AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-12-21, 14:44   Link #101
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
They just hurried along and got everyone to quickly sacrifice themselves. Admittedly I think most of the sacrifices were pretty pointless. Although I'm not entirely sure. The last entrance is a bit odd. Considering her abililty to control it I'm pretty sure everyone including Amelia could have just jumped down there with Asashi and had it close itself behind them. At the very least Amelia's sacrifice seems really unnecessary.

It feels probable that they could have just retreated through the door they opened, fight off the enemies pursuing them and hold out until Ameila opened up the final path. The last area was so chill that they had time for everyone to get an emotional sacrificial speech.

Seems like everyone didn't want to be left with survivor's guilt. So Irina unnecessarily stayed behind with Karin and Amelia didn't save herself when she probably could have. If the point is to get all the AI girls killed so Asahi can freely move on with whatever girl we saw a couple episodes ago I guess that's one way to do it. Kill off all the love interests and have him work through the loss of Ai with Aoi/Ai and then he can leave all this behind him. Minus some silly miracle where they all just survive deletion for some reason.

Being a bit snippy, but honestly the episode was fine. Lot of explosions and delving into how many times Ai ended up falling in love with Asahi over the years. And no surprise that he took her death as hard as he did. Even if the sacrifices were a bit questionable, the characters dedicated themselves to it. Now to wrap things up. Since I can't imagine Aoi surviving this either.
Old 2022-12-21, 16:39   Link #102
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
They just hurried along and got everyone to quickly sacrifice themselves. Admittedly I think most of the sacrifices were pretty pointless. Although I'm not entirely sure. The last entrance is a bit odd. Considering her abililty to control it I'm pretty sure everyone including Amelia could have just jumped down there with Asashi and had it close itself behind them. At the very least Amelia's sacrifice seems really unnecessary.

It feels probable that they could have just retreated through the door they opened, fight off the enemies pursuing them and hold out until Ameila opened up the final path. The last area was so chill that they had time for everyone to get an emotional sacrificial speech.

Seems like everyone didn't want to be left with survivor's guilt. So Irina unnecessarily stayed behind with Karin and Amelia didn't save herself when she probably could have. If the point is to get all the AI girls killed so Asahi can freely move on with whatever girl we saw a couple episodes ago I guess that's one way to do it. Kill off all the love interests and have him work through the loss of Ai with Aoi/Ai and then he can leave all this behind him. Minus some silly miracle where they all just survive deletion for some reason.

Being a bit snippy, but honestly the episode was fine. Lot of explosions and delving into how many times Ai ended up falling in love with Asahi over the years. And no surprise that he took her death as hard as he did. Even if the sacrifices were a bit questionable, the characters dedicated themselves to it. Now to wrap things up. Since I can't imagine Aoi surviving this either.
I think on some level the girls know that Asahi can't really continue to be with them because it means never getting over Ai's death and continuing to ignore reality, when that isn't real happiness, but I think they were all genuine in trying to hold off the drones for as long as possible so they could get him a straight shot at Aoi.

Notice they didn't actually say any of their speeches outloud, they transferred the data to Amelia's headphones so she could have them read out to Asahi while they continued fighting the drones off for what little time they had left.

I also assume Amelia did what Irina and Karin did of breaking the exit so they couldn't immediately follow Asahi.
Old 2022-12-28, 07:26   Link #103
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 03:16.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-28, 11:47   Link #104
Frontier

Asahi has lost so much, and he doesn't even have anything left of the girls to hold onto other than knowing what he has to do and carrying their memories with him...and with that he finds Aoi, and through her, Ai .

Asahi and Ai really had such a genuine and sweet childhood friend romance, one cut tragically short by Aoi's illness and her attempts to make sure Asahi didn't know how severe it was and promising them a future together that would never come. And Asahi gets a front row seat to seeing how hard it was for Ai, hiding how serious it was from him and trying to distance them despite the fact that she wanted nothing more than to be with him .

I'm glad Asahi got to make peace with Aoi, and that Aoi finally got to understand what it means to love someone through all the joy and the pain, and she can join in the other girls in pushing Asahi forward to Ai .

(Asahi really does have a thing for bananas...)

Asahi and Ai finally reunite and finally unload their feelings...Asahi could never forget Ai after everything they went through together and running away from the reality of her death didn't solve anything, so now he's going to accept that and be with her now. And Ai can finally admit how much she wanted to be with Asahi and have a future with him. And the two finally declare their love for each other and share their first and final kiss (not counting the cheek kiss she gave them when they were kids) amidst the cherry blossoms they wanted to see together .

Well, the day is saved and Asahi is at peace with himself...and naked. Because Yoshino stripped him naked to check his vitals. I see this show has come around to being back to it's Harem romcom roots !

College age Asahi! He seems much more happy and content, and even has IRL friends! Including Himari! Although it doesn't seem like she's a love interest .

