AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-11-17, 02:35   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 517 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Some spoilers out..

Quote:
-Anko loses...

-Sasori kills one of the Konoha team, and uses the others to fight Kankuro's Reconnaissance team...

-Sai meets his brother...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-11-17 at 09:38.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 04:30   Link #2
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
I think the spoilers are late. It should have been up a few hours ago.
Old 2010-11-17, 04:38   Link #3
Rahan

Spoilers are out actually.

Edited with a better trans.

Anko loses and is captured.
Sasori kills the Aburame from Anko's squad and uses the other two members from Anko's squad as puppets against Kankurou's squad. Sai and allegedly his brother (not sure if there is an official confirmation it's his brother or if it's an assumption from the spoiler provider) are there too. Omoi is pissed at Sai and says he won't forgive him if he hurts his own comrades. (his brother or the puppets ? the spoiler doesn't tell)

Last edited by Rahan; 2010-11-17 at 05:40.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 04:44   Link #4
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Spoilers are out actually.

One fodder member of Kankurou's team dies in recon. Then the two ambush teams meet. It's confirmed the Root guy is Sai adoptive older brother and Kankurou brings out his Sasori puppet.
Cool, thanks. Not surprised by Anko's situation since Kabuto has long jumped out of her league. The second part is what I find interesting.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 06:34   Link #5
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Looking forward to see more from Omoi. I liked the choreography behind Omoi/Karui vs Sakura/Naruto/Sai, and I hope to see more of his kenjutsu.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 08:12   Link #6
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

This looks like pretty exciting chapter. Kankurou-Sasori rematch is a grudge fight I've always wanted to see. It's going to be interesting to see how Sasori reacts to Kankurou using his former body as a puppet. I'm a fan of Omoi too so seeing him is a bonus. Him, Sai and Kankurou working together seems like kind of a random team but hey, whatever works.

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2010-11-17 at 09:01. Reason: retract statement
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 09:20   Link #7
Fran~
floating away...

So Kishi will give us some rematchs?... nice.
Old 2010-11-17, 09:23   Link #8
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
NO WAI!!!! derp.
Old 2010-11-17, 09:29   Link #9
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-So the war's not going well for our protagonists then? They already lost their entire recon squad and its now being used against them. I feel sorry for Anko but what do I expect, its still Kishimoto that writes this. If the character does not have a dangling piece of skin and a set of balls between their legs, chances are they are not going to do well in this manga.
Old 2010-11-17, 10:21   Link #10
Fran~
floating away...

The war will not going well for the alliance, that's a given... the only ones who could change the tide of the war are Naruto and Bee. The alliance will win some battles, but in the end, Madara will have the upperhand.
Old 2010-11-17, 10:34   Link #11
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

If anko dies, screw this sexist manga.
Old 2010-11-17, 11:13   Link #12
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Ohana didn't provide the spoiler this time. But she will post a spoiler script soon. She did say she heard of Anko's death which is different than what the spoiler said. Was she killed or captured? We'll find out. I would go with captured since Kishi only killed the fodder in this chapter. The name characters are still immortal for the time being.

Anko being captured could be the best thing for her since I would assume she might break free and rescue Yamato.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
This looks like pretty exciting chapter. Kankurou-Sasori rematch is a grudge fight I've always wanted to see. It's going to be interesting to see how Sasori reacts to Kankurou using his former body as a puppet. I'm a fan of Omoi too so seeing him is a bonus. Him, Sai and Kankurou working together seems like kind of a random team but hey, whatever works.
The teamwork and interaction within the divisions is what I am really looking forward too. I like how in some divisions you have old friendships, but in ones like the Ambush Company, complete strangers working together. It should be fun.

It will be interesting to see if Kishi starts jumping around or gives each division 5-8 spotlight chapters as they fight their designated opponents.
Old 2010-11-17, 11:27   Link #13
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

First konan now anko.... who's next karashina? (Azunas Gf, forgot her name)
Old 2010-11-17, 11:48   Link #14
Alchemist007
*Author

Kurenai .
Old 2010-11-17, 12:07   Link #15
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

hehe I remembered a while ago but thanks, too busy at work to edit page.
Old 2010-11-17, 13:20   Link #16
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
First konan now anko.... who's next karashina? (Azunas Gf, forgot her name)
That's the point. Eliminate the attractive women and leave the rest alone.
It's not like Kiba's sister or mother will ever die. The Ramen chick is running out of time aswell...
Old 2010-11-17, 13:43   Link #17
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Why would anyone be surprised the Allies are already losing? Allies are mostly consisted of canon fodder people. And the zombie army has S rank people all over the place.

Come on people. Don't get surprised over them losing.
Old 2010-11-17, 13:53   Link #18
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
This looks like pretty exciting chapter. Kankurou-Sasori rematch is a grudge fight I've always wanted to see. It's going to be interesting to see how Sasori reacts to Kankurou using his former body as a puppet.
Probably laugh... it would be a poor choice for Kankurou seeing as Sasori knows that puppet inside and out. he knows every trap and weapon build into it. It would only be useful is if Kankuro made som drastic changes to it, but i'm not sure why he would seeing as sasori's puppet is bound to be a great piece of work and Kankuro would not expect to fight sasori himself again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Why would anyone be surprised the Allies are already losing? Allies are mostly consisted of canon fodder people. And the zombie army has S rank people all over the place.

Come on people. Don't get surprised over them losing.
Also this is shonen... the heroes ALWAYS loose at first, during the really big confrontations
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 14:50   Link #19
Iknowwhatyou

Maybe Naruto vs. his dad =O since his dad also took a part of the kyuubi in him, that would be a awesome fight x3 Dad is then defeated by rasenshuriken + saga + new kyuubi mode
Iknowwhatyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 15:19   Link #20
Fran~
floating away...

Kushina and Minato are sealed.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion