AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 7 9.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 22.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 6.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 5.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-06, 20:19   Link #41
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Haha, Kyousuke is always the straight forward type. Too bad most of the girl around him is not.
Still, if only they added Manami's explanation about Kirino's behavior. It's just only one line.
They added extra scenes in episode 6 of season 1 which show Kirino's clinging nature towards Kyousuke while he stays over at Manami's place. I think it evens out somewhat. Ayase also hints at it a bit in the last episode in the OVA. Reading too many mysteries causes me to look too much at the tiny details lol.
I'm starting to see Kyousuke as a "parent/familial figure" who takes care of the kid (Kirino) but isn't treated appropriately. Should note that a lot of parents fall into this category when taking care of their kids since they never seem to get the respect they deserve until much later in their life. Despite being heavily exaggerated, similarities can be seen with a parent and a child and Kyousuke and Kirino's relationship in terms of taking care of one another.
I like the symbolism with the red string of fate on Kyousuke. Foreshadowing something is very likely.

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-04-06 at 20:39.
Old 2013-04-06, 20:31   Link #42
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

"Welcome back Kirino-chan!" But Kuroneko really shone there, even if she didn't appear much. And wtf at Kyousuke's reaction. He acted like a girl in love for the first time with all those pillow antics!

Quote:
Hey.. what is "My city" ? they mentioned it in the episode but I can't remember..
It's the light novel series that she wrote before her departure. It's actually introduced as Imoutoshi — "imouto" is read as "mai" using on-reading, while "toshi" reads as "city", this "My (mai) City".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-04-06, 20:37   Link #43
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Not a bad first episode if we look at the series as a standalone. They had to reintroduce the setting and dynamics between the characters. I have high hopes for the subsequent episodes.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Old 2013-04-06, 20:49   Link #44
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
"Welcome back Kirino-chan!" But Kuroneko really shone there, even if she didn't appear much. And wtf at Kyousuke's reaction. He acted like a girl in love for the first time with all those pillow antics!
Almost forgot about that scene lol...by far my favorite this episode. Although Kyousuke never come across to me to be THIS obsessed with Kuroneko lol.

Now, I won't be surprised if Nakamura Yuichi does that in real life

Not to mention, at least get a Kuroneko dakimakura, Kyousuke
Old 2013-04-06, 20:55   Link #45
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
I like the symbolism with the red string of fate on Kyousuke. Foreshadowing something is very likely.
Hey, does that mean Oreimo 2 will have a clear winner? Cuz the other end of that string must type into someone, right? Foreshadowed maybe?
Old 2013-04-06, 21:11   Link #46
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
But Kuroneko really shone there, even if she didn't appear much. And wtf at Kyousuke's reaction. He acted like a girl in love for the first time with all those pillow antics!
I was really hoping his mom to walk in on that or witness all of it.

A pretty nice first episode for 2nd season. I look forward to some more Kuroneko/Ayase/Saori...
Old 2013-04-06, 21:15   Link #47
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
When I started watching this, seeing Kirino act as she does, I had wondered why am I watching this series? Then the Kuroneko part came, and the most of the events from the OVAs came flooding back to me, reminding me why I'm sticking around for this. I NEED to see how that ship is going to sail(if it ever sails, but w/12 eps, somethng has GOT to happen).

Old 2013-04-06, 21:16   Link #48
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Hey, does that mean Oreimo 2 will have a clear winner? Cuz the other end of that string must type into someone, right? Foreshadowed maybe?
Maybe, there's no guarantee though. Depends on whether or not they change the OP animations like they did last season. Kyousuke is a fairly straight forward person, so I'm not expecting him to fully emulate Ichika. Since he was able to confront Kuroneko about the kiss, his reactions and actions towards her shows that he is capable of having romantic attraction towards someone.

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-04-06 at 21:38.
Old 2013-04-06, 22:11   Link #49
sayde

Quote:
A disgaea fan will have an attack that destroy multi-universe, not just one planet )
lol. Still though. From the art style of the characters to the name of Dark Meruru's attack (which conveniently shared the same name of one of the main characters popular special moves) right down to the over-the-top execution of it all featuring a massive scale attack that involves an outer-space view of the world, it all just had a very similar feel. I absolutely loved it.
Old 2013-04-06, 22:16   Link #50
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I lost interest in season one after a while, but this ep really shone. Good voices, sharp direction, a great look, characters with panache. There's a reason this franchise is so popular. On with the show!
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2013-04-06, 22:23   Link #51
finalfury
Incognito

Someone needs to make a looping video (is that how you say it?) of Ayase horizontally karate chopping Kanako. I'm still chuckling after the 10th time seeing it. I wish I knew how to make one. ==
Old 2013-04-06, 22:30   Link #52
kobester11

