Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-23, 23:22   Link #321
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Gonna try something out.

TL;DR…
Episode 7-Their Night Alone
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Basically, this was like Episode 5 for me except it didn't have a lot of jokes that I really liked. I would like to see more Banri and Karuta loving. I may be interested in seeing some development with Soushi and Riri, but the romance that is working is Banri X Karuta. Episode gets a very solid 7/10 from me.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 01:13   Link #322
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
^ I think the problem with this episode--at least for me--is that Ririchiyo was alone with Soushi for an extended period of time. Pairing them off in scenes can be painfully boring and predictable. How can there be any interesting dynamics or dialogue when one person considers themselves an unworthy slave to the other?
I feel exactly the same way - Ririchiyo is so much more interesting when she's interacting with anyone besides Soushi. I enjoyed the ep but pairing them off alone for most of it did drag it down quite a bit.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 01:47   Link #323
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
It's definitely a liability that Riri has to be active in the show for it to work. Soushi just hasn't moved at all as a character, and while it can be funny, it is getting tiring.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 06:47   Link #324
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Just watched episode 7.

Hehe, Chino sure is cute

I welcomed the immediate events that happened at the start of this episode. I thought maybe that it would build up to around halfway where something would happen, but getting straight to it was a nice change of pace for this anime

Karuta looks to cute when she is clueless But at least she had some food to keep he occupied And Nobara can enjoy every situation she's in no matter how dangerous as long as there's a cute girls there

And where on earth did Natsume get and keep all those signs he had XD

Also, it was nice that they included a short scene with the minor staff characters, at least it tells us that their safe and secure

So in the end they had to fight the piggyback monster creature things...XD

Lastly, the last two pieces of dialogue ended this episode pretty well XD "It's morning!" "And that's that"
Old 2012-02-24, 08:18   Link #325
Oryon

The episode was more exciting than much hentai
Oryon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 12:39   Link #326
ookamigirl

Chino and her harmless flower pot turned out to be totally opposite of that.
Quite interesting idea though.
So everyone got stuck under different force fields.
Well, at least they were having fun in their own weird ways..
The mystery of appearing food was ???
Ririchyo & fox boy were adorable, especially her awkward behavior around him ^^
Karuta's fighting skill's are awesome.
ED was sure ROFL & fan service.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 13:17   Link #327
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I continue to like this show, and I like it because of Ririchiyo, and particularly her feelings toward Soushi. That painful angst is wonderful. For me, the more time those two are on screen the better.

Hidaka Rina is using an awkward and formal voice, but it works. The formality somehow helps the emotion come across, for me. The way that Soushi's character is so artificial, and hasn't moved, is fascinating in its own way. Will he shift? Can he shift? Will she ever break down her inner conflicts and really get together with him somehow?

The other characters are good. There is some nice comic business. But it doesn't add up to much without Ririchiyo. And in fact, I have gotten tired of the way Hikasa Youko, a seiyuu I like, is doing the yuri wolf character. I liked her at first, but it has gotten too same and overdone for me. On the other hand, I think she is outstanding singing the ED.

And I do have to add that the character design for Ririchiyo is just outstanding, in both her incarnations. The anime character designer, Iizuka Haruko, is one of the few of whom a photo is easy to find. She was character designer for Tamayura and for Umi Monogatari, and has done a lot of animation direction work for shows like The Idolm@ster and Railgun.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-02-25 at 05:00.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 22:11   Link #328
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Nobara is drooling over Chino this time
Old 2012-02-25, 16:11   Link #329
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... somehow the ep seemed like it started "out of nowhere", like you were immersed in the middle of an "ep long narrative" that was already taking place, somehow. It kinda disoriented me at first tbh - ah well. Maybe it's just me?

Anyway ... let's see ... you know, in some ways I feel that the anime series is not portraying Soushi as well as they could - he comes across as somewhat 2 dimensional at times. I am hoping they will eventually allow the viewers to peer a little more into what makes him tick as an individual. Like they have done with Ririchiyo.

Other than that quip, I enjoyed the ep - esp enjoying seeing Ririchiyo struggle to come out of her shell a little more. Very touching.

I would give ep 7 a 7/10 vote.
Old 2012-02-25, 23:10   Link #330
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Riri's time with Soushi was nice to watch - shows more of her effort towards her relation with Soushi. Now if only they get get Soushi to start making is move (as a character, I mean. =_=; )

Karuta flying out to save Watanuki...that was hilarious, especially with Wata's expression like "WTH???!!".

And I totally love that deadpan face of Renshou when we woke to fine Nobara and Chino playing together late in the night. The scene was so misleading at first but I found Renshou's deadpan face to it all was hilariously awesome!

But I do wonder if they'll ever face a real enemy in this series.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 03:32   Link #331
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Oh god, Ririchiyo's cuteness makes me wanna go pick up this show. D:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 04:25   Link #332
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Oh god, Ririchiyo's cuteness makes me wanna go pick up this show. D:
Indeed, and she's better than she appears to be.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 05:37   Link #333
Yurichan

Send a message via MSN to Yurichan
Latest episode was very nice. I like it that there is not much action. But just generally jokes and relationship fun.

I am back, animesuki. From a long time of absence. Aren't you glad?
yurichan/s&t kawaii love
Yurichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 19:08   Link #334
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Whoa. Didn't expect Karuta would break out of the room and come running to defend Watanuki. Not to mention, disposing of the intruder with a lobster in her mouth.

Great episode... though I was a little bit disappointed since the preview last week implied that it will focus on Sorinozuka and the Yuki-Onna.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 07:22   Link #335
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Damn this ED was good....
Old 2012-02-28, 16:23   Link #336
Meepy
stupid & obvious

I am in love with that ED song -- bonus points for it being a duet.
Does anyone know when the full versions of the EDs are coming out? Have they announced it yet?

As for the actual episode, I can't really put my finger on it, but something about it felt off and I didn't enjoy it as much as some of the earlier episodes.
Meepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 11:32   Link #337
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Spoiler for Ririchiyo NSFW:
Old 2012-03-01, 16:29   Link #338
LKK

Spoiler for ep 8:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 16:39   Link #339
00Coyote

I love this show.

I find myself not giving a damn if 'nothing happens' or that it takes its time to do basically nothing. I don't care. The slow pace, the mood, how freaking adorable Ririchiyo is, it is just a excellent show to chill out with and watch.

I'd probably watch it even if it was nothing but Ririchiyo reading a phonebook, adorably, while wearing different cute outfits.

Have a small Ririchiyo montage.

Yes, Ririchiyo, it is.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 20:26   Link #340
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nervous Ririchiyo is best. At least she finally got the courage to ask Miketsukami.

Tags
romance, shounen