AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-20, 15:39   Link #261
chrno_the_sinner

I just scanned the OP again.

It's Jun running. You can see the reflection in his glasses. He's also the only one who wears glasses.
chrno_the_sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 15:57   Link #262
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno_the_sinner View Post
I just scanned the OP again.

It's Jun running. You can see the reflection in his glasses. He's also the only one who wears glasses.
Jun does wear glasses but I believe one other character does where glasses but I forget who....I do think its Jun running though.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 15:59   Link #263
Muddle!

Send a message via AIM to Muddle!
I watched the second episode earlier this morning and really enjoyed it though I wish I didn't know what was going to happen already.

Anyway I was wondering if anybody else noticed this curious shot. You can see it at 20:40 where Anko, Maki, Komo, and Kana are on screen. Basically Komo is sitting down in the background however she is overlapping Kana who is in the foreground. I find the size difference particularly amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Jun does wear glasses but I believe one other character does where glasses but I forget who....I do think its Jun running though.
Kodama started wearing Kokopelli's glasses this episode, but I also believe it is Jun running considering all of the other characters got their own shots in the OP.
Muddle! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 16:20   Link #264
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddle! View Post

Kodama started wearing Kokopelli's glasses this episode, but I also believe it is Jun running considering all of the other characters got their own shots in the OP.
Ah I knew someone did! I still dont have all the names straight. Yeah Jun is the only one what you dont "see" in the OP so it must be him.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 16:33   Link #265
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I'm starting to think of the lines that

Spoiler for mere speculation:

Sorry if this had already been posted earlier. I skimmed through the whole thread but I may have missed something
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 17:11   Link #266
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well that was sure an interesting second episode that gave me a great feel this isnt going to be "Just another mecha show". Really suprised me who they killed off considering his character type kindof reminded me of the typical shonen hero you know? Energetic and alittle loud mouthed, but still a good kid.

Very interested to see where this is going to go.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 17:26   Link #267
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly a shock that they would kill off that kind of guy. Kind of person you see as the leader type or just that young hero. Now he's gone and you have a group that will be dealing with that loss, but still having the next enemy on the horizon.

Spoiler for Just Speculating:

Really can't wait for the next episodes. Really want to see what kind aftermath will occur.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 17:42   Link #268
chrno_the_sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddle! View Post

I meant real glasses, not fake ones . Nah, I totally forgot about him. Jun's still the running kid though.
chrno_the_sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 21:26   Link #269
Proto

Spoiler for further speculation:
Old 2007-04-20, 21:33   Link #270
vspirit
...huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
Spoiler for further speculation:
Do you want a denial or confirmation for that now? Or would you rather find out for your own over the course of the story unfolding?
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 21:36   Link #271
Proto

Quote:
Do you want confirmation for that now? Or would you rather find out for your own over the course of the story unfolding?
Hmm... I guess I'm better of waiting for the story to explain itself. Thanks anyway

Though the fact that you used the word confirmation and that you only directed to me and not to other speculators gives it away a little but meh

Last edited by Proto; 2007-04-20 at 21:51.
Old 2007-04-20, 22:35   Link #272
vspirit
...huh?

whoops, sorry about that. ^^; should've expected that since you've proven to be a pretty sharp one thus far.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 01:48   Link #273
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Certainly a shock that they would kill off that kind of guy. Kind of person you see as the leader type or just that young hero. Now he's gone and you have a group that will be dealing with that loss, but still having the next enemy on the horizon.

Spoiler for Just Speculating:

Really can't wait for the next episodes. Really want to see what kind aftermath will occur.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-21, 05:22   Link #274
wao
OK.

I watched ep 2 some time ago. Maybe it was because I was tired when I watched it or whatever, but it didn't really register very much with me. The plot twist at the end somehow didn't come across as surprising as I thought it was because everyone was so blank about it. It felt a bit odd that Jun (was that the name of the guy who did it?) was going on explaining and explaining...

But I guess in hindsight it does make sense that such a thing would happen, still, there was something about the episode that didn't make me feel for it a lot. And the way they made what happen happen just felt a little too convenient or something...

BTW, I haven't read the manga but I'm just guessing here:
Spoiler for ep 2:
Old 2007-04-21, 05:36   Link #275
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

This kind of show needs a bit to grow on the watcher. So, while I recognize the almost flawless execution, I also sense the absolute coldness Bokurano oozes.
Yet, I'm intrigued because I like the concept and Bokurano may give something that Narutaru didn't manage to. I'm sure that as the clouds covering the main plot will slightly unveil, the core behind it will be very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
BTW, I haven't read the manga but I'm just guessing here:
Spoiler for ep 2:
I haven't read the manga as well and I kind of had the same thought

Spoiler for ep.2:

Still need to figure Kana's role, she must not be there for nothing. I've the feeling she might be crucial later, though it isn't in any way understable how, at the moment.

Ah, by the way, Opening and Ending theme are probably the best ones on this season (if not the best, really close to).

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-04-21 at 06:43. Reason: typo
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 05:59   Link #276
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

I didn't like the episode very much, either. I thought Waku's story was presented better in the manga, but in the anime it seemed generic as hell. And I can't stand the 3D, they completely destroy my aesthetic sense. Anyway, the good part hasn't started yet.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 08:54   Link #277
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
This kind of show needs a bit to grow on the watcher. So, while I recognize the almost flawless execution, I also sense the absolute coldness Bokurano oozes.
Yet, I'm intrigued because I like the concept and Bokurano may give something that Narutaru didn't manage to. I'm sure that as the clouds covering the main plot will slightly unveil, the core behind it will be very good.

I haven't read the manga as well and I kind of had the same thought

Spoiler for ep.2:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-21, 14:11   Link #278
Diedrupo

These are spoilers + comments, don't read unless you don't mind getting ep 3 or 4's revelation spoiled:

Spoiler:
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 15:13   Link #279
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Takashi:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Still need to figure Kana's role, she must not be there for nothing.
She's there so Jun can take out his frustration when needed. Oh, and she's cute, so she's needed. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
These are spoilers + comments, don't read unless you don't mind getting ep 3 or 4's revelation spoiled:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-21, 18:06   Link #280
stpehen
kisses for all

I'm actually rather disappointed that Dung Beetle just sounds like any other character. I thought the entire point of him having a completely different font from the human characters in the manga was to show that he had an abnormal voice (say, high-pitched, or "electronic") and I was expecting that they would run some sort of effect over the V.A.'s lines. It's not such a big deal in the overall picture, but it seems like the kind of detail that an attentive editorial team would pounce on.
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha