AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2013-11-14, 10:36   Link #9721
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

This manga may be slow paced, but one thing you can be true, ALL Hayate's story goes through one only year, and suposely will end with Maria's arc, whose birthday is coincidently on 25 of december, end of the year and christmas, where the story began...
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 19:00   Link #9722
GDB

Looks like this is how Ruka's going to write-off her love for Hayate. Deeming it a "shiny thing that looks great, but is actually superficial."
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 19:14   Link #9723
MCAL

Nagi showing she's mature now and Ruka and Hayate having some fun together. What could be bad?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 19:22   Link #9724
ChampDream
Alive

well it look like is Hayate and Ruka enjoying the festival, while everybody else wait for the fireworks to start
Old 2013-11-17, 21:23   Link #9725
madmac

Nagi giving Ruka a bit of space to say her goodbyes is a nice touch. I liked Hayate letting go and acting like a kid for a while, too.

Quote:
Looks like this is how Ruka's going to write-off her love for Hayate. Deeming it a "shiny thing that looks great, but is actually superficial."
I think you're right, but no sense worrying about it too much when all will be revealed (and ended, hopefully) next week.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 21:43   Link #9726
Shadow5YA

5% body fat is kind of low...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 21:47   Link #9727
GDB

Very low. Half to a third of a normal male's body fat.

Also, totally expecting that random ass girl involved with the jewels to show up during the fireworks to assault Ruka/Hayate.
Old 2013-11-17, 22:34   Link #9728
MCAL

Damn! How could I have missed it?! If Ruka has 20,000 yen from her doujinshi that would mean she did sell all 100, but bought an extra copy with her.
Old 2013-11-17, 22:42   Link #9729
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Damn! How could I have missed it?! If Ruka has 20,000 yen from her doujinshi that would mean she did sell all 100, but bought an extra copy with her.
No, she didn't bring an extra. Kayura bought the last copy, remember?

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-11-17 at 22:53.
Old 2013-11-18, 00:09   Link #9730
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No, she didn't bring an extra. Kayura bought the last copy, remember?
Ah that would make sense. Never mind then.
Old 2013-11-18, 07:13   Link #9731
madmac

Kayura didn't buy the last copy, and as far as we know Ruka's Dad didn't either. He offered, but she just told him to read it.

There's not much point in throwing in a subtle point like the amount of money Ruka was carrying without having it mean something, so I'm leaning towards her having an extra copy to throw the match, or just as a tiebreaker or because she wanted one left over because who knows.

It's not like Ruka losing intentionally is some crazy theory with no evidence, even Nagi suspected her last chapter.
Old 2013-11-18, 13:44   Link #9732
mitsuganae

Rather pedestrian chapter, though it's great that Hata is doing his usual thing of not immeadiately following up on the previous chapter's ending question. I'm still wondering about the question posed by Machina's reappearance, though I'm sure he's having lots of fun with Saku . . .
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 14:31   Link #9733
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuganae View Post
Rather pedestrian chapter, though it's great that Hata is doing his usual thing of not immeadiately following up on the previous chapter's ending question. I'm still wondering about the question posed by Machina's reappearance, though I'm sure he's having lots of fun with Saku . . .
Hata-sensei is notorious about that.

About Machina, while I'm not saying this will happen, it could be a year still before we see him again. I mean, the Georgia Max Coffee moment from chapter 429 was foreshadowed in chapter 218 (volume 21). That's a 211 chapter gap and how many years? ^_^;

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 15:21   Link #9734
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post

About Machina, while I'm not saying this will happen, it could be a year still before we see him again. I mean, the Georgia Max Coffee moment from chapter 429 was foreshadowed in chapter 218 (volume 21). That's a 211 chapter gap and how many years? ^_^;
Son of a gun. You're right. Hata must take very, very detailed notes when he finishes a chapter.

Yeah... I suspect we'll see Machina in about four years from now.
Old 2013-11-18, 16:59   Link #9735
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Son of a gun. You're right. Hata must take very, very detailed notes when he finishes a chapter.
I suspect that for moments like the Max Coffee and other dangling plot threads, he has some kind of notes for them. But yeah, when I reread the manga, I see how he'll drop these little things that seem innocuous or don't even register that much at all, then make them pay off way down the road.

And to think, in chapter 218, Ruka hadn't been introduced yet.

Quote:
Yeah... I suspect we'll see Machina in about four years from now.
*lol* Well, maybe around three by now.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 09:33   Link #9736
GlassesLady
dat apple

Well even if I don't ship HayatexRuka that was a pretty cute chapter.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 20:07   Link #9737
madmac

Dammit Hata, you're just too good at this.
Old 2013-11-22, 20:19   Link #9738
AdventSleeper

So Hayate really did have feeling for Ruka?
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 20:26   Link #9739
Shadow5YA

This chapter makes me even less convinced that Ruka loves her idol career. It feels more like what she said to her parents was just lip service to tell them that she has never depended on them in life and never will, so her choice has nothing to do with them.
Old 2013-11-22, 20:27   Link #9740
GDB

Seems so. That or he really just wants to live his own life, which he can't really do as a butler.

Tags
comedy, shounen