AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 78 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 7.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.64%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.92%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-01, 17:11   Link #441
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
I was stunned by how, in one episode, they've managed to push Sheryl into the underdog role, give such an amazing headstart on Alto x Ranka and Ranka to own Sheryl in so many ways. The tides are completely and utterly turned. As Key Board puts it, Ranka's "Super Move" have charmed Alto so much that he begins to see her as a new light now.

It is now Sheryl who looks at the distance as Alto flies Ranka around.

I feel so sorry for her, she desperately wants to get up so she could fulfill her promise to Alto, and her frustration and anger at herself later on as Ranka sings Aimo in the background.

That still made me laugh so hard.
Oh god ...DIES! I was just thinking episode 11 may have sunk my ship!!! but you just revved me up again!! thank you! Cookie for you

ALTO X RANKA FTW!
Old 2008-07-01, 17:23   Link #442
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Why not putting the wanker on ignore then, like the rest of us?
In my opinion, even if what people say is sometimes rash, idiotic, or just plain out there... it's always good to listen.

Read, laugh, comment or don't comment. It's simple really. You'll only be as offended as much as you let yourself be... so don't let yourself be. I understand that people have a limit though... and I suppose if you reach it, thats when you hit ignore.

But think of it this way, someone might say something that makes you think in a whole different way about a situation, place, or thing. It may not be to your liking, but it's another possible point of view. After all, shining eggs can come from the oddest of places.

Remember that not everyone thinks the same way, nor do each of us know everything.

- I'm leaning towards an Alto x Sheryl ending.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-07-01, 18:22   Link #443
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
In my opinion, even if what people say is sometimes rash, idiotic, or just plain out there... it's always good to listen.

Read, laugh, comment or don't comment. It's simple really. You'll only be as offended as much as you let yourself be... so don't let yourself be. I understand that people have a limit though... and I suppose if you reach it, thats when you hit ignore.

But think of it this way, someone might say something that makes you think in a whole different way about a situation, place, or thing. It may not be to your liking, but it's another possible point of view. After all, shining eggs can come from the oddest of places.

Remember that not everyone thinks the same way, nor do each of us know everything.

- I'm leaning towards an Alto x Sheryl ending.
IMO, life is too short to burden oneself with the rude and obnoxious, *especially* if they can be easily avoided, like here.
Old 2008-07-01, 18:25   Link #444
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Oh god ...DIES! I was just thinking episode 11 may have sunk my ship!!!
As someone who's constantly placing bets on any love triangles, I find that Episode 12 may have sunk the ship in more than one ways. But lol don't worry OD, I'm looking too far ahead, depending on how the two girls are developed in the next episode, it might be actually easy to determine the flow of the love triangle after all.
Old 2008-07-01, 18:31   Link #445
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
IMO, life is too short to burden oneself with the rude and obnoxious, *especially* if they can be easily avoided, like here.
I listen and move along. No burden or bother involved.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-07-01, 18:38   Link #446
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
It's all about Alto-kun for Sheryl and IT'S REALLY BLOODY STUPID!
That's what love is all about, my friend.
Old 2008-07-01, 19:02   Link #447
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Heh, I've actually been wondering what is with all the Nanase obsession in the Macross World forum. The Nanase famboyism isn't large, but they sure are vocal about such a poorly designed, both in appearance and personality, character. I can't say that I focused on her eyebrows , but the proportions of the character are just so unattractive, at least to me they are. She reminds me too much of those blowup clowns that rock back and forth on their asses so you can hit them...

P.S. It's quite refreshing to the vent about my least favorite character in Frontier.
Whoa, I actually signed up to say that I also, absolutely think that Nanase is unimportant to the story (at least so far), is poorly designed, and has a character as flat as her chest is big! Good to find people who agree.

*lurks*
Old 2008-07-01, 19:08   Link #448
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Nanase's role has been made clear as early as Episode 5 : Ranka's supporter / pillar of support. She's always watching out for Ranka, making sure Ranka doesn't slip and pushes her to the front of the love triangle if she feels Ranka is falling behind.

At this point, Sheryl and Ranka's character could go in many ways. Despite all the parallels Ranka share with Minmei, I've still yet to be convinced she'll take up Minmei's legacy. But if she does, then perhaps all these oaths of friendship Nanase swore with Ranka throughout these episodes is an early sign that it won't be as long lasting as Nanase believed it will be.
Old 2008-07-01, 19:17   Link #449
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I certainly loved Nanase's line in episode 4.

"Size doesn't matter!"

That was golden.

- Tak
Old 2008-07-01, 19:50   Link #450
Westlo
Lets be reality

Sup Mike, we should see if other people feel the same way about Nanase on MW, kinda refreshing to finally blast such a useless character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Probably because they didn't really address anything I said. You're in a more respectable position as far as I'm concerned, and it'd be a shame to see you get banned because you're personally angry with me.
Look while I do dislike you I feel no anger to you, pity would be the appropriate emotion... and I'm touched that you're concerned about me but all my infractions have expired and I can look after myself, so just worry about yourself.

Quote:
I'm considering it but for the entire time I've been posting on online forums (2001 July onwards) I've only ever put one person on ignore and that was to stop me from flaming him and getting banned lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
As someone who's constantly placing bets on any love triangles, I find that Episode 12 may have sunk the ship in more than one ways. But lol don't worry OD, I'm looking too far ahead, depending on how the two girls are developed in the next episode, it might be actually easy to determine the flow of the love triangle after all.
Yeah I found 12 to be more convining for a Sheryl end far more than 11. We're playing chess not checkers
Old 2008-07-01, 20:08   Link #451
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
I wish people would stop quoting the Troll. I'm tired of seeing his stupid, idiotic posts!

I put him on ignore for a reason.
Old 2008-07-01, 20:17   Link #452
BleachOD
Banned

now I am getting mixed reviews...
I must watch and make my own determination...

Cris...first you build me up...then let me down...
Old 2008-07-01, 20:37   Link #453
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Sup Mike, we should see if other people feel the same way about Nanase on MW, kinda refreshing to finally blast such a useless character.
I wouldn't have the courage to try that . The Nanase army over there would rend you apart like a pack of rabid wolves .

Quote:
Yeah I found 12 to be more convining for a Sheryl end far more than 11. We're playing chess not checkers
I feel the same way, but it was still depressing to see Sheryl be hurt so badly.
Old 2008-07-01, 20:39   Link #454
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
I see a young girl who is infatuated with her senpai, but who may or may not know anything about him to begin with. If the relationship is built for the right reasons, though, it will develop into something much stronger.
I think both of us can see that Ranka's feelings for Alto has a positive influence on her--especially in episode 12. As long as you also can see the possibility of it growing stronger, then I don't think there's a need for me to write an essay to explain stuffs.

We all know episode 13 will just feature Ranka and Alto finally connecting on a mutual level after all those Sheryl interruptions lol Most importantly, Ranka's worsening feelings for Alto will definitely be showcased. I hope this will finally give this case a rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm
This is what I'm referring to:

"I see. So are you suggesting that Ranka only took action because she wanted to secure Alto?"

I'm simply pointing out that the type of relationship that you've been describing to me is about fear, not love. My points don't apply at all to Ranka if you've misunderstood her (as I suspect you might have), but that's another story altogether.
My bad, I shouldn't have ridden with you since you just colored my sentence in a different light. This is what happened here.

Ranka only took action because she wanted to secure Alto. = Making someone look like a possessive, clingy girl who has no feelings for that particular someone.

Ranka took action because she doesn't want to lose the guy she likes to Sheryl. = What the story just implied. If you love someone, of course you'd want to hold onto him. She hasn't even done anything to start with.

For the record, fear stems from all sorts of emotions, even from love. It's not always right to separate the two because they can be related.

Hope that cleared it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD
Oh god ...DIES! I was just thinking episode 11 may have sunk my ship!!! but you just revved me up again!! thank you! Cookie for you

ALTO X RANKA FTW!
lol Ranka's going for Alto on full speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo
Chess? I thought we're playing ping pong. Depending on episode 13 developments, the ping pong match can only go this way:

Ranka --> Sheryl --> Ranka (where we are atm/halfway) --> Sheryl --> Ranka (the end) ^__^

Given that there are no Ranka bastardizing or death scenarios of course.
Old 2008-07-01, 20:47   Link #455
Westlo
Lets be reality

Depends on when they swing to Sheryl, if they leave it to to late than there won't be a time for another reversal without making Alto look like an indecisive idiot, ecspecially if they continue to lay on the undertones like in episode 12 for the next 4-6 episodes.
Old 2008-07-01, 21:02   Link #456
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
I wouldn't have the courage to try that . The Nanase army over there would rend you apart like a pack of rabid wolves .
Oh god you people are asking for trouble. I wanna watch tho

If nothing else I'm sure the Klan army would back you up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
For the record, fear stems from all sorts of emotions, even from love. It's not always right to separate the two because they can be related.
Fear is related but that's because... fear is the flipside/polar opposite of love. Most negative emotions stem from fear... most of the time from some degree of both... jealousy, envy, hate, etc. etc.
Old 2008-07-01, 21:08   Link #457
Westlo
Lets be reality

I need an eye catching thread title if I'm going to do it, I don't think "Nanase the worthless big titted character" would work...
Old 2008-07-01, 21:11   Link #458
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Whats up with all these "lets trash Nanase" commotion? Geez

- Tak
Old 2008-07-01, 21:21   Link #459
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I need an eye catching thread title if I'm going to do it, I don't think "Nanase the worthless big titted character" would work...
ROTFLMAO!!!!

Oh dear...that's too rich!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-01, 21:44   Link #460
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Fear is related but that's because... fear is the flipside/polar opposite of love. Most negative emotions stem from fear... most of the time from some degree of both... jealousy, envy, hate, etc. etc.
I thought the polar opposite of love is apathy? Like I said, fear stems from different types of emotions. Keyword is "most of the time," but definitely not always. Fear and love can be in the same page.
Closed Thread