AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-06, 09:43   Link #4321
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Those two were already grown individuals with magic abilities and the Bureau doesn't kill what they can use...
For some reason they were only grown to Pre-teen age in the case of Ginga and a elementary school child in the case of Subaru xDU Quint and Henya raised them from that point onwards.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-04-06, 09:53   Link #4322
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
For some reason they were only grown to Pre-teen age in the case of Ginga and a elementary school child in the case of Subaru xDU Quint and Henya raised them from that point onwards.
I am guessing their growth process wasn't artificially accelerated, like the Numbers. If anything, their growing must have been inhibited, since they were still physically children in 0064, despite being ostensibly prototypes whose activation must have preceded Uno's in 0051. But it makes sense to slow down their growth, as (which I believe Ginga or Shari says at some point in StrikerS) their cyborg frames had to be continuously maintenanced for years when they were growing up normally, and their original creators probably wanted to save those costs.
Old 2013-04-06, 09:56   Link #4323
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Well, Uno is a clone of Jail, she's an exception, I think.

and, really, I don't think that, despite being Type Zeroes, that they were activated first.

Really, I wonder if there aren't other type Zero cyborgs that were made and Subaru and Ginga were the only ones that were truly successful.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2013-04-06, 10:25   Link #4324
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Well, Uno is a clone of Jail, she's an exception, I think.
Due was activated just three years after Uno, so the latter is not that special. *shrug*
Old 2013-04-06, 10:27   Link #4325
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Due was activated just three years after Uno, so the latter is not that special. *shrug*
Technically, Due, Tre and Quattro all have modified DNA from Jail in them.

XP

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2013-05-04, 13:05   Link #4326
darkalpha

I know that there are multiple dimensions, and that dimensional ships are necessary to travel through dimensional space between them.

What I'd like is some clarification on the 'dimension' aspect:

Is it actually a single plane of reality? This would mean dimensional space travel is basically a means of FTL transportation to travel between planets within space.

Or alternatively, are dimensions are actually multiple realities (i.e. alternate worlds theory)? This would potentially mean there countless worlds in different planes of reality, and possibly even multiple Earths.

I'm kinda leaning towards the former.
Old 2013-05-04, 13:10   Link #4327
Sunder the Gold

This is one of many things that the franchise never clarifies, though we can be pretty sure that there are no "alternate Earths" even if there ARE alternate dimensions.

The idea that dimensional space-ship travel is merely Faster Than Light transport to other star systems in the same universe IS consistent with what we see.

Aside from the Wolkenritter, no one is ever seen teleporting to a planet in another star system without the aid of a TSAB patrol ships assistance.

The Wolkenritter themselves were servants of the Book of Darkness, a device which can teleport between the stars even after being totally physically destroyed. It's easy to interpret things such that the Wolkenritter can no longer teleport like that, since the Book is now truly gone and unable to assist them in that.

I bother to explain all of that, because if it's really a multi-versal setting instead of a singular universe, then Dimensional Teleport could be interpreted as being possible for a mage to cast unassisted -- merely side-stepping from one universe's habitable planet to another, rather than traveling through space in the same universe.
Old 2013-05-04, 14:12   Link #4328
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Arf did something Similar on S1/MOVIE 1st by teleporting to the Time Garden and back without problems, was that part of Arf's powers or maybe she was assisted by some system within that place?

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-05-04, 14:15   Link #4329
Sunder the Gold

I'd be shocked if the Garden of Time didn't have teleporters.

Fate and Arf would have had access to the codes and proper authorization to contact and enlist those machines.

Presea didn't strike Arf off the authorization list because she believed the familiar was dead or gone for good. Or else that she simply wasn't any threat.

And she wasn't; look how easily Presea took her down.
Old 2013-05-04, 14:43   Link #4330
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
And she wasn't; look how easily Presea took her down.
That fight was an interesting example of Glass Cannon VS. Bruiser, Arf had Precia against the ropes but she got distracted enough to let Precia one shot her with one of he rpowerfull blasts.

Furtherly demonstrated during Gears of Destiny where Signum utterly destroyed the Evil mother by virtue of being faster and a more skilled fighter than her ....then told DP Precia that Fate will surpass her while she was dissapearing ...ouch xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-05-04, 16:17   Link #4331
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkalpha View Post
Is it actually a single plane of reality? This would mean dimensional space travel is basically a means of FTL transportation to travel between planets within space.

Or alternatively, are dimensions are actually multiple realities (i.e. alternate worlds theory)? This would potentially mean there countless worlds in different planes of reality, and possibly even multiple Earths.

I'm kinda leaning towards the former.
Like Sunder said, it's never quite made clear. However, both interpretations are valid. When Chrono explained it, we were show this:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So it's easy to say that each of these "bubbles" is a completely different plane of reality.
Old 2013-05-04, 17:28   Link #4332
Sunder the Gold

Basically, Lyrical Nanoha is either magical girls in Star Trek, or Kingdom Hearts.

(You are now imagining the Arthra as a gummi-ship.)
Old 2013-06-07, 07:00   Link #4333
darkalpha

Was it ever answered how long it took to create a clone (like Fate) or cyborg?
Old 2013-06-23, 05:22   Link #4334
BeastsLair's Fraggle

right, another question.

Did Jail use jewel seeds, or Jewel seed knockoffs , to power his drones during StrikerS? I can't remember.
Old 2013-06-23, 06:50   Link #4335
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

We don't really know. What we do know is that, real of fake, what Jail uses is only a microscopic fragment of a full-size Jewel Seed. Said seed-shards were also only found on the big round ones.
Old 2013-06-23, 17:56   Link #4336
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

The easiest (and fanon, unfortunately) explanation is that power sources are jewel-shaped in nanohaverse. Or at least, Jail makes them jewel-shaped after realizing from analyzing the Jewel Seeds that jewel-shapes are [INSERT MAGITECHBABLE EXPLANATION HERE]
Old 2013-07-30, 07:59   Link #4337
Gx Hero
Rambler

You know something that has been bugging me. Why didn't the counsel look into the wolkeinriter. They are magical programs and their curse of servitude while under the book of darkness seems more ideal than clones or cyborgs, and probably is more ethical, not that any of it was, and cheaper to, more guarantee that you get what you want, and the agelessness issue, something that Subaru and ginga and the numbers have to worry about.

In short is there any thing on the wolkeinriters origins how the book was corupted and if they were added later.
Old 2013-07-30, 11:30   Link #4338
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I agree on the plus of having used Wolkenritter-like corps in the past but now is too late to take that direction seeing the original Wolks themselves are largely inefficient against modern threats all based around some form of anti-magic. They managed to get some usefulness back with a lot of help from add ons but i think that would go against the purpouse of having a reliable and cost saving attack force. So far the cyborg-based raptors seem to be the more plausible step in the evolution of infantry due to the wake of mage-killer weaponry all over the universe.

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-07-31, 16:06   Link #4339
Gx Hero
Rambler

True, forgot about raptors, but we don't know anything about the technology that made the wolkientriter anyway since it is both lost logia and likely dead. THe raptors are the mos ethical thing since well imagine a hundred hayates, Scaglati's Sette's and more being produced would be madness.

Now I have another question. I stirkers it shows that Sein can't fly. Being the modle for mass production shouldn't she be able to fly as a basic ability and have basic magic capabilities, after all what is the point of artificial mages if they can't do the basics, fly sheild, bind, and shoot.

Also I want to know where it is mentions that Nanoha is on Medical leave during the four years before Vivid and not on maternity leave being officially a single parent. Nad by where I mean states that it will take years or during the vivid time line she is still crippled.

Sorry about bluntness its just that there are somethings that almost every fan assumes and is actually not true, nor proof of how true it is.
Old 2013-07-31, 17:02   Link #4340
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Don't have any official source but as far as i know Nanoha was put out of comission for a while sometime after StrikerS in order to recover from the stress her linker core suffered for abusing the Blaster system during the fight in the Cradle.

She still does mostly well in mock fights and by FORCE she looks plenty recovered.

~The ASFB~
Closed Thread