AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-06, 01:23   Link #321
ReddyRedWolf

You know whenever Battle Frontier's bridge bunny calls "Commander" I can't help but want to say Max's famous line. "Don't take your eyes off the monitor."
Old 2008-09-06, 01:31   Link #322
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
And for the record everytime I see Ranka's "flaws" get discussed on here it is in relation to the shipping.
Your point is? We talk a lot about shipping here, Ranka is someone who wants ( wanted, better said ) to be with Alto, her actions until the very end of episode 21 were all about Alto. Of course we have to discuss about Ranka in relation to her wanting to be with Alto, because that was all she was about until just last week.

So kindly stop your concern trolling. Dislike of Ranka didnīt magically appear on the board, it built up over lots and lots of little actions, were she used her tunnel vision ( also known as the "moe death stare" ^^) to see everything through Alto coloured glasses. After reality came crushing down on her in episode 19/20, she first managed to ( unintentionally ) kill thousands of people and ( intentionally ) not care much about it.

Those are facts which are supported by evidence on the show. If you want to deny reality just like Ranka, go ahead. But please leave us to our discussing the reality of things.
Old 2008-09-06, 03:13   Link #323
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
They may have simply been caught up in the moment. It's easy to overlook even the most important details in the moment.

Even so, what was shown is up to the eye of the beholder.
This isn't actually @ you TwilightHack, but generally speaking, you bring up a nagging point... If AltoxSheryl DID do the horizontal boogie, I'd find it really out of character for Sheryl. This V-Type virus is essentially like AIDS+cancer. Even in the heat of the moment, I really cannot believe that Sheryl would have sex with the person she loved (or anyone else for that matter.) knowing that it could be a death sentence for them as well as her. If nothing else, we've seen Sheryl grow beyond mere disengagement for the safety of others to active participation in the safety of those around her... this is further bolstered by this episode. Engaging in risky behavior, even in this situation is antithetical for her.

I've watched and re-watched the pan up and see where people feel there was a kiss there, and if >I< were Alto, I might have kissed her... BUT if you can feel that the pan up was to imply goings-on, it could equally have hidden a LACK of goings-on too. I've also rewatched over and over, the following shot of Alto on the porch and see no indication of redress, metaphorical elements in the shot, or really any difference in Alto, except that he has his boots back on... SO I don't know what other post coital implication could be there... Plus, assuming they DID kiss, No matter how steamy and emotional, it doesn't automatically follow that copulation must have occurred.

True enough about the eyes of the beholder... But IMO The Sheryl colored glasses being worn by some are leading to conclusions not consistent with the character, or the past arguments of those leveling the suggestions. Perhaps a round of cold showers is in order...
Old 2008-09-06, 03:58   Link #324
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
This isn't actually @ you TwilightHack, but generally speaking, you bring up a nagging point... If AltoxSheryl DID do the horizontal boogie, I'd find it really out of character for Sheryl. This V-Type virus is essentially like AIDS+cancer. Even in the heat of the moment, I really cannot believe that Sheryl would have sex with the person she loved (or anyone else for that matter.) knowing that it could be a death sentence for them as well as her. If nothing else, we've seen Sheryl grow beyond mere disengagement for the safety of others to active participation in the safety of those around her... this is further bolstered by this episode. Engaging in risky behavior, even in this situation is antithetical for her.

I've watched and re-watched the pan up and see where people feel there was a kiss there, and if >I< were Alto, I might have kissed her... BUT if you can feel that the pan up was to imply goings-on, it could equally have hidden a LACK of goings-on too. I've also rewatched over and over, the following shot of Alto on the porch and see no indication of redress, metaphorical elements in the shot, or really any difference in Alto, except that he has his boots back on... SO I don't know what other post coital implication could be there... Plus, assuming they DID kiss, No matter how steamy and emotional, it doesn't automatically follow that copulation must have occurred.

True enough about the eyes of the beholder... But IMO The Sheryl colored glasses being worn by some are leading to conclusions not consistent with the character, or the past arguments of those leveling the suggestions. Perhaps a round of cold showers is in order...
First off, we donīt know that the V-Type disease is sexually transmitted. Yeah, bodily fluids, blablabla... we all automatically associate it with AIDS, therefore sex = bad. But that was never stated on the show.

Sheryl just saw a detailed report on her condition when she talked to Leon and Luca. So *maybe* she went for it, because she knew that she couldnīt infect Alto that way.

Alto and Sheryl at least kissed, donīt kid yourself, Mughi.

As for the afterwards scene, for what itīs worth someone on RC posted a very detailed close-up of Alto after the kiss/sex scene. He claims that Alto wears Sheryls top under his jacket, so judge for yourself:

Spoiler for Speculalalation:
Old 2008-09-06, 04:05   Link #325
wolfboy
:3

^^ Uhh that's the same shirt he's always been wearing.
Old 2008-09-06, 04:09   Link #326
inyang86

Quote:
Actually, it isn't confirmed that this V-Type virus is essentially like AIDS+cancer. It's only stated the virus comes from Vajra's salivar, so it's passed from Vajra to human. But this doesn't mean that it can be passed through hyman to human.
I mean Sheryl is definitly experienced, and if it's transmitted via sex well it just can't be hidden... right?

Quote:
I've also rewatched over and over, the following shot of Alto on the porch and see no indication of redress, metaphorical elements in the shot, or really any difference in Alto, except that he has his boots back on...
He's wearing his jacket properly and then after the scene his jacket is hanging on his shoulder.
I say that pretty much clarifies the situation
Old 2008-09-06, 04:10   Link #327
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
First off, we donīt know that the V-Type disease is sexually transmitted. Yeah, bodily fluids, blablabla... we all automatically associate it with AIDS, therefore sex = bad. But that was never stated on the show.

Sheryl just saw a detailed report on her condition when she talked to Leon and Luca. So *maybe* she went for it, because she knew that she couldnīt infect Alto that way.

Alto and Sheryl at least kissed, donīt kid yourself, Mughi.

As for the afterwards scene, for what itīs worth someone on RC posted a very detailed close-up of Alto after the kiss/sex scene. He claims that Alto wears Sheryls top under his jacket, so judge for yourself:

Spoiler for Speculalalation:
OR he was wearing his jacket when he went into the room and when he came out, it was just draped over his shoulders. Now, either it became too hot inside the room (no pun intended, lol) or some other kind of hotness ensued.
Old 2008-09-06, 04:13   Link #328
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
^^ Uhh that's the same shirt he's always been wearing.
It's draped over his shoulders instead of wearing it as when we saw him last. The implication is he took it off sometime between the two scenes for whatever reason.
Old 2008-09-06, 04:15   Link #329
wolfboy
:3

Ah, I see that. However, the quote said he was wearing Sheryl's top.
Old 2008-09-06, 04:18   Link #330
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Send a message via MSN to CeruleaFeng
Quote:
It seems that the jacket flaps have been mistaken for something else.
Old 2008-09-06, 04:20   Link #331
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
I dunno what the guy was thinking when he typed that.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-06, 04:22   Link #332
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
I dunno what the guy was thinking when he typed that.
Well, I just quoted the guy on RC. ^^
Old 2008-09-06, 04:22   Link #333
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Yea I don't get what is being said about Sheryl's top XD

By the way, I have an important announcement.

AIDS DOES NOT EXIST IN ANIMU.

Yes that is all.
Old 2008-09-06, 04:26   Link #334
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
Yea I don't get what is being said about Sheryl's top XD

By the way, I have an important announcement.

AIDS DOES NOT EXIST IN ANIMU.

Yes that is all.
Instead we get the V-type virus which worse... At least AIDS alone doesn't kill you.

But yeah, no one knows how it specifically works or if its contagious. I mean think about it, if it was transmittable by simple body fluids don't you think a lot other people who've come into contact with Sheryl and Ranka would have it also?

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-06, 04:33   Link #335
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

They really need to explain what they mean by body fluids :'D
Otherwise we might start thinking Sheryl or Ranka got raped by big buglies.
Macross will be...very strange if that really happens;;;
Old 2008-09-06, 04:38   Link #336
inyang86

Everyone is automatically assuming Alto will go out to save Ranka in universe, but I think it's gonna be Ozma with his friends SMS who save Ranka and come back triumphantly with the dicovery of a planet to settle now that Macros Fleet's resources are limited up to only 3 month... and so becomes Ranka the goddess saves the day. One of the reason why I think it's gonna be Alto/Sheryl.

One gets the fame, the other gets the man. It's the oldest tradition in Macross Universe.
And here was I hoping for Alto/Ranka ending with Sheryl being the songstress of Universe...lol
Old 2008-09-06, 04:38   Link #337
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, I just quoted the guy on RC. ^^
And obviously had enough concern about it to mention it here instead of immediately dismissing it. Perhaps your hopes are a little too high.

On the matter of the V-Type virus, because it's a virus it attacks the host cells in the body. Obviously it takes a long time to spread to the brain or else Sheryl would already be dead. It's possible that it could lay dormant in the blood and not materialize unless provoked to do so in some way. For example, someone could have tuberculosis and not see symptoms from it for a very long time. If they are medicated that tuberculosis is still in the blood, however it has been neutralized. When they blood work done you still detect tuberculosis in the blood but it's harmless.

Lastly, back to the show and not the romance in the show, on the planet that Brera and Ranka discovered, was that ring orbiting it and the symbol on it, that of the Birdman from Macross Zero?
Old 2008-09-06, 04:39   Link #338
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

@inyang86: I think there was a next ep spoiler in the spec threads that says otherwise but...either way, Alto isn't quite jackassy enough to get back on his word.
If we're learned anything about him so far, his resolutions are stubborn as fuck D8;

@kilroy0097:
But...birdman was just a spiral;;;
I mean I don't doubt it due to the heavy references, but still X'D
Old 2008-09-06, 04:40   Link #339
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
god... i need the sub badly....
Old 2008-09-06, 04:42   Link #340
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008