AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 29 Rating
Perfect 10 13 24.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 29.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 31.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-24, 23:17   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 29 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Episode 29.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-10-25, 07:09   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Best scene of the episode = Kimbley smiling in the preview for episode 30. Oh my that was brilliant.

Quite like how they shown the Armstrong scene from the Ishbal flashback during his speech, and there's another own shown in the preview, so i'm glad they'll include them. Either way next weeks episode is sure to be a very powerful one, and i can't wait to see how well it'll be portrayed.

Only problem i had with his episode was having the ED song play during Scar's scene at the end. That just didn't fit at all.
Old 2009-10-25, 07:32   Link #3
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Best scene of the episode = Kimbley smiling in the preview for episode 30. Oh my that was brilliant.
Kimbley? Must see preview(avatar material?)! Can't wait until subs are out..or the raw
Old 2009-10-25, 07:56   Link #4
konart

Next is Ishbal mini arc ^^
Old 2009-10-25, 07:59   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
Kimbley? Must see preview(avatar material?)! Can't wait until subs are out..or the raw
The raw has been out all morning.

& konart is the first to use Kimbley smile as an avatar.
Old 2009-10-25, 10:16   Link #6
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

This episode looks decent, can't wait to watch it again with the subs, then I'll rate it. I agree that it was weird how they played the ED music during the Scar/Marcoh scene, I kinda laughed when the music was all cheery, then it suddenly stopped when Scar grabbed his head and began yelling at him haha, it just seemed out of place.

Oh, Kimblee. Can't wait til we get to see more of him, looks like we will next week! Plus,
Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2009-10-25, 11:13   Link #7
Ziziphus
Whatever

My first impression: this episode was surprisingly good. They covered a lot in about 22 minutes but it played out quite well. The ending was a bit strange I must admit, but I liked it, and the ED music made the scene with Marcoh telling Scar he saw God in him very emotional.

And just like other manga readers, I'm super excited about next week's episode.
Old 2009-10-25, 12:26   Link #8
xellos2099

I want to see "It is a stray bullet." scene
Old 2009-10-25, 14:53   Link #9
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
I want to see "It is a stray bullet." scene
Don't get your hopes up, it'll probably be cut. They're doing all of Ishval in one episode after all.

Quote:
Having now watched the episode, I can concur with this.

Hearing Ling's voice again during Greed's conversation with Wrath was also pretty awesome.

What wasn't so awesome was the art in this episode. A bit wobbly, no? But still, it wasn't horrible. I could live with it.

Regardless of the art though, it was a very nice episode. Too bad I probably won't be able to say the same next week. But we'll see.

Last edited by Vicious108; 2009-10-25 at 19:53.
Old 2009-10-25, 20:05   Link #10
Haladflire65
*Artist

Good episode, and ISBHAL next week! But now I'm a little worried - I didn't see Roy, Riza or Hughes in the preview. Are they gonna pull this off right?
Old 2009-10-25, 21:38   Link #11
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Don't get your hopes up, it'll probably be cut. They're doing all of Ishval in one episode after all.
I was thinking the same thing, but considering that he actually appears during these flashbacks according to the preview raises the chances somewhat.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-10-25, 23:19   Link #12
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, they might split it into two eps. or at least one and a half. that would be ideal. i just want them to get to Briggs.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2009-10-26, 06:49   Link #13
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Regardless of the art though, it was a very nice episode. Too bad I probably won't be able to say the same next week. But we'll see.
As long as they keep the important parts then it should be okay, but yeah i'd rather see the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
well, they might split it into two eps. or at least one and a half. that would be ideal. i just want them to get to Briggs.
Going by the episode title for episode 31, no the Ishbal story will just be one episode.
Old 2009-10-26, 11:00   Link #14
GaimeGuy

considering the high action sequences in Ishval, it should be better than we anticipated. Especially since Scar's backstory was already covered (that's a good 30% of the Ishval volume, IIRC). They may also have Mustang doing his whole big speech that he had with Hughes as some dialogue that occurs as narration over some action scenes, although they did have a little bit of it back in episode 10.

Spoiler for Manga stuff:
Old 2009-10-26, 13:30   Link #15
Serpit

Quote:
As long as they keep the important parts then it should be okay, but yeah i'd rather see the whole thing.

Going by the episode title for episode 31, no the Ishbal story will just be one episode.
Not necessarily, going by episode titles alone, one and half episodes are still an option. Since Episode 31 is called "A 520 Cenz Promise", which happens on the first few pages of the corresponding chapter, the stuff after Ishbal leading up to it would only contain 1 chapter, so there's enough room for the final events of the Ishbal flashback to fit in.
Old 2009-10-26, 13:52   Link #16
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpit View Post
Not necessarily, going by episode titles alone, one and half episodes are still an option. Since Episode 31 is called "A 520 Cenz Promise", which happens on the first few pages of the corresponding chapter, the stuff after Ishbal leading up to it would only contain 1 chapter, so there's enough room for the final events of the Ishbal flashback to fit in.
I still think all the Ishbal content will be in one episode, and the content that comes after that will be featured in episode 31. But yeah i do see where you're coming from.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-10-26 at 15:04.
Old 2009-10-26, 15:00   Link #17
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpit View Post
Yeah that occured to me as well. Certainly hope it is the case, that way they might be able to do Ishval justice. Scar's portion of the flashback has already been animated after all.
Old 2009-10-26, 16:18   Link #18
destiny4everlove

Episode 29

-Ed fixing his antenna after showering was hilarious!!!

-Chibi panda blushing and then covering her eyes upon seeing Ed naked was so cute!!

-I feel like I missed something from last episode to this one...when did Scar put Mei chan inside Al’ body?

-The moment when Bradley pierced Al with his sword, for a moment there I thought he had hurt Mei chan, thankfully he didn’t.

-Roy running all worried about Liza was so sweet! Although I must say I liked this moment better in the manga.

-The telephone conversation between Winry and Ed was very sweet too! And I liked this moment better in this episode than in the manga.

-I was so so so happy to hear Ling’s true voice again!!!!!

-Roy’s line about him being an ordinary human is such a great line!

-The scene of Oto-sama “giving birth” to Gluttony was ewwwww and creepy.

-I can’t wait to watch the next episode!!

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!

Last edited by destiny4everlove; 2009-11-06 at 09:27.
Old 2009-10-26, 16:34   Link #19
Haladflire65
*Artist

^ I agree with you on everything there, Destiny4everlove!

Now I'm thinking that maybe the Ishbal flashback won't be so bad... They already animated Scar's parts, as well as Armstrong's (I think they'll leave it at what was shown in this episode), so there's a little more room for Kimbley, the Brigadeur General, Roy, Riza and Hughes. And since ep 30 would probably lead into 31, judging by the titles... I really hope they do one of FMA's coolest arcs justice.
Old 2009-10-26, 18:05   Link #20
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Lan Fan was so cool in this ep imho.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Closed Thread