AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-05-02, 08:21   Link #41
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Just wondering, are there any replay videos out there that I can download so I could view them using the game's "Replay" function? (And I don't mean Youtube videos only. )
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 08:40   Link #42
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Well, there should be at least around 3-4 tourney footage from Japan. The problem about them is that it's specific for versions. Like, playing a BME3.10 on a Memorial 4.02 will probably result to dumb 5a in the air and then someone magically dying instantly.

I'll try to find some links, but I wouldn't be optimistic about that. It's been about a year since I actively looked for EFZ replays. And since iamp killed alot of players, yeah.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 03:46   Link #43
MetaFire
Wuthuh?

You can dig around here:

http://efz.proboards36.com/index.cgi?board=replay
MetaFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 08:01   Link #44
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Does anyone know how to do the moon kick thingy for Sayuri?

I sometimes do it without knowing what buttons to press.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 06:06   Link #45
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Sayuri is good too, I can manage to combo quite nicely with her.

But I haven't seen that "moon kick thingy" yet.
Old 2007-05-06, 07:04   Link #46
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

I don't exactly know the input, nor the conditions. But I'm sure you do it after Sayuri flashes white when blocking.
Honestly, I'd just go for her 214 counters than Genocide Cutter. Although, maybe (just maybe) you can Blue IC Genocide Cutter for some Sayuri air combo or godpress nastiness. ^^
Old 2007-07-07, 22:17   Link #47
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I've only just started playing this game this past week. To make it worse, this is my first real 2-D fighting game, and I'm terrible. >_< Plus I'm playing on a keyboard. However, I'm really loving this game, and hope I can slowly improve (right now I can just barely get to Kanna on arcade mode hard using my best character; still haven't gotten the hang of IC or RG).

Mizuka's currently my favorite character to play as, even though she seems to be considered low tier by the "community". It's probably because as a former band nerd myself, I have a weakness for orchestra geeks, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Does anyone know how to do the moon kick thingy for Sayuri?

I sometimes do it without knowing what buttons to press.
I've been doing a fair bit of reading on the game recently, so I think I can answer your question. First, you have to counter your opponent's attack with Sayuri's counter-throw move. Then, the next time you Recoil Guard that same move when your opponent uses it, pressing any attack button will make Sayuri counter with the moon kick thingy.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 00:10   Link #48
zotipa

hoo love EFZ even though i seriously suck at it... oh btw. does anyone know of something like a move list for EFZ 4.01? or at least for those moves u can do when your life bar is flashing and your special move bar is full at 3..u kno..oh i remember know...theyre called exceed moves. ya im looking for a move list or at least a list of exceed moves. I love akiko's exceed move i think? the one where the character eats her jam and gets k.o.ed hahahaaha
zotipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 21:51   Link #49
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zotipa View Post
hoo love EFZ even though i seriously suck at it... oh btw. does anyone know of something like a move list for EFZ 4.01? or at least for those moves u can do when your life bar is flashing and your special move bar is full at 3..u kno..oh i remember know...theyre called exceed moves. ya im looking for a move list or at least a list of exceed moves. I love akiko's exceed move i think? the one where the character eats her jam and gets k.o.ed hahahaaha
IIRC 2a2bc. My friend just spams 2 and all three buttons and it seems to work lots. Granted seeing someone crouch madly is obviously doing it and he's only ever hit me with it when I'm landing from a jump with dj and ad all used up or something.
Old 2007-11-05, 18:47   Link #50
ninjuichi

Has anyone tried running this in Vista? It doesn't seem to want to work for me. It could be a problem with fullscreen since other games don't want to run in that mode on Vista either. Or it could be because I'm running Bad Moon Edition, which leads to my next question: Is the update to Memorial "free" or do I have to "buy" it?
ninjuichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 04:31   Link #51
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

If you need movelists and combo advice, I suggest this resource:

http://www.shoryuken.com/wiki/index....l_Fighter_ZERO
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 15:48   Link #52
zotipa

i have windows vista and im able to play efz ver 4.01...i think its an old memorial edition....? iono.. haha its definitely not bad moon edition though. thanks for the other tips guys i just liek to do akiko's jam exceed movewhen im in practice mode heheehee... im starting to also like nayuki when she's awake thanks a lot to mirrinus...OMG...and celcius too!
zotipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 10:44   Link #53
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Hi, please excuse me for bumping this week-old thread.

I've been wondering, does anyone know if Twilight Frontier ever released any new EFZ with Clannad and Tomoyo After girls in it?

Already, there's a whole bunch of suggested special attacks these girls can have.

Kyou - Thick Dictionaries and deadly kicks, summons Botan as well
Ryou - Fortune-telling cards / magic
Nagisa - Dango Daikazoku
Fuuko - Starfish Sorceress. She is the Fuuko Master, after all.
Kotomi -
Spoiler for Kotomi:

Tomoyo - 64 Hits, or more. 'Nuff said
Yukine -
Spoiler for Yukine spoiler:

Misae-san - Divine Punishment and Drop Kick
Sanae-san - Bread. Need I say more? Though Akiko-san's jam deals more damage, without doubt.
Sunohara Mei - Not really sure. But maybe she can use her imbecile brother as a shield against attacks?

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2007-12-06 at 10:53.
Old 2007-12-05, 02:40   Link #54
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

No. The last is Memorial 4.02.
I read way back that Memorial was to be the last update to EFZ.
Old 2007-12-06, 10:52   Link #55
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius View Post
No. The last is Memorial 4.02.
I read way back that Memorial was to be the last update to EFZ.
Surely, they cannot not release a new EFZ with Clannad characters in it?

I now remember a good special attack that Kotomi can use, I've updated my list of suggested special attacks in the post above, so go have a look.
Old 2007-12-06, 12:42   Link #56
rg4619

Quote:
Surely, they cannot not release a new EFZ with Clannad characters in it?
Nothing's impossible. However, the circle moved on from EFZ long ago (with Memorial being the final update; no one wants to keep tweaking the same thing forever) and has been busy with many games ever since. I think it's unlikely that they'll revisit the project again.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 04:10   Link #57
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

We~ell, the CLANNAD game has been around for quite a while already. If they did have any intentions of putting them in, I'm sure it would've been done by Memorial. =/ As much as I want them to continue, I feel like they're not gonna be coming back to EFZ.
Old 2007-12-07, 19:46   Link #58
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Well....one can always hope. We'll see after Touhou - SWR, what will be their next project. Until that time, we can't still hope for the new EFZ ^^.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote