AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-08-30, 00:02   Link #101
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I haven't finished this week's episode, but the first few minutes are eerily creepy...imagine if our entire online and offline presence is searchable. Combining Google, Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, Yahoo, Snapchat, and all other digital media we use in addition to all the "offline" records about us like consumer/credit report/background checks, job history, family lineage etc. would make for a very powerful and unnecessarily informative profile of someone we research, whether it's a prospective employee, or potential dating partner, or for any other purpose. Let's hope the future is not as portrayed in this episode (although it seems like it's heading there).

Edit:
Just finished the episode. Best part for me was when Goemon discovered what PeopleLog wrote about him! Let's see how the trio outsmart PeopleLog next week!

Last edited by magnumcyclonex; 2018-08-30 at 00:40.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 14:26   Link #102
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

"Overseeing their citizens is the reason governments exist."

Thomas Hobbes would be proud.

I notice that R/L problem has reared its head. The kingdom of Padar is called Padal on the chart shown to those officials.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 14:28   Link #103
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
"Overseeing their citizens is the reason governments exist."

Thomas Hobbes would be proud.

I notice that R/L problem has reared its head. The kingdom of Padar is called Padal on the chart shown to those officials.
And that was so jaring, when the french is so well written.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 16:52   Link #104
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Eh. It's "Vive la France", not "Viva la France".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-01, 16:36   Link #105
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Finally caught up, and I gotta say, that mystery episode turned out to be one of my favorites in the whole series, setting up a red herring from the get go and using mostly visual cues you can go back and see yourself for the revelations. Very well done. I even enjoyed the next episode despite the simplicity of just watching what was apparently a normal day in the life of Lupin and crew. The other two were fun as well, bu the mystery definetly gets the top spot. Nad now we're at the final arc, and it looks quite similar to the first one, which is a bit dissappointing. Still, Ami's here and now the crew is fighting against the full power of the internet, so its going to be a fun ride regardless. Bring it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
I haven't finished this week's episode, but the first few minutes are eerily creepy...imagine if our entire online and offline presence is searchable. Combining Google, Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, Yahoo, Snapchat, and all other digital media we use in addition to all the "offline" records about us like consumer/credit report/background checks, job history, family lineage etc. would make for a very powerful and unnecessarily informative profile of someone we research, whether it's a prospective employee, or potential dating partner, or for any other purpose. Let's hope the future is not as portrayed in this episode (although it seems like it's heading there).

Edit:
Just finished the episode. Best part for me was when Goemon discovered what PeopleLog wrote about him! Let's see how the trio outsmart PeopleLog next week!
There's another problem with such systems the episode addresses a bit more subtly, and that is lack of context; the info put in by the rat guy on how Lupin and crew killed his family was indeed true, but it omits the fact of why they did that in the first place. Same goes to the rich guy we just saw getting innocent bystanders sniped a few episodes ago, and of course, it is with context that we know innocent young ladies are the last people who should be afraid of Goemon. With the right wording, anyone can send an angry mob your way, as we saw happen to Lupin and Jigen.

Worst part is, you don't need to imagine stuff like thi in real life, because it's already happening!
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-04, 14:47   Link #106
Nivek von Beldo

Don't tell me that Amy...Ami is Enzo daugther all along?

Enzo played Goemon like a fiddle and nice those memories as old footage from the old series.

Yes it was and that was an amazing chapter, Heck goemon, see Lupin was always like a goal for you, you wanted to be the best, that is why you got with the best thief in the shadows.

next chapter is something.
Old 2018-09-05, 00:46   Link #107
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well, there go all my doubts regarding this last arc. Ami gets a hell of a role to play, relationships and places in the world are being tested, and things are going crazy overall. Really makes me want to check some of the older stuff, which I presume is a big part of the point, given how the one-offs seemed to be a showcase of Lupin through the ages. Can't wait for the next episode.
Old 2018-09-11, 14:29   Link #108
Dop
Mmmm....

Oh, there are some NICE callbacks at the end there.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 15:09   Link #109
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
yup, looks like Peoplelog biggest flaw is the invasion of piracy including World Governments dirty secrets which lead to getting shut down by them. Enzio weakness is his God complex.
Old 2018-09-11, 15:14   Link #110
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Yeah and the title drop with Lupin own theatrics, feels show what Lupin III truly this, and his plan, using his enemy strength as a weakness, just amazing.
Old 2018-09-11, 17:24   Link #111
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

This season is probably the most I've ever enjoyed this series.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-12, 08:21   Link #112
akumaten

Next episode, Lupin steals social media!
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-13, 22:14   Link #113
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I'm going to be so sad when this is all over. I remember posting early on if this was worth watching, and some of you posted that it was, so I'm very grateful to you all for that, and for all the interesting post episode discussions I've had the pleasure of reading here on this thread.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-14, 20:33   Link #114
foxbox360
New Age Badass

till next time, Lupin!!!
Old 2018-09-17, 12:07   Link #115
Requiem-x
The slacking one

And here I was waiting for something way more cliched. Sure, Albert did help a little, but in the end its Lupin's show, literally, and my god, did he steal it this time (pun fully intended). Not only did he do a title drop, not only does the talk with Jigen shows exactly how Lupin sees life and why he does what he does, and not is it all cool as hell, but it also applies to the real world, as does the question posed to him: with all that has changed in tendencies and how to approach them, is there a place in the world for Lupin The 3rd? The answer: as long as people want more, as long as the people want to see the hero go against all difficulties and pull off a hell of a comeback, you bet there is. Yes, you can use that last bit to describe almost every shounen manga ever, but as demonstrated through the series, Lupin has his own style of doing things.

Oh, and Jigen shot down an armored convoy all by himself. That was cool too. Lots of cool all around this episode, really, from Lupin keeping his cool all the way through, Zenigata showing respect for the guy and just more of his sheer dedication, and of course, Lupin finally turning the tables on Enzo in a way that literally only him doing what he does, could pull off, once again bringing up one of the issues with social media in the process.

I've never been much into Lupin before, but this series has managed to blow me away with just how fun and cool its been again and again, so that could very weel change, and that was probably the intent, because from all that I've heard about references to places, people and storytelling styles and even the title for the final episode, this has been a celebration of all things Lupin, and what a good one it was. Now all that's left is sit back and enjoy one last vlimax!

Boy, am I glad to have watched the first episode of part 4 and know about Rebecca.
Old 2018-09-18, 16:18   Link #116
Nivek von Beldo

Wha was Lupin removed from his face? Still thic chapter was so dramatic but the final celebration this series and Lupin III Mythos...hope to see what future will bring
Old 2018-09-18, 19:38   Link #117
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
Wha was Lupin removed from his face? Still thic chapter was so dramatic but the final celebration this series and Lupin III Mythos...hope to see what future will bring
A mask, apparently we have never seen his real face.

So, has Amy given up the Lupin chase or is she just pulling back to work on the whole out womaning Fujiko thing?
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-18, 20:46   Link #118
akumaten

So the twist about Ami is that....
Spoiler for Origin of name:
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-18, 21:14   Link #119
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well a very nice ending but Lupin really did get injured way to many times this season

7/10 Hopefuly there will be another season
Old 2018-09-18, 22:44   Link #120
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Rebecca looks more grown up and who was that diana woman from the sub?