AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-22, 00:36   Link #4281
malason13
Forsaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windknight111 View Post
I want a child born from LinaXTats...
Just thinking how powerful their child can be is pretty scary!

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2013-04-22, 01:04   Link #4282
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by malason13 View Post
Just thinking how powerful their child can be is pretty scary!
Just thinking how it would enrage Miyuki fans is even scarier...
Old 2013-04-22, 01:37   Link #4283
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Just thinking how it would enrage Miyuki fans is even scarier...
Or Mayumi fans. Please don't use someone 's name on your behalf.
Honestly i want a boy from TatsxMiyuki and a girl from TatsxLina and then, they marriage and have a boy-named "You Are Dead" . Would love to see how he rolls.
Old 2013-04-22, 02:55   Link #4284
Occulus
〜(^∇^〜) (〜^∇^)〜

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
Not true true heavy metal burst can be used in a urban setting without damaging buildings. Deep abyss has a lot of use since a fluid movement magic and can be used in a lot of non-combat situation in the other hand material burst is so powerful it causes so much damage with a drop of water.
I was more referring to the "Strategic" aspect in Strategic level magic. Since yes, although its probably possible to use it on a low level, if a person wants to use it on a "Strategic" level (ex: Destroy warships, level cities, etc) then they probably don't have fine enough control to be considered practical in anything but AoE destruction. Ex: If Lina was commanded to level a city, the results would probably be similar to as if Tatsuya leveled said city so imo, their practicalities are the same if they wanted to use magic in its "Strategic" form.

It's kinda like comparing a bunker-buster to a traditional bomb: either way, your target is probably annihilated (there's just varying degrees of annihilation).

Of course, I may be completely wrong.

P.S. It should technically be possible for Tatuya to use MB without causing collateral damage if he just MB'ed an extremely small fraction of a gram of mass. Of course, it should be far easier to just use Mist Dispersion than to use target something that small.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:13   Link #4285
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
I was more referring to the "Strategic" aspect in Strategic level magic. Since yes, although its probably possible to use it on a low level, if a person wants to use it on a "Strategic" level (ex: Destroy warships, level cities, etc) then they probably don't have fine enough control to be considered practical in anything but AoE destruction. Ex: If Lina was commanded to level a city, the results would probably be similar to as if Tatsuya leveled said city so imo, their practicalities are the same if they wanted to use magic in its "Strategic" form.

It's kinda like comparing a bunker-buster to a traditional bomb: either way, your target is probably annihilated (there's just varying degrees of annihilation).

Of course, I may be completely wrong.

P.S. It should technically be possible for Tatuya to use MB without causing collateral damage if he just MB'ed an extremely small fraction of a gram of mass. Of course, it should be far easier to just use Mist Dispersion than to use target something that small.
That's impossible to know without knowing all fifty magics, besides what makes it strategic class has not been clearly define.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:58   Link #4286
henzaeroz

Quote:
That's impossible to know without knowing all fifty magics, besides what makes it strategic class has not been clearly define.
so it's not about Area of Effect and the damage cause by the magic ?
Old 2013-04-22, 10:06   Link #4287
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post
so it's not about Area of Effect and the damage cause by the magic ?
Possibly maybe it's different thing or when it reaches a certain level in different aspects (range,distance,power etc...). We just don't have information to make it conclusive .
Old 2013-04-22, 10:09   Link #4288
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
The Japanese government speculates that there're 50 strategic class magicians in the world, but I remember someone mentioning that there're multiple users of the same magic, so there're less than 50 different strategic class magics.
It was mentioned in the preambles (Vol.7 I think?), which are not translated.
Old 2013-04-22, 10:35   Link #4289
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
The Japanese government speculates that there're 50 strategic class magicians in the world, but I remember someone mentioning that there're multiple users of the same magic, so there're less than 50 different strategic class magics.
It was mentioned in the preambles (Vol.7 I think?), which are not translated.
Really but if strategic class magic was systemic their is no way it would not be mention since you can have a platoon of them.
Old 2013-04-22, 11:53   Link #4290
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Really but if strategic class magic was systemic their is no way it would not be mention since you can have a platoon of them.
The strategic magic stuff was mentioned at jcafe by ZeroUrashima.
Apparently Japan developed a strategic class magic with the cooperation of USNA, so it should follow the 4 systems/8 types.
The reason why there are not hundreds of magicians capable of using that magic is because it has an extremely high level of difficulty. Japan's Ten Master Clan are amongst the strongest magicians in the world, but even Saegusa, known for their competence in all 4 systems, are not capable of using it. From the Master Clan, only Tatsuya (BS magician) and Itsuwa Mio (not known if BS or not) are capable of strategic class magic.
Old 2013-04-22, 13:45   Link #4291
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
The strategic magic stuff was mentioned at jcafe by ZeroUrashima.
Apparently Japan developed a strategic class magic with the cooperation of USNA, so it should follow the 4 systems/8 types.
The reason why there are not hundreds of magicians capable of using that magic is because it has an extremely high level of difficulty. Japan's Ten Master Clan are amongst the strongest magicians in the world, but even Saegusa, known for their competence in all 4 systems, are not capable of using it. From the Master Clan, only Tatsuya (BS magician) and Itsuwa Mio (not known if BS or not) are capable of strategic class magic.
Ah so is it unless you could use it all along the technique cannot taught umm... It seems pointless at first glance but it does seem like a the first step to mass producing them.
Old 2013-04-22, 15:27   Link #4292
mumalkatar

Location: Residential District of 22nd Floor of Tower of God,
I wanna ask somethings!

-Is 'Meteor Line' considered as Strategic-Class Magic? since it makes Maya become known as Maou of the East or something.

p.s I'm wondering if there is a Strategic-class magic which do not involve destruction in the future. let's say for example, a town-scale mind interference magic? *grin
Old 2013-04-22, 15:34   Link #4293
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumalkatar View Post
I wanna ask somethings!

-Is 'Meteor Line' considered as Strategic-Class Magic? since it makes Maya become known as Maou of the East or something.

p.s I'm wondering if there is a Strategic-class magic which do not involve destruction in the future. let's say for example, a town-scale mind interference magic? *grin
We've discussed this and no. A strategic class magic should be measured by its scale. It has to be able to act as a game changer during war so it should be able to at least devastate a city.

Update on Drey's page!

Quote:
Volume 9 Chapter 1 - 21/42 (April 23rd)
Old 2013-04-22, 15:39   Link #4294
mumalkatar

Location: Residential District of 22nd Floor of Tower of God,
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
We've discussed this and no. A strategic class magic should be measured by its scale. It has to be able to act as a game changer during war so it should be able to at least devastate a city.
thanks for the answer.
one more thing. i remember reading summary of the web arc. is it true that one of the Registered Strategic-class magician is the big boss of Blanche? since I remember the big boss of Blanche is one of the 13 apostle.
Old 2013-04-22, 15:42   Link #4295
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post

Update on Drey's page!
it was discussed but is that how it is stated.
Old 2013-04-22, 19:08   Link #4296
Occulus
〜(^∇^〜) (〜^∇^)〜

I believe this was the quote talking about the exact definition of Strategic Class Magicians. Of course, I'm not sure whether this was just sandhy88's interpretation of the definition or actual word of author.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Strategic-class and War-class are the same term for magician that has destructive magic. It's not mean that they are strongest, just has magic that can easily erase a whole town from map.
Old 2013-04-22, 19:12   Link #4297
Windknight111
Guardian Of The Wind

I lol'ed at Tats ^

What about a TatsxMayumi kid?
Old 2013-04-22, 21:04   Link #4298
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
I believe this was the quote talking about the exact definition of Strategic Class Magicians. Of course, I'm not sure whether this was just sandhy88's interpretation of the definition or actual word of author.
actually that was reader assumption.

we can compare Maya's Meteor Line vs Mio's Abyss.

i think mio is no match vs maya but why mio is stategic class magician and maya isn't ?
Old 2013-04-22, 21:25   Link #4299
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:

i think mio is no match vs maya but why mio is stategic class magician and maya isn't ?
Can Maya's Meteor Line destroy cities and potentially change the tides of war? No. As amazing and deadly her magic is, it simply isn't on the same scale as Deep Abyss. We've discussed this before, being Strategic-class does not mean you'll kick ass in one-on-one combat. Mio is a sick paraplegiac for crying out loud and her magic takes an even greater toll on her body. Anything can happen during a battle and compatibility of abilities are very important. Just because person A can beat person B and Person B can beat Person C does not mean Person A can beat person C. Although that last example does not really apply to this situation.

Speaking of Deep Abyss, this got me thinking. Her magic is useless against aerial attacks and to some degree terrestial attacks. With the advent of flight magic, is it possible we might see something fantastical and science fiction-like like a flying warship in the future?
Old 2013-04-22, 21:40   Link #4300
synbios

Quote:

Because Maya's meteor line is not Strategic-Class while Mio's deep abyss is. Maya's is most effective in close proximity best in a room and Mio's is a range attack over water. Can't really compare the two's top magic since they are both top of their respective but different fields. Kind of like comparing a Magnum to a bomb easy to tell in what situation which one would be better and why one is Strategic-Class magic and what is not.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings