Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-01, 22:44   Link #3621
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Quit kidding yourself, wingdarkness. You know as well as I do that these days, every Gundam show as it airs is shit, but it becomes a masterpiece once the new one is out. Gundam 00 season 2 was a trainwreck when it was airing, according to everyone, but once AGE came out, Gundam 00 season 2 was a fucking masterpiece that could never be matched.
Hmm, I don't remember OOS2 being a train-wreck that needed to be retconned *cough GSD* *cough Gundam X (although that might be a rare case where it actually helped the story thematically*...

People can say what they will, but Mizushima had a plan that he completely executed on even if I found the movie to be a bit much...

I mean there's "too many Gagas spamming the screen in OO" - "$hit", and then there's the screwing of the mutt-pooch that is Asemu vs. Legullis - "$hit", "$hit" that requires the GSD Final Plus treatment...

Regardless of whether or not some find a previous series a masterpiece (which may be overblown here), basically my point is that, there's levels to this "$hit"...
Old 2013-07-01, 22:59   Link #3622
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That's my point, it WASN'T a trainwreck. But everyone condemned it as one as time went on, up to the finale. Just as they did with Gundam 00 season 1. My point is that people will forget AGE's shortcomings when the next Gundam series arrives, as people will be too busy slamming on that, and some people will compare it negatively to AGE, which will be considered "better".
Old 2013-07-01, 23:37   Link #3623
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well I don't think people will forget AGEs shortcomings any less than they did something like F91's back in the day, or GSD that's coming up on a ten years ago...

Given the fact that AGE was a commercial and critical failure makes it even more glaring than GSD as atleast that was an extremely popular moneymaker... Given the total skew in storytelling dynamics I think AGE will have a distinction that won't be forgotten soon, even with this retcon or whatever...I think the situation with Gundam OO is a gross comparison, since revolts against that show weren't essentially based on production issues or experimental story-telling techniques (both of which created a need for a redeaux)
Old 2013-07-15, 18:59   Link #3624
gordol
Banned

Free delivery of the 1st half(up to Asemu`s hen end?) of MOE on the 20/21 at bandaichannel!
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 12:11   Link #3625
gordol
Banned

http://www.aemedia.org/2013/07/gunda...n-preview.html

-Swordia battle starts 36:00. Dual wielding confirmed, spoilers confirmed
-They kept the awesome ep 20 battle
Old 2013-07-20, 16:23   Link #3626
Aquaman OS

The first half only goes to the halfway point of the 2nd arc (ending after Zehearts Confrontation with Asemu at the lake, no fight scene here, he just flies away and they let him go).

I guess most of the Captain Ash stuff will be skipped and they go from after Asemu's arc to the finale.

Also everyone who isn't Asemu Zeheart or Romary is basically a glorified extra. Even Flit only shows up in two short scenes.

Since they also cut out most of the fights where Asemu isn't fighting Zeheart, it makes it look like he's a poor pilot since Zeheart always defeats him.

Most of the extra school stuff is only shown in a montage during a song. In otherwords we don't get to see any more of Captain Hook Asemu vs Peter Pan Zeheart other than the still we already saw in the trailer.

Still although it suffers early on, because Asemu's arc was arguably the best point of the show, it will make the ending much improved if the rumored spoliers are correct.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 17:27   Link #3627
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
The first half only goes to the halfway point of the 2nd arc (ending after Zehearts Confrontation with Asemu at the lake, no fight scene here, he just flies away and they let him go).

I guess most of the Captain Ash stuff will be skipped and they go from after Asemu's arc to the finale.

Also everyone who isn't Asemu Zeheart or Romary is basically a glorified extra. Even Flit only shows up in two short scenes.

Since they also cut out most of the fights where Asemu isn't fighting Zeheart, it makes it look like he's a poor pilot since Zeheart always defeats him.

Most of the extra school stuff is only shown in a montage during a song. In otherwords we don't get to see any more of Captain Hook Asemu vs Peter Pan Zeheart other than the still we already saw in the trailer.

Still although it suffers early on, because Asemu's arc was arguably the best point of the show, it will make the ending much improved if the rumored spoliers are correct.
agree on everything you said and yes the spoilers are confirmed since Swordia dual wielded in this video
Old 2013-07-20, 18:59   Link #3628
Aquaman OS

That doesn't mean all of them are. Wouldn't be the first time a long list of spoilers only got the first few parts right.
Old 2013-07-20, 22:01   Link #3629
gordol
Banned

Quote:
That doesn't mean all of them are. Wouldn't be the first time a long list of spoilers only got the first few parts right.
don't worry they are all from the same source and therefore legit
Old 2013-07-26, 15:08   Link #3630
Aquaman OS

So it's been out for two days.....

And there's no info on it?
Old 2013-07-26, 15:46   Link #3631
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
So it's been out for two days.....

And there's no info on it?
I think it comes out tomorrow (27.07.)
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 20:14   Link #3632
Aquaman OS

No it came out today. Somebody already posted the redone final Asemu vs Zeheart battle on nicovideo.

Spoiler for surprise surprise:
Old 2013-07-26, 20:23   Link #3633
Skye629

Quote:
No it came out today. Somebody already posted the redone final Asemu vs Zeheart battle on nicovideo.

Spoiler for surprise surprise:
Definitely a troll's work
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 20:38   Link #3634
gordol
Banned

MOE final battle, much better than series

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mjiSQpT5fvc

Last edited by gordol; 2013-07-26 at 21:45.
Old 2013-07-27, 00:37   Link #3635
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post

NOW THAT WAS EPIC

Same result though :P
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 00:48   Link #3636
Blazer-X

Huh... Kinda sad that the Zeheart survival spoilers turned out to be fake. Almost seemed like they had a chance to change the ending there, especially with Asemu physically trying to get him to come with him.

Too bad. Still awesome fight, but a lot of lost potential there.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 04:19   Link #3637
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Now THAT was great final battle! Can't wait to see the full movie.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 11:31   Link #3638
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Azzzzeemuuuu!! Zeehhaarrrttooo! V2!

Meh, still not feelin' it..
Old 2013-07-27, 18:29   Link #3639
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post

Alright that fight was pretty epic. Much better than the TV series by a whole mile. Legillis really brought the fight to Asem.

I wonder who that black Clanche belonged to though.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 00:28   Link #3640
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

That was a pretty epic final fight. Cool actions by both Gundams and a rather emotional ending.

Can't wait for the full movie