AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2015-07-26, 06:17   Link #1
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (XBox One)

"Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness" XBox One Game Offered in English in Hong Kong

Quote:
5pb. announced at the Ani-Com & Games Hong Kong 2015 event this week that it will offer Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (Psycho-Pass: Sentaku Naki Kōfuku), its Xbox One game inspired by the anime Psycho-Pass, in both English and Chinese in Hong Kong this fall.

5pb. has not announced whether the game will be available in English in other countries and territories. The Xbox One console has no regional restrictions imposed by Microsoft.

Nitroplus created an original story for the game with Gen Urobuchi (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero) providing the original plan and scenario supervision. The game is set within the timeframe of the first six episodes of the first television anime season. However, it shifts the setting from downtown to an isolated island.

One new male and female character each serve as the two protagonists who face off against a new enemy. Characters from the Unit 1 police team of the Public Safety Bureau's Criminal Investigation Division return for the game. The anime's Kyoji Asano (Attack on Titan, Tokyo Marble Chocolate) also returned to design characters based on Reborn! creator Akira Amano's original designs.

The game captures players' true movements by utilizing the Kinect peripheral and SmartGlass feature. However, players can still play the game without Kinect and SmartGlass. The title allows players to send data from their smartphones to characters in the game.

The game shipped in Japan on May 28 for 7,800 yen (about US$65) for the regular edition, or for 9,800 yen (about US$82) for the limited edition. The limited edition included a Dive to Psycho-Pass Psycho-Pass-ru Summer Premium Disc Blu-ray with added footage of Tomomi Masaoka and Yayoi Kunizuka. People who pre-ordered the game also received a special decal skin for the Xbox One console and a Dive to Psycho-Pass Psycho-Pass-ru Winter Premium Disc Blu-ray. In addition, the game included voice samples by Takuma Tsurugi's lead voice actor Shinichiro Miki for use with the Xbox SmartGlass feature
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 09:18   Link #2
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
More info (in Japanese) on how Kinect will make players interact with the game.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-07, 00:33   Link #3
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Someone doing a playthrough of the Japanese version.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2016-02-22, 19:52   Link #4
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/22...ory-happiness/

Game'll be released in English by PS4/PS Vita in North America with subtitles provided for Japanese dialogue and for PC. No Xbox 1 version.

Old 2016-02-23, 06:47   Link #5
joswilliams

So this is basically a Visual Novel, or there will be some actual gameplay?Or at least investigation process like in Kara no Shoujo.
joswilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 05:45   Link #6
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

A mixture of VN with some investigation IIRC.

Old 2016-08-15, 12:29   Link #7
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Almost September now.

Old 2016-08-24, 16:58   Link #8
GDB

Has anyone here actually played the game? Curious whether it's any good or if it's like Season 2 in VN form.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 00:40   Link #9
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I did. It's like any ordinary VN though. Haven't plowed way through the story, but it seems okay, considering Gen-san wrote it.