AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

View Poll Results: Shin Sekai Yori - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 19 41.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 41.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 8.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-17, 10:48   Link #61
hai_san

Great ep, finally some answers... it might be cruel how the "society" contain the karma demons and fiends but regarding their history it was "necessary" since there was no better solution yet. Oh and Saki has the highest personality Index ever...
Old 2012-12-17, 10:53   Link #62
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Interesting episode. I still can't believe they just told Saki everything on a silver platter.
Old 2012-12-17, 20:16   Link #63
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Interesting episode. I still can't believe they just told Saki everything on a silver platter.
Remember Satoru's Grandma did say she wanted to make Saki the next head of the Ethics Committee so she going to need to be brought up to speed with how things work around there.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2012-12-17 at 22:24.
Old 2012-12-17, 22:00   Link #64
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Seems kinda suspicious, doesn't it?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-12-17, 23:55   Link #65
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Grandma looks so young
Old 2012-12-18, 00:01   Link #66
Dr. Casey

Man, Satoru is one smooth operator. If he confesses his feelings to Saki and she rejects him, he can probably just smoothtalk her and brainwash her into thinking she's actually in love with him after all.

Quote:
Grandma looks so young
Given the kind of society we're dealing with, I could actually see Satoru's grandmother as being pretty young (50 or so, which is young to have a teenager as a grandson). She seems to me like she could qualify for the 'Ages well and basically just looks like a lighter-haired version of her younger self' kind of 50.
Old 2012-12-18, 00:31   Link #67
Greenish Growth

I wonder what he injected into him with the needle. Must have been painful.
Old 2012-12-18, 01:38   Link #68
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Mamoru disappeared and become an instant interesting character.. I think this will somehow confirm the relationship between Mamoru and Maria...
Old 2012-12-18, 10:45   Link #69
klare

haha agreed grandma is too young... she is also nice enough to tell us so much

i guess Saki just realised Mamoru is the weakest and need protection
Old 2012-12-18, 12:10   Link #70
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post

a mu knows how to make him/herself look young
Old 2012-12-18, 12:38   Link #71
creaothceann

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post

TWIST: Grandma makes Saki her apprentice, and her first task is to decide if Mamoru needs to disappear.
Old 2012-12-18, 13:08   Link #72
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaothceann View Post
TWIST: Grandma makes Saki her apprentice, and her first task is to decide if Mamoru needs to disappear.
Come to the dark side Saki...Together we can rule the village...
Old 2012-12-18, 22:12   Link #73
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is the first episode since eps 1 and 2 to be storyboarded and directed by the same staff combination that did those first two episodes. The storyboard is by the series director, Ishihama Masashi. Episode direction is by Yamato Naomichi (multiple eps of Blood+, Aria Natural, Guin Saga, Fairy Tail). Perhaps that explains why it feels as if we have returned to the high quality of the first few episodes. Of course, they had an interesting part of the the story to deal with, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-12-18, 22:43   Link #74
deadsea

this staff should do the whole series!!
Old 2012-12-19, 01:49   Link #75
Entravity

Loving the information bomb Interesting stuff as well.
Old 2012-12-21, 03:08   Link #76
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
What a troublesome situation here. Really wonder just what the heck they are doing in this village. Brainwashing, hypnosis, death responses, weeding out trouble, etc. Even designing assassin cats since they can't do the killing themselves. Makes you wonder how far they are willing to go here. Chilling to think about how many lives have been lost and sacrificed because they can't or haven't bothered to find better ways to deal with these abilities.

Wonder where they will go with Saki's character. Is she really going to take over in a position that has lead to all these deaths? Being able to rationalize it to the point where wiping memories and erasing people just becomes common place and natural? Though not sure where they can go in the end. Not like they have enough knowledge or ability to deal with the core problems of these abilities. Without a better solution where can you go with it? But at the same time this being the best solution would be pretty damn bleak. Makes you hope they can find a route not yet explored.

At the same time this isn't looking good. Mamoru can't be in a good state and the bleak prophecy as to Maria is bound to hit us soon. Let's hope for the best for Satoru. In the end we've gotten a karma demon from the group so bound to get the bloody violent kind (betting on Maria).
Old 2012-12-23, 10:57   Link #77
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Gouma with Hashimoto-Appelbaum are an unfortunate case for the moment with no cure...but Akki, those can be dealt with if only someone around were not hampered by their feedback to finish them with a weapon.

Apparently the death feedback isn't so smart after all if it doesn't work properly eh?

And yeah, instead of finding less destructive ways to go about it, they chose the Inquisition method...typical.

How about..trying to use your PK to modify out the problem from your genome for one? Or researching in other such options? Or removing the inhibition to killing so you can safely contain and perhaps treat and in worst cases, mercy kill the Akki?
Old 2012-12-24, 11:59   Link #78
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Every bit of history about the New World converges in the twelfth episode.

Every introduction segment featured in the first four episodes showcased violent chapters from since the fall of modern human civilization to the rise of the Fiends empires up to the appearance of the peaceful society.

Fiends and Karma Demons are, indeed, such tragic cases whether be worthy of our empathy or not.

I also learned that the disposal of potential threats to the village's stability and survival lies not with the Committee of Virtue and Ethics but rather the Board of Education; they have the last say about treating the Fiends and Karma Demons.

But, the children were able to prevent of being diposed of that summer two years ago, because the current head of the Committee, Asahina Tomiko, saw that Saki possess a very strong mental will to have endured the truth about the bloodstained history of their world and an intimate encounter with a Karma Demon.

I do agree that restoring her memories about her erased friends will only throw more big chunks of coal into the frail bonfire, since she could tell of everyone the truth triggering a total mind meltdown throughout the town.

And, just I did not think things could go from bad to worse Mamoru disappeared, likely suffering mental relapse from when Saki wanted them all to recall their lost memories after being teased by Maria about the the Cats.
Old 2012-12-25, 08:10   Link #79
Rakshasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
And, just I did not think things could go from bad to worse Mamoru disappeared, likely suffering mental relapse from when Saki wanted them all to recall their lost memories after being teased by Maria about the the Cats.
Maria didn't make a joke about the cats, don't trust the subs. It was Mamoru.