It only listed A1 as production, does it mean this was still animated by AIC Build?
Old 2013-04-06, 23:08   Link #53
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Someone needs to make a looping video (is that how you say it?) of Ayase horizontally karate chopping Kanako. I'm still chuckling after the 10th time seeing it. I wish I knew how to make one. ==
Try this. I just made it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1qjsvj1dbh7xl3/10844.gif
Old 2013-04-06, 23:16   Link #54
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Works for me. Thanks.
Thread waaaay too little. Haganai had many more pages for its first episode lol.
time to go do some character bios and analyze them as well :/
Old 2013-04-06, 23:49   Link #55
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Yume nara takusan mita~
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-04-07, 00:06   Link #56
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post
It only listed A1 as production, does it mean this was still animated by AIC Build?
It doesn't look like it from the credits anyway. AIC is no longer listed in the production committee, and aren't listed in the credits. But, it is all the same people in the head roles, hence the same look/feel. Encourage Films is also listed as general Production Cooperation as well, which they also did in the first season, but not sure what that involves.

Edit: As for the episode itself... I have to say that the director succeeded in conveying Kyousuke's feelings very well this episode. There was a real sense of tension throughout the whole episode because, on the one hand you think "finally things should start going better", but clearly it's not that simple. Pretty much all the characters in this show have about as thick a mask as you can fashion, including Kyousuke, but we see very clearly how it makes him uneasy. Both Kuroneko and Kirino are just complicated, and Kirino especially so. But I think the key point of the episode was that, even though she was "home", it wasn't until she was back in her element that she started really "being herself" again. And the significance of her giving him the game (that she hadn't even played yet) was that this is his connection to her inner self. And, even if it's just in a small way, the door is still open just a crack.

But seriously... I'm not sure how I'll feel if the whole season keeps this sort of raw tension in the air. It made it kind of hard to watch.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-04-07 at 00:43.
Old 2013-04-07, 00:12   Link #57
backbone
Banned

Bwahaha, Kirino is as weird as ever. And what? Calling a magical girl who just blasted entire earth on huge screen at Akiba as awesome? That's simply weird.

Oh, and more Kuroneko, please!
Old 2013-04-07, 01:51   Link #58
GundamZZ
残念美人

The character is same as last season, but their relationship seem different.

Last season, Kyousuke cared about Kirino a lot. However, he didn't want to show his feeling. He treated her badly. In this episode, he starts to show his affection to Kirino. He continued handed her food/drink and checks her well being. It still doesn't shake off his harem game protagonist background.

Last season, Kirino lived the life of one of most glamorous girls in her age. She only used her fashion to make money. She used the money to play game secretly. If she played those game in public(such as club room), she would get in trouble. In this episode, she doesn't use the mail order. She shop anime merchandise without worrying being spotted. This episode also shows Kyousuke is to blame.

Last season, Ayase was a kuro calculating girl. In this episode, she is still a kuro calculating girl. To her, Kyousuke has not useful value, so she treats him badly.

Last season, Kuroneko looked for friends with same hobby. In this episode, she is looking for a boyfriend(?) She has the clumsy mutual interaction with Kyosuke. Too bad, the story puts her as a side character right now. If there's no Kirino, she would be a perfect female protagonist.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-04-07, 01:53   Link #59
kobester11

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It doesn't look like it from the credits anyway. AIC is no longer listed in the production committee, and aren't listed in the credits. But, it is all the same people in the head roles, hence the same look/feel. Encourage Films is also listed as general Production Cooperation as well, which they also did in the first season, but not sure what that involves.
Yeah, I didn't see AIC either. It's just that when I saw the PV, I think there's a koichoco poster sticking in the door of the club(It maybe an ad since it's also an Aniplex production) and they reused the scenes from the first season as flashbacks. Other studios would be re-animating it but no they didn't they used the same scenes.

PS: I like the tanned Kirino more, from first season that is...
Old 2013-04-07, 01:55   Link #60
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Bwahaha, Kirino is as weird as ever. And what? Calling a magical girl who just blasted entire earth on huge screen at Akiba as awesome? That's simply weird.

Oh, and more Kuroneko, please!
Meruru is just that amazing that she can blow up the entire planet and still be loved by all. In terms of our anime vs Meruru we have never came close to the Masterpiece that is Meruru .

The episode itself was really good I felt, the animation was very good and the music/sound still had the same appeal to it that it had before. The OP song was pretty good as well, but ClariS seems to be a master at making them recently so I would expect nothing less. Best character was Kyousuke acting like a teenage girl in love about Ruri with that pillow, I like to think he was imaging the pillow as Ruri
Closed Thread