Yoshino and Ubukata are back at work and now Yoshino is in charge, but both ladies are musing about love despite being perpetually single and with no romantic experience. Maybe that explains a lot .

The girls survived! And they pull an Alice from SAO and now have robot bodies they can be together with Asahi in! And even Aoi shows up! So now the Harem romcom in the virtual world is real! I'm happy for Asahi and the girls !
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
One last image of Best Girl Mongfa naked and sudsy for the road !
Old 2022-12-28, 15:17   Link #105
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Called it.

Also, best girl Mongfa finally gets her Megami scan, and the best one.
Old 2022-12-28, 18:30   Link #106
grecefar

I'm always in for a happy ending, this was good. Amelia was best girl for me.

I wonder, couldn't Ai data be saved and wait for the dolls and trasnfer her just like the others?, I guess she lives on in Aoi's heart.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-28, 22:42   Link #107
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-29, 02:24   Link #108
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
You know...sure why not . I'll try not to question how they were recovered after being deleted. It's just a positive ending and sometimes you need that. Life can be brutal enough as it is.

All worked out pretty well. Ai and Asahi got their farewells which was nice. And now he's got an incredibly legal harem since they are all AI in robot bodies. No worries about picking one since they probably haven't worked out the legal issue of marrying AIs anyways.

Plus the positive ending takes care of the silly issue of the relatively unnecessary self-sacrifice. They all came back anyways .

Do kind of wish they spent even a bit of time on his friends. The feel good getting into college together thing doesn't land that strong in that case. But hey, good to not take away from the emotional farewell or the hilarious return of the girls.

I respect Aoi's intention to walk there on her own. But man she's not going to be able to compete with the shock value of Amelia's hand grabbing Asahi through the box .

7.5/10. It wasn't shockingly good. But it was fun.
Old 2022-12-29, 04:08   Link #109
Dop
Mmmm....

I'm going to say 'last minute off-site backups' and leave it at that.
But yeah, happy ending for Asahi and his harem of robo-babes.

A silly fun throwback of a harem show but I enjoyed it well enough to keep watching.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-29, 09:51   Link #110
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I don't know if I've seen an eroge or harem where the MC gets naked more than the girls... though for some reason bananas were a major theme with Cavendish and all.

Anyway that was a really fun series, and there's a manga adaptation that seems a bit spicier too. I hope to eventually play the inevitable moege adaptation as well. 8.5/10
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-29, 10:43   Link #111
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I don't know if I've seen an eroge or harem where the MC gets naked more than the girls... though for some reason bananas were a major theme with Cavendish and all.

Anyway that was a really fun series, and there's a manga adaptation that seems a bit spicier too. I hope to eventually play the inevitable moege adaptation as well. 8.5/10
If any anime was begging for a game adaption .
Old 2022-12-30, 20:41   Link #112
Chosen_Hero

So in the end Asahi moves on... but not really since they still decided to give him 5 pieces of the same girl to go and live with him, also, all the drama with their sacrifices meant nothing and was just them telling him stuff he had to them repeat to Ai...
Old 2022-12-30, 21:20   Link #113
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So in the end Asahi moves on... but not really since they still decided to give him 5 pieces of the same girl to go and live with him, also, all the drama with their sacrifices meant nothing and was just them telling him stuff he had to them repeat to Ai...
He moved on from Ai and had five years (?) to himself and to live his life, which he seems to have, and I feel like it was as much for the girls' sake after coming into their own as individual AI's who loved Asahi on their own terms as it was for him to see them all reunited.
Old 2022-12-31, 06:14   Link #114
James Rye

I think the ending would have been even funnier if Himari had become his girlfriend during those 5 years, to show he truly moved on and can see a new future with someone else at his side, just for the 5 sexy/cute/beautiful/adorable/lovely AI-bots to enter and disrupt his new life outta nowhere. Like he came home first and when all 5 Ais have gathered then Himari also enters, maybe from shopping groceries, and she sees her bf with those beauties all over him and drops her bags to the floor while Asahi is spilling his spaghetti. End. XD

It was a cute, and at the start bit confusing, story although due the many girls it was difficult to give them enough streamtime to develop their characters beyond their "core". Especially considering they were basically all the "same" girl just focused on different aspects of her.
Old 2022-12-31, 11:32   Link #115
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I think the ending would have been even funnier if Himari had become his girlfriend during those 5 years, to show he truly moved on and can see a new future with someone else at his side, just for the 5 sexy/cute/beautiful/adorable/lovely AI-bots to enter and disrupt his new life outta nowhere. Like he came home first and when all 5 Ais have gathered then Himari also enters, maybe from shopping groceries, and she sees her bf with those beauties all over him and drops her bags to the floor while Asahi is spilling his spaghetti. End. XD
Agreed, it would've been better and funny, they even tease her in previous chapters like the one in real life with interest in him.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem