AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-03, 18:59   Link #1121
ellifeedn
Thinker

If the mages can suck out magoi from normal people, why can't they do the same to invading armies?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 19:32   Link #1122
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's not a magical attack per se. They used magic to create electricity. It's an electrical shock. That's all there's to it.
Which physical resilience doesn't help much against. They're in the water, the electricity goes through the body, it's quite possible for it to stop the heart. At the very least they'll get electrical burns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
If the mages can suck out magoi from normal people, why can't they do the same to invading armies?
Most likely there're some magic items in the 5th district that absorb magoi in nearby vicinity.
Old 2013-02-03, 22:59   Link #1123
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Electric shock is still considered "physical attack" and I'm pretty sure next chapter, most of them will be fine ( or at least with minor burn ). This chapter remind me of the Yugi-oh's battle when Yugi fought with a guy that used water monster deck. He fried all the enemy monster with just one lightning attack ^^.

Second level magicians' bolg seems to have no effect against Fanalis. Even Muron can break through them easily and she's just a half blood Fanalis.
Old 2013-02-04, 00:01   Link #1124
Finre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Yeah good point. If they can prepare a device/magic to suck out magoi from Fanalis unit , they would lose pretty easily.
Finre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 00:11   Link #1125
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^i'M pretty sure they have a fatass draining device that slowly extracts the lifeforce from the people in the lower floors of magnoshutatt.

This would explain several aspects of your inquiry:
The device that sucks out magoi has to be relatively close to the people it extracts from.
Considering how much "lifeforce" a supposed fanalis member has, it wouldn't even scratch them til the battle ended in a couple of hours i guess.

Not covered in the initial statement: Whether it be a seal or an actual device, there might be some quirks about multisided positioning, since the lower floors appear to be circular, said device(s) might have to be surrounding the people, or they might have to be on top of said device/circle/seal etc.
Not to mention the "oppressed" people from magnushutatt hand over their magoi willingly D:
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 03:55   Link #1126
Pacify

Lol kinda let down by the lack of Aladdin magi mode

No way that little shock is going to put a dent in the Fanalis
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 08:13   Link #1127
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Welp, so those magician's don't notice how Aladdin is starting to get those Rukh to come to him? Kinda disconcerting to see him glow all white, but it's all just a visual aid.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 10:59   Link #1128
shalala

QUOTE=Anh_Minh;4539777]He's not actually joined the army (as in, enlisted). He's just hitched a ride. Turning against them would still be bad form, but it wouldn't be desertion or treason.[/QUOTE]

But surely Mu would have taken that into account seeing how the coups knew he had a friend in Magnostadt and as they where going to war why wouldn't Mu for see that they would end up fighting with each other if they where to attack Aladdin which they don't know is his friend. Still it would be bad but I guess Alibaba can hold his own against Mu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
There were no Djinns involved, only normal swords can be used in the Colosseum, which makes me wonder if Alibaba and Mu can use magoi manipulation like the Yambala warriors and whether Mu knows Alibaba has a Djinn like him.
I wonder what kind of sword play Mu uses? Well Alibaba was there to learn magoi manipulation or train with them though it did take Sinbad a year to learn it and even then it would tired him out if he used it so often and seeing how Alibaba was only there for 6-8 months he may well have gotten most of the training and would probably have to learn the rest while in combat. Plus he should have enough magoi to go full djinn equip. I would see why Mu would not have also trained with the Yambala warriors. Seeing how he is a dungeon capturer and for all we know that could have been with the help of Lolimagi. As for whether Mu and Alibaba knew each of them had a Djinn would be remain seen. If they where to use their own swords then yes providing that they know the symbol of a dungeon capturer. If not then Lolimagi could have use her magoi eyes to see if Alibaba had a djinn as so far we only seen Judal use that ability so I'd take it its either a magi only tech or only Judal knows how to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Welp, so those magician's don't notice how Aladdin is starting to get those Rukh to come to him? Kinda disconcerting to see him glow all white, but it's all just a visual aid.
Maybe it only happens when Aladdin chooses to use the rukh. As so far they are only coming to him.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 14:40   Link #1129
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He's not actually joined the army (as in, enlisted). He's just hitched a ride. Turning against them would still be bad form, but it wouldn't be desertion or treason.
But surely Mu would have taken that into account seeing how the coups knew he had a friend in Magnostadt and as they where going to war why wouldn't Mu for see that they would end up fighting with each other if they where to attack Aladdin which they don't know is his friend. Still it would be bad but I guess Alibaba can hold his own against Mu.
If he's even considered the possibility, I doubt he'd care. He probably doesn't think Alibaba can significantly affect the situation. Possibly because he's been holding out, just like Aladdin.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 17:17   Link #1130
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If he's even considered the possibility, I doubt he'd care. He probably doesn't think Alibaba can significantly affect the situation. Possibly because he's been holding out, just like Aladdin.
Well if he did care then he would have said no to him. And for all we know that battle that they had could well have him wanting to battle Alibaba full on. I really do hope Mu and Alibaba will end up fighting. So wanna see the sword battle and if one of the Kou brothers where to join (preferably one of the older brothers who we yet seen fight) where to enter the fight then it would be a 3 way between them with swords. Untillll the djinn epuip come into play then it would lose some of it cool. I wonder how Alibaba will travel now that he is on the battle field.
Old 2013-02-04, 20:25   Link #1131
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

I prefer a battle between Alibaba and Ren Kouha. One has a heat sword can cut through steel like butter and one has a giant sword can cleave the ground - That will guarantee a awesome battle and I want to see which sword is stronger. Major plus point for the winner if he said this line: "There's nothing my blade cannot cut!"
Old 2013-02-05, 14:12   Link #1132
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
I prefer a battle between Alibaba and Ren Kouha. One has a heat sword can cut through steel like butter and one has a giant sword can cleave the ground - That will guarantee a awesome battle and I want to see which sword is stronger. Major plus point for the winner if he said this line: "There's nothing my blade cannot cut!"
Lets not forget that Ren Kouha has Zangetsu as his Djinn XD.

Edit:
Spoiler for Chapter 173:

Last edited by shalala; 2013-02-10 at 14:16.
Old 2013-02-10, 20:06   Link #1133
marvelB

Meant to post about it earlier, but I checked out the raw+summary for 173, as well:

Spoiler for Magi 173:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 23:48   Link #1134
shalala

Translation is now out. The raw chapter was good. Now to see the text.
Old 2013-02-11, 00:17   Link #1135
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I cannot be the only one that started playing this song in his mind when Aladdin's giants started showing up...can I?

Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 00:59   Link #1136
Pacify

The fanalis were OP as expected. But.. obviously going to be completely owned by god-mode Aladdin

t-t-triple giant Ugo-kuns!
Old 2013-02-11, 01:01   Link #1137
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I don't know about being owned...at least not the metal vessel user.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 01:26   Link #1138
Pacify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I don't know about being owned...at least not the metal vessel user.
But the metal user said they had to finish it in one attack, since they will run out of magoi quickly. So I doubt they will be able to hold out vs Aladdin, unless the other magi (what was her name again, started with S) intervenes
Old 2013-02-11, 01:51   Link #1139
Gundamx

They only need magoi for range attack.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 04:52   Link #1140
Awrya
U mad?

Aladdin in full power with 3 Ugo, about time we see his magi powers. The last picture shows a light circle on his forehead, did he use Wisdom of Solomon as well? Or is it his 'natural' combat state now?

Surprised that Mu doesn't use Djinn equip, but he'll likely have to use it against Aladdin. Once he manages to push back Aladdin a bit, I feel Alibaba will pop out from nowhere and block the hit.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen