD, oh woes).

